Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 06:22 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again.... #303

WELCOME !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!
Old 03-21-2003, 06:26 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

Hey, 2cute! She who smelt it, DEALT it!!!

It wasn't me, I swear!
Old 03-21-2003, 06:31 PM   #3  

Hi girlies,
Wow, where is everyone? Please come out and play or is that the reason your not here? I know Tina is off to Bristol and honeymoon. Whats up with the rest? Oh someone is babysitting I remember but who was that???? I could go back and look at the last post, but oh that would just be to hard. Whoever it is, please I have 2 more to send to you to watch, you can keep em for a bit if you would like? I'm sure you will return them......LOL

Guess what I am eatting right this minute for supper? BLT and fries.....yes you heard me right.....Turkey bacon of course and whole wheat light bread 2 slices is 1 pt and lots of lettuce and tomatoe and steak fries....all accounted for and I feel like I'm major cheating....

Hope everyone is doing well.

~Sandy~
Old 03-21-2003, 06:33 PM   #4  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SORRY, IT MUST BE ALL THE FIBER IN THE DIET....LOL
Old 03-21-2003, 07:36 PM   #5  

Hey, Man, it can't be me! I am still too afraid to fart that it won't be a fart that comes out! Sorry bad joke!

Sandy: Do you LIKE turkey bacon? I bought something with it in it and found it kind of gross tasting. Sure do miss the ole BLT's though. I LOVED bacon. You didn't know I was the voice for the dog on that Begging Strips commercial did you, "bacon, bacon, bacon...."

My sweet gs is in Knoxville with his mom and dad and I sure do miss him. He was here on Tues morning and we of course had a ball. We have a set of these tiny walkie talkies and he thinks they are cell phones. He made his granddad go to Lowes and get batteries because the batteries were dead and then was a total hoot trying to get him to speak into the mic instead of listening into it. I couldn't convince him it wasn't a cell phone.

I am going to try and push the dh into getting outside tomorrow, clean out leaves etc on our deck and get our patio furniture and grill set up. It is now consistently warm here so I want to start using it. I also want to get my little strip of flower bed in shape with something. I just haven't decided what as I definitely do not have a green thumb. Plants shrivel when they see me coming. I am thinking about covering it all in white rocks and putting in those little wooden pictures on stakes or something. I don't know.

Well, I am going to check on my men and see what trouble they are in.

Donna
Old 03-21-2003, 09:45 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

I just finished eating a large sonic blast and I really don't care.

I went to see my brother today, He is still saying he is going to off himself. I feel so bad for him. I took him some groceries and some cigerettes. We have never been close but he is my brother and I' don't know what to say or do for him.

I went to my reference workshop this morning theen to my brothers he had left a message on my machine while I was gone saying he loved me and was sorry for what he was going to do. He said he had no other choice it was his only way out..

Well I have run on enough so I'll go.
Love all of you.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:19 AM   #7  

Angry

Now this is more like it. I knew we just needed some "fresh" air.

Kat... it wasn't me. One of the luxuries of low carbs is that you don't fart. TRUE
I got to cuddle some more today with both grandbabies.
They are spending the night with us. Thank goodness my daughter is here to help. They can keep you hopping. Fortunately I get the cuddling duty.

Sandy ... So you're the ONE !!!!!! Well at least you fessed up.
Next time just go into another room. LOL But NOT our chat room.
I am babysitting but I don't remember if I told you about it earlier.
I would be glad to take your two also. Are they both boys? My husband wants some grandsons too. LOL
I hear you had a BLT and fries. I have a recipe to use turnips as a substitute for fries. LOL I told you... I am on a roll with these veggies.
I also wanted to tell you that Thin is gone for the weekend ALONE with her hubby too. Well... no kids anyways... they went with another couple to one of those "mystery dinner weekends". Sounds like fun. We are going to have to work double time to make up for their missing posts.

Donna.... Walkie talkies !!!!!! My granddaughter would LOVE those.
I guess I am going to have to get her some to keep here so we can talk to each other. HEY... I just remembered.... we have some. I know what we will be doing tomorrow.

Mary.... {{{{{ HUGS }}}}}
I know exactly what you are going through with your brother.
I had one friend who shot himself when his wife left him.
He did not die. He thought that would "prove" to his wife how much he loved her. All it proved is what an idot he was. He is remarried now..
I also had a brother in law that turned to alcohol when his wife left him.
He never recovered. He finally drank himself to death.
It is hard on the people who care about them.
BUT... I also have friends who rebound and made a full recovery... so don't give up hope. Just remember one thing.
YOU are NOT responsible for his actions.... only he is.

