Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Default Binge-Free Challenge - November 1-7, 2010

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:59 PM   #2  

Day 266!

I'm so happy I made it through Halloween, that I thought I'd start the new thread. Let's make the first week in November a great one.

Good luck, everyone!

Tyla
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I know we're probably going to have the candy in the house for another week so I decided to join this challenge to give me some incentive to stay away from it! I'm on Atkins so even a little bit of sugar is very, very bad.

Good luck to everyone, and congratulations, tyla, on how long you've gone without a binge!
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #4  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Day 85!

I made it through Halloween without eating ANY candy! I'm so happy with myself for sticking to my plan. My husband has already taken all the candy to work, so it isn't even a threat any more!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

good morning! earning day 81!!!

i did have candy last night... i was not out of control, i was over calories but i feel that i am okay with all that... after all, it was halloween and i have lost all my weight so i don't mind indulging a bit here adn there... now the challenge is to keep it under control... now that i have tasted it, of course i want more... so i need to temper that and enjoy "responsibly" ... (sounds like an alcohol commercial!)

congrats to all you ladies that stuck to plan!

i had my 2year anniversary weigh in on Sat morning and I am down i feel amazing...this is the longest i have EVER held a weight... and i do mean ever! it has been 18 months within about 5 lbs!!! pretty excited!!!

lets rock this week!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #6  
Y U NO EAT RITE?

S/C/G: HW: 250

Height: 5 foot 7 and a heifff

I DEFIANTLY need to join this thread. I have been on a terrible binge for the last 3-4 days. I just kept eating and eating and eating. All some of it was healthy foods; some of it was bad foods. And it isn't the first time this has happened. I am on track and doing great during the week and then I relapse on weekends and eat bad foods and lots of them.

I feel disgusted with myself and I want to get back on track and stay there.

So I guess today is Day 1 of being binge-free.
Persicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #7  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

Today is Day 21! 3 weeks under my belt and it feels great! I am feeling so strong ad confident. I made it through last night without a single piece of candy!!! For the first time in my life! I am SOOO proud!!!!

Let's make today count!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/160.2/135

Height: 5'6.5

Day 9, here! I'm going to break my record this time - only two more days! And Halloween was a snap! Not a single piece of candy

Welcome, Persicae!

Happy November, everyone!
YoYono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #9  

LINSY, welcome! Thank you for the compliment. I believe a lot of my success has been due to this thread and our very supportive group. I know you will succeed, too. Stick with us! Good luck to you! And congrats to you for following the Atkins plan and doing so well!

Persicae, welcome! I know what you mean about bingeing on the good food and the bad food. My first day here was after eating boxes of slim fast bars. That's all I had in the house. I couldn't believe I was acting as if I hadn't seen food before, and had to eat anything that came my way. Stick with us, and you will like yourself again. Good luck to you!

I'm loving the month of November already! Lots of success to all of us!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 11-01-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/214/200

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsy View Post
I know we're probably going to have the candy in the house for another week so I decided to join this challenge to give me some incentive to stay away from it! I'm on Atkins so even a little bit of sugar is very, very bad.

Good luck to everyone, and congratulations, tyla, on how long you've gone without a binge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persicae View Post
I DEFIANTLY need to join this thread. I have been on a terrible binge for the last 3-4 days. I just kept eating and eating and eating. All some of it was healthy foods; some of it was bad foods. And it isn't the first time this has happened. I am on track and doing great during the week and then I relapse on weekends and eat bad foods and lots of them.

I feel disgusted with myself and I want to get back on track and stay there.

So I guess today is Day 1 of being binge-free.
WELCOME!

And congrats to all you "old timers" who are doing SO SO well!!

I had company all weekend and did not do as well as I hoped. Today Im back to day 1, however I did not suffer a gain this weekend, in fact Im down 0.5lb from Thursday (my last weigh in) so I feel proud of that.

Heres to following this Monday with a great Tuesday!
1HauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #11  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

I've made it 1 full week thanks to many of you who talked me off the ledge on Saturday. I think just conquering the urge is empowering in & of itself. I wasn't perfect, but I did NOT touch the candy.

Unfortunately I have small children with pails full of the stuff, so it ain't over yet...

Congrats to all of you who have remained strong for so long! You are inspiration.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/218/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

I'm new and I'm joining the challenge!!

Today is day 12 that I've been binge-free.

I lost 80 pounds beginning in May of 2008, then I started struggling and then gradually started binging more and more often until it became a daily thing for about a year and a half and I regained a lot of the weight I had lost. The longest I've gone without binging in the past 2 years is about 2 weeks, and that's only happened a couple of times. I'm really excited to get to 3 weeks binge-free, but I'm also scared in the back of my mind that I'm going to mess up. I'm pretty confident that I'll do fine and that I won't have any urges that I can't handle. I'm not so overly confident though that I'm ignoring tools and reminders that I have to avoid binging.
grouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #13  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 13- I made it through Halloween without binging. I started out having veggies & fruit, everything I made for hubby & daughter looked so good that I had to try some. So I had some of each thing, but didn't realize how many calories I ate til I sat down later that night. 3300! I didn't even eat that much!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #14  

going for day 28 today !! and feeling incredible
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #15  

The weekend was not so good but it did give me time to think and plan some but I still need to do more. So far so good today but I don't want to jinx it!
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote