Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 10:46 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #71

Stay at home Mom's #71

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #70 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 03-21-2003, 10:52 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
At the end of the last thread, Melissa had posted. Glad to hear that the Dr visit went well, and that your little one was contentedly a kicking away!

I have to be brief- just have too much to do today- but thank goodness it is Friday!!!!!!! I got my walk in this am- which I really needed. Yesterday was a struggle for me with the points, I did finish within my range, (I think- I do not have a point value for Irish soda bread- so I guessed it at 5 points) but it was a tough day. Today is better- the 2 point walk helped. Dh has been in a bear of a mood, the commute is getting to him ( an intense 50 minutes) and although he does not really like his job, I doubt that he would attempt to find another one. So, he is in a crummy mood most of the time...... Hopefully this weekend with some nice weather his mood will break.
Gotta go put away the groceries. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 03-21-2003, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
I woke up in a bad mood this morning but have quickly cheered up. (I'm not much of a morning person) I'm so tired of war coverage. I like to be informed but 24/7? It's depressing if you ask me. But that's all I will say on that subject.
Last night after the kids went to bed Dh and I enjoyed a movie together (in our living room) and then I swept the kitchen (it started to look horrible with the kids tracking mud in and spilling chocolate ice cream on it.) and DH offered to mop it for me! What a dear! I was so happy. The sweeping about did me in all by itself so it was nice to not have to mop too. Yesterday we were gone all day. Went to Kansas City to buy me a maternity dress for a thing I am going to this weekend. It was alot of fun. The mall the store was in was HUGE! And so beautiful. I've never been in such a nice mall before. (small town girl that I am) It turned out to be a gerat day despite the drizzle.
Today seems to be going well. I feel really good, the sun is shining, my kitchen is cleaned, my living room is spotless.... ahh.... to enjoy it all. And I am working on keeping my laundry up. I have to say that I am proud of myself. After I stayed up so late last week folding the loads and loads of laundry I haven't got behind like that again. It feels good to keep things organized now. Less stressful.
Ok, enough of my mundane life...
Mel I'm happy that your appointment went well! Oh I can't wait to find out what you are having next month! I know you want a healthy baby but have you been leaning towards a sex preference?? Any feelings whether it's a girl or boy? What was the heart rate running?
Ginny sounds like your points are right on target. And sorry your DH is being crabby. They all have their phases huh? Mine can be a real jerk at times... but he's been alot better the past few months. Maybe it's because it's getting closer to having this baby and we know there is something worth keeping the peace about He's really excited about this one. I didn't think he would be since it is our third. You know the been there done that scene. But he really is happy about Tanner coming to join our family. That makes this pregnancy more enjoyable.
Well, I have laundry to fold so I'll talk to you all later! Have a great day all!!
Old 03-22-2003, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning!

I thought that I'd send a little sunshine to everyone! Hope you don't mind! Mel: Glad to hear that your appt. went well at the doc's & that you got to hear the little tic toc of the baby's heart beat. I'm so happy for you! So-how was your visit with your friends at the WW meeting? Did anyone comment on your precious blossoming tummy? I always admire a pregnant woman! (As long as it's not me!) Enjoy all those kicks & tumbles, as it goes so fast! (At least that's what you think once the pregnancy is all over.) Then all the sleepless nights start! lol Ginny:Hopefully you survived your hectic day yesterday. Has dh lightened up a bit? I haven't heard much about your oldest dd's moods lately. Has she changed for the better? Or is it not early enough in the baseball season yet? Congrats on losing again! You go girl!! I wasn't able to go to the WW meeting with my friend this week. By the time I was finished with my perm appt., the meeting was over already. I'm going to try real hard next week to go. I need to do something! Summer will be here before we know it! I'm so proud of you that you are staying within your points or are at least burning them up! You're awesome! So-did you put anything exciting in your grocery cart that will keep you OP? I know the next time I go shopping I need to load up on more healthier choices. (The Girl Scout cookies got the best of me!) I don't even want to go there! All I can say is that I can't wait 'til they are all gone, or I find room in the freezer for them.
Spryng: Hopefully you woke up in a better mood this am! I'm just the opposite of you & I tend to be more cheerful in the morning. By bedime-leave me alone!! As for all the war stuff on tv, I tend to agree with you. I turn it on for a little while to be informed, but then it makes me so sad that I put an upbeat CD on to energize me. I personally don't know anyone over there, but these are real people & they are fighting for our country! I signed up for the Navy in my senior year of H.S., but got a rejection letter because I was too young to enlist. (I was 16 at the time) They told me to wait until I was 17/18 & by that time my dm talked me out of enlisting. If I would have stuck to my plans, I would have been in the Gulf war & if I survived that-I'd probably be retired by now. My heart goes out to all those families that have loved ones there. Well, on to a more cheerful beat here! I'm glad to hear that your dh & you had some quality time together & sat down to watch a movie together. May I ask what movie you watched? I rented "About A Boy" & hopefully we can watch it tonight. I rented it once before, but unfortunately had to return it before I even got a chance to see it. So-you got a chance to go to Kansas City. Did you go to Kansas City, Kansas- Or did you go to Kansas City, MO? I haven't
been to either, but my dh has been to both & told me all about them. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself. So-what does the dress look like? Did you go long or short? Is it the old "Tent" style maternity dress, or did you go for a more snug fit? As for the picture you posted of your tummy-you could get away with a more snug fitting one. (Lucky you!) Did you mention that your baby's name will be Tanner? I like that name, as it sounds cute for when they are little, as well as a nice name for when the baby is older. Well gals, the guys are starting to wake up now, so I'll close for now. Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Freckles; 03-22-2003 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:12 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick post......Great to hear from you Spryng and Jackie.
Spryng, sounds good getting a new dress to wear (something nice to keep your spirits up!) WTG too getting all that laundry done, and a spotless living room to boot!!!!!!!

Jackie- hey, you got a perm!!!!! Congrats! You busy lady, I hope that the perm looks great on you and keeps your hair maintenance free. Thanks for spreading the sunshine, I could use some!!! I never would have thought of you being in the Navy- but then knowing what a highly motivated and upbeat person you are, that does make sense. I'm glad that you are with us, navy or not!! As for good foods- well, my choices for this week are some great oranges- chocolate no sugar fudgsicles, and chocolate grahams. All no or very low points. Guess you can tell my weakness is sweet stuff!!

Well the weather here has been great- too bad Dh's mood has not been. Softball/baseball is here- so that is all we do/talk about........yawn............somebody wake me up when it is over!!!!
Dd (16) has been in pretty good spirits- but who wouldn't be with all that she is planning and doing (she will be on 4 vacations trips this year)! But no time to go into that now- I have to pay some bills online. My eating is off today- I must admit I have a bit of a pity party going here, but I'm gonna get those walking shoes on and break that up soon.
See ya later!!
Ginny
Old 03-22-2003, 09:24 PM   #6  

Good evening all!
Whew! What a day! I've been gone all day long and will be again tomorrow. I'm so tired. but it was nice.
Jackie- my Dh and I watche I-Spy and it was so funny! I laughed and laughed. It really lifted my spirits with all the war stuff going on. And I agree with you completely. I turn on the tv just to be updated and in goes a cartoon or movie to break the mood. I want to be informed I just don't want to see it happening live. We went to Kansas City Kansas but I've been to MO too. I think it's a nice city. My DH always has to drive because the traffic scared me but he is very good at keeping up with everyone and such. They have great malls there. The dress is just a long light summer type dress. It's a soft green with different colored flowers on it. It's not figure hugging but not tent like either. Just "flowing" I guess is the word. My belly fills it out nicely. I just hope it will fit when I'm 9 months along. With my ds I couldn't even fit into maternity jeans because my belly got so HUGE. I could only wear sweat type leggings. (it was winter) so I'm wondering how big I'll get this time. Yes I did mention that our baby will be named Tanner. Tanner Ace. I really like it too. It was so easy for Dh and I to agree on (shock shock) I saw the name Tanner and loved it and mentioned it to him and he said "Yeah! Tanner Ace!" So it stuck. With my ds we argued until the day he was born about his name. His name is Joseph Paul. My husband is Joseph Clement the 3rd. He wanted him to be the 4th and I hated it! I wanted him to not be named after a person my Dh hadn't even met and all that. So we decided on Joseph so it was after my DH and Paul which was named for my grandfather who means the world to me. But I didn't know what his name would be until the night he was born. my DH wouldn't agree on anything so it was up in the air and as soon as he came out of me and was lying on my chest the nurse asked what his name was and he said Joseph Paul. I was so thrilled. So it worked out. But Tanner will not be named after ANY family member, he'll have his very own special name. I love that. Ok, enough of the name history.
Ginny- I hope you got that walk in so you didn't go over your points. I'm routing for you!!
Well I have lunches to make for tomorrow and another dress to iron and such so I better get off here so I can get into bed at a decent time. Hope your weekend is going well and hope all is getting this warm weather we have here! It will be alomost 80 tomorrow! G'nite!
Old 03-23-2003, 10:59 AM   #7  

Hi!

