Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 07:02 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default Monday and Tuesday 3-24 & 3-25 Daily

Morning all!

Jiff, glad to hear the dishwasher is finally emptied, and the best part, you didn't need to bribe peachie with "your" crab legs.

Amy.......be careful........you may just by-pass that size 18!!! Your doing great, keep up the good work.

Luna is John ready to run a marathon yet?

peachie how did the big kid do this weekend......this was the state wresting weekend right? I have one question for ya, will you come empty my dishwasher? Of all household duties......I HATE to empty the dishwasher.......would rather clean a toilet. How weird is that?

It is going to be in the 70's here today Would like to spend most of the day with a coffee cup and my cross stitch sitting in the sun.......we shall see

Doggie is doing the whine dance.......better get him outside.

Have a good one all
Old 03-24-2003, 07:51 AM   #2  

I'll trade ya the toilet for the dishwasher. no problem...remember...I got messy sloppy little boys.

the kid came in 6th which all things considered, as in he is a year younger than the rest of the kids ...he did very well.

NOW maybe he and dh can help me around the house with some heavy lifting and moving.

I am in such a FOUL mood this morning that I think I am going to go on strike around here...or the very least a work slowdown, I feel like a maid.

I'll be back when my mood improves!!!

peach
Old 03-24-2003, 09:15 AM   #3  

Talking

Good morning everyone!!! Today is the first day of my 12 step program because I am a scale-aholic, I had Paul put the pad lock on it again. I am driving myself crazy and I think that if Wed. rolls around (I will be 7 weeks post-op) and I am still at 28 lbs lost I will go crazy!!! So to stop from going even more crazy I have made it impossible to weigh myself !!

I have found a new protein bar that I can handle (can't do the Detour bars yuck) they are the Balance Gold they have 15g of protein and 15g sugars and are wonderful the bar is only 1.76 oz!!. I love the mint one it does taste like the Girl Scout cookie (Thin Mint)!! I am eating the Chocolate! Chocolate! one right now and it is great. Since I have been getting so sick on my drink I am on a quest to find better protein!!!

I am so proud of myself this weekend I mowed the lawn!!! Ok it was a riding lawn mower but still I would have never done this in the past, not to mention that in the past I could not move the steering wheel because of my stomach! I am so dang proud!! I stayed out back all weekend with my family and my pig!! I did not even take a nap this weekend!!! I feel so wonderful!!

Well I gotta go start my day! Got dishes to get out of the dishwasher and toilets to clean (4 sons lucky me)!!!

Hazel
Dr. Daly 02/05/03
Weight 08/02~ 314
pre-op weight ~282
current weight ~254
Total lost 60 /since surgery ~28
Old 03-24-2003, 12:43 PM   #4  

Hazie, can you do the Atkins Bars? I think that they taste VERY good, 19g Protein, 0 Sugar!

Per the Doctor John can not eat anything with over 2g of sugar?! We are finding that while it does stop quite a lot of things, there is still a pretty good selection of stuff he can have.

He is doing great! Has a little cold and is stuffy, but beside that he is feeling really good. He is down 37 lbs. and as of his measurement a week ago, 5 inches just off his belt line, actually he really needs a new one!

Finally starting to get nice up here, and kicked the kids outside this weekend! Need to start a family walking plan!
Old 03-24-2003, 04:11 PM   #5  

I haven't been posting on the daily chats but I would like to if I am welcome..

I finally made an appt. to see the trainer at the gym, yayyee!! It is this Thursday night so I will be sure to pass any good information along...

My DH hid my scale a little better and I have no clue where it is now.. The wierdest part is that I feel so relieved kinda. Not having to get up and face the scale every morning.

Also, I don't know where everyone keeps track of their food, or even if they do, but I found a great place for it!! www.calorieking.com is the address and it is similar to FitDay, but has SOOO much more stuff and is SOOO user friendly. You can keep track of your weight, inches, food, water, exercise, all of it!! And it is free.. Even better.. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-25-2003, 12:40 AM   #6  
Slowly going crazy!

Good Evening everyone.
Amy Lyn...not sure if I said "HIYA" formally or not (maybe I did, my life is such a Haze).

Speaking of Haze... Hazel, it looks like I'm going to join you in that twelve step program...12 steps away from the scale, right??? I find myself enslaved sometimes, which is why I'm really trying to just rely on my measurements as much as possible.

Peach...when you get done with your maid's uniform, can you pass it over to me? My house is a wreck, what with the kitchen remodel. I've called all my friends and seriously banned them from even driving in my front yard.
The good news is, we are nearly ready for our counter tops (once dh gets the sink installed in the new sink base.) YEAH! ! ! I give myself one more week of this mess till I need to move to a hotel. *LOL*....
Old 03-25-2003, 07:09 AM   #7  
she who must be obeyed

Morning all!! Amy Lyn, of course your welcome to join us!

Okay, Hazel and peachie.......do you realize between the two of you, you have SIX boys!!!!!! and I'm sure they all have bad aim. Now if you add husbands and my two boys and my husband, we are out numbered 11 to 3!! Since I have the only daughter........11 to 4........ladies the odds are not good that we will have a clean bathroom!

Beautiful, beautiful day yesterday, more planned for today.

The countdown for the bands trip to DisneyWorld is underway! Yesterday the band was learning their music for the parade. They will be playing Zippedoda (I'm sure that is not how you spell that) and the Micky Mouse song.

A kitchen remodel.......have heard that can be very stressful on the nerves. I'm sure it will be nice to have "new" kitchen tho. Hang in there, it will be over soon.

As for the scale posse, I usually jump on the scale every morning. It is just not moving. I'm just thankful for one thing........any other time I have lost weight and had a pause in the loss......it would be the end of me and soon it would all be piled back on plus some.

One of the young chopper pilots taken as a POW is from the Atlanta area. His Mom and Dad were on the news this AM, they are asking for prayers that he and the other's taken as POW's be treated fairly and come home soon. His parents still support his decision to go in the military and still support the effort.

Off to check in on the low-carbers! have a great day all
Old 03-25-2003, 11:13 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk
Old 03-25-2003, 11:47 AM   #9  

Today is John's one month anniversary! Drum roll please: 42 pounds off!

Me, well I need to get back to the diet! But I am so happy for him, and more importantly, he is happy for himself!
Old 03-26-2003, 02:43 PM   #10  
Slowly going crazy!

Congrats John... Weigh to be a LOSER! ! ! WHAHOO! ! !
Closed Thread