I just wanted to stop in for a visit. I also wanted to let everyone know how my Saturday went. I stayed home the entire day! We did go out to dinner with the kids, but that was it! I got so much done. (I still have a long.....way to go though)DH was in charge of the "taxi" yesterday. He also was the decision maker with the kids. His day started by taking ds to his event @ noon, which turned out to first start at l:00. So-he stayed in town with him until then. Before dh & ds left for the event my dm called me to inform me that she had locked her keys in her car at the grocery store. The store just so happened to be across from where ds needed to be dropped off, so I asked dh if he could run the spare keys over to her & unlock the car for her.
(We keep one of dm's spare car keys at our house for this reason)
DH came home for awhile before picking up ds by 3:00. Once dh & ds arrived home, I asked dh if he could pick up dd from the birthday party that she went to. (I was just getting in my car to go pick her up!) He said sure & then I informed him that he also had to take home dd's friend from the party too! No problem!
I tell you, it was so nice not to have to chase for the day! I did thank him for playing taxi. I then woke up this am & asked if he could take the kids to church so that I could have another day at home to work on things. (I'll be going to church on Wed. eve.)
So-they are still gone & I'm enjoying the time to myself! Well, I'd better scoot so that when dh comes home he'll see me working!
Bye!

Oh! One more thing: Spryng-I have never seen the Spy movie, but we did go to Blockbuster & rented the movie "About A Boy" with Hughe Grant. What a funny movie, along with a great drama!

Last edited by Freckles; 03-23-2003 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-23-2003, 05:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm here! Oh geesh its been rought around here. We all have a bit of a bug going on. I can barly keep up with the household and the farm. It has totally drained me. My eatting was off until today. Finally an op day I got a nice walk in this evening. I'm really not following any sort of diet. I checked them all out tho. I decided I'll just do my best to get out of this disortered eatting. So I'm doing my best to eat 3 balanced meals a day and get pleny of exercise. It certianly has to be better than all the over eatting in the evening I was doing and skipping breakfast and lunch. Well it looks like I picked a bad time to get online the girls are getting into trouble so I better go.
Hope you all are doing well!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:14 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!! Good to see that everyone is surviving/has survived the weekend.

Misty (aka Michele)- I guess that this is your busy time of year- with the farm picking up and maintenance of a family. Sorry that your family has been ill too!!!!!! I hope that everyone feels better soon (especially for your sake!). You sound stressed......hang in there and check in when you can. Last year you had some babysitting help with the girls one or two days a week. Are you still getting that help? Maybe you can get some time off for yourself.....that's all.

Spryng- your dress sounds so pretty, and springlike! (no pun intended) Nice that you got to Kansas City- even if just for a change of sceneryand some good shopping. I loved your name your kids story.....sounds sort of like what happened with me so I can identify with it a lot!!!!!! Tanner is a nice name- I like old names.

Jackie- well, Dh sure gets the award for being a good Dh this weekend! He has earned his chauffeurs liscence for the week.......Great for you that you got some much needed and well deserved time to stay home and relax a bit......uncluttter the house and get stuff done. Two days like that must have been just wonderful. Gotta love that Dm story locking the keys in the car... and good that you have the extra key!

As for me, I'll be surprised if this weeks WI goes well. My eating was a bit out of whack Saturday- but I did walk my hoofies off- over an hour! Some to compensate for the eating (which was not all that bad, more for stress relief) and some to let off some steam. Yesterday I got outside and did some gardening, and got a short bike ride in with Dd. Probably earned one excercise point.
The problem was we had chinese for dinner- and I over did it a bit. But I did get a 20 minute walk in this am....and hopefull will get out again tonite. Today I have been behaving myself quite a bit.

Well, I had better go attend to my messy house! Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 03-24-2003, 02:20 PM   #10  

Boy Ginny I understand how chinese food can get you! That was my major downfall. I love love love chinese and the sad part is it takes alot of it to really fill me up so I eat so much when we go! And we all know what kind of cals are hidden in there. But your hour long walk and bike ride had to do some good and gardening always burns more cals than you think. It's back breaking work. We were hoping to get started on flower beds this year but with the baby coming and all we just can't afford it. Maybe next year.
Misty! I'm so glad you are checking in with us. Hopefully that bug has passed you now and all are feeling better. As for your diet plan you sound like you are doing just fine without being on a specific "diet". Let us know how its going. Do you weigh in once a week or how is that working?
Jackie, that has to be so nice to have DH helping you out like that! What a needed break for you. Is this going to be a regular thing for him or was it just a one time thing? Anyway, you deserved it and I hope you feel rested and motivated now! I'll be routing for you to make the WW meeting this week! I know everyone has noticed the difference in Ginny since joining. She's really brought back the motivation for weight loss here again (since Mel became pregnant of course because she was doing fantastic too) and I hope you can join her! I'll be joining you all as soon as little Tanner wants to make his appearance come June.
Well, my day is going pretty good. It has hit 80 degrees today, is windy but very beautiful! The kids are loving being able to run barefoot and wear shorts again! Now it's time for me to buy some maternity shorts so I can get some color on these white legs of mine. lol. I haven't done much cleaning today. Just kind of lounging around the house, enjoying the normal tv programs that have been taken off all week due to war coverage. I'm excited to see DR Phil today. I just love that show.
Oh and I'm 27 weeks along today! My very last week in the 2nd trimester! How time has flown.
Guess I'll get off here. Talk to you all soon! Have a great OP day!
Old 03-24-2003, 05:31 PM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Spryng - great to hear from you! And although I really do not like the hot weather for you and the sake of your kids it is great.
How nice to run bear piggies in the grass.....and hey, this year it is your own grass! What a wonderful feeling that is!!!! Glad that Dr Phil was on for you today- I know this war coverage is so intense, and can really be depressing. Congrats to you on the last week of the 2nd trimester!!!!! Gosh, this time has flown....and soon little Tanner will be in your arms. What a blessing.
Well,I came on to check Ds's math homework.......the teacher and I are emailing to be sure that he gets it all done (why is this taking so much work from me??). Now off to get dinner on.
Have a great evening!
Ginny
Old 03-25-2003, 10:12 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!
Gee, it's just silly ol' me, a talking to myself again!
So, just a quick hello. Honestly, for anyone who remembers me from last years weigh loss, I do post more when I am doing better with staying OP- the thread keeps me honest. Thanks!

I got a 20 minute walk in this am.....oh well, better than nothing.
And I finished off that darned chinese food for breakfast.......it was mostly veggies. Ok, it was silly but I figure I have all day to get rid of the salt b4 tomorrows WI. I have been great with my water so far too. I am wondering about the WI- this week, while not awful has been rocky. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Gotta go.......Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 03-25-2003, 10:54 AM   #13  

Hmmnn.....

My post that I left yesterday didn't show up! How frustrating!
Ginny: I hear yah on the homework issue! I email back & forth to the teachers all the time. I also got a call from ds's teacher yesterday & it's so bad that we have an appt. scheduled for this Friday @ 7:30 a.m. This morning ds needed to have a recipe for French class. (Along with the product!) So...at 6:00 this a.m. I was making bacon wrapped water chestnuts with ds. We have our smoke alarm wired up to ADT, so I decided to call them up & put our alarm on "test mode"
for an hour. Thank goodness I did, because in no time the bacon caught on fire with the broiler! What a smokey mess! I tell yah, I'm so worn out by this ordeal that I feel like going back to bed!
Unfortunately, that won't happen because I need to take my FIL to his dialysis appt. this a.m. DH & I went with my MIL yesterday to the attorney's office to get POA papers drawn up for him. It's time to start looking for a nursing home for him. While there-my MIL assigned me as the #1 POA for healthcare matters for her & my FIL. I'm #2 as POA for their personal property matters. I was shocked because dh is the youngest child of 4 & she hasn't icluded any of her other children as POA's! Should I feel honored, or should I consider this a hindrance? Ginny-I can't wail 'til Thursday, as I will definitely be joining WW! I need a push!!
Spryng: I hope you enjoyed watchig Dr. Phil. I've been too busy to watch t.v. I sure miss watching Oprah and Dr. Phil. Mel: How are you doing? Misty: I'm worried about you! If you find the time, feel free to PM me. (It's healthy to vent!!) Hang in there, hun! Well gals, I have to scoot. TTFN!
Old 03-25-2003, 06:35 PM   #14  

Good afternoon all!
Well this will be a short post. I'm feeling down today. I'm just so tired of bills, obligations, and MONEY!!! The baby will be here in 2 1/2 months and I feel so over whelmed with everything financial. I don't know how we are going to get the things we need for him plus everything else we must buy for summer. Ok, I know. Too personal. I'll stay off my soap box now I just feel down, that's all. It will pass as it always does.
I hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Old 03-26-2003, 12:36 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Aw crumb!~~~~~~~~
I just lost my post!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll get back on later and get personal.
Spryng and Jackie (Misty too!)- you are all facing trials....I'll keep you in my prayers. My WW meeting went well- very inspirational. And I lost another 2#.
Gotta go- have a good day.
Ginny
Closed Thread