Well... today was Fun Friday... and I had FUN !!!
I had a nice relaxing morning.
Made my FINAL payment on our home !!!!!
Went to the movies.
Cooked on the grill for dinner. Mmmmm
Played with my grandbabies all evening.
And now ending my day with my favorite cyber friends.
What a day !!!!

Kat... I cooked those large portabella mushrooms on the grill and they were good.
Also grilled marinated small mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, corn on the cob and hamberger patties. Mmmm good.
I made my mock potato salad again except added more yellow mustard. Last time I did not. My daughter and husband said it was even more like real potato salad. I think they are just getting used to it now. LOL I did not have any leftovers this time.

Now I have an acorn or spaghetti squash to cook.
It looks like an acorn but was under a label saying "spaghetti". ????
Does anyone have any ideas which I have ????
What is spaghetti squash suppose to look like.??
What about ways to cook it???

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-22-2003 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:10 AM   #8  

2cute, what a good name that is for you, because you are just 2cute for words. I find myself usually smiling through your whole post. You know you have a spaggetti squash if it is yellow and very small watermellon shaped. I cook them in the oven till tender and then spray with ICBINB and sprinkle a little brown sugar on it. Or sometimes I have it in the place of pasta for spaggetti, yes it looks just like spaggetti noodles. Acorn squash on the other hand I peel and cook on top of the stove in water till tender then mash it all up or whip with beaters, and a secret is to add little br. sugar to that too, improves the taste tremedously. I love any squash, guess I could be the squash expert now . Butternut is my all time favorite and it's the one with the most carb. and stuff in it. Isnt that always the way. Now you say Turnip fries? I am assuming you cut them like fry size then bake em???? Sounds good cause I love turnip too. But last night I was craving good ole french fries. If you check for the lowest calorie and fat brand you can have like 9 or 10 steak fries for 2 pts....and steak fries are big and of course I always have 2 servings.

Donna, the Louis Rich Turkey bacon is so good. I love it, I use it for BLT's and sometimes in an omlet. If you can find the brand called (jeanie o-----could be spelled wrong) that is even lower in fat and you can have 2 pc's versus 1 pc for the same amount of calories/fat and everything. Yes quantity is still big with me. I still have my big ole salads about 5 days out of the week in my huge huge salad bowl. Thanks for all the encouragement you give me, you are doing good yourself you know.

2cute, I almost forgot to pack the kids up and send em to you. I have 1 boy who just turned 11 and thinks he knows all and is the boss. and I have 1 girl who is 5 going on 16. How do I survive? Girls have attitude that boys don't have, and I find myself fighting and arguing with this 5 year old all the time and then I stop and think OMG whats gonna happen when she is 16?

Mary-------wish I could reach out and give you a real hug, but this cyber one will have to do {{{{{HUGS}}}}. Why is it that us sisters always feel bad and end up taking on the brothers stuff? And why is it the brothers find the need to lay it on us? I am the oldest of 5.......and the only girl. Only 1 of them is my full brother and the other 3 are 1/2's, like that matters. Anyway, my full brother he just turned 31, I am 33, he got out of jail finally in Novemeber (he has been in and out his whole life) Well I am just so sick of him laying his bad life on to me. We had the same childhood (alcoholic dad) and grew up the same, and like my saying always goes LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, I told him you choose how to lead your life. I hate to touch such a sensitive situation because I am not qualified to give such advice, but they say that people who talk about killing themselves are usually not ready to (that most of them just want the attention) which your dear brother has apparently gotton yours and then some. But, then I have to look at it like the statistics are not always right.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrr makes you mad don't it. And some woman can just be plain old mean and play the tricks of yes/no the baby is or isnt yours, depending on her mood. I guess the only way to really know is for him to request a test. Then he will have legal rights to the child and can get 1/2 custody or something. Kick the man in the *** and tell him to quit worrying about himself and do something for his child!!!! Okay I think I need to give another hug {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}.

I hope Thin is having a wonderful mystery murder weekend, that sounds so cool, right out of the movies you know.

I hope Tina is having a marvy time at the Race track. Of course dh had qualifing on here last night and wow the people there was amazing. If you read this post, could you answer me this? If you get tickets to a race, does that include watching qualifying? My dh was in heaven again last night cause they had the big interview with Ricky Craven/Kurt Bush and those to just joked around the whole time. So nice to see that they are friends.

Well, I think I have bent your ears long enough and will check in again in a while and hope that someone has posted.

's and 's
~~Sandy~~
Old 03-22-2003, 08:44 AM   #9  

Okay, who is using too many "dot dot dot's" so that the message is bigger than the screen?????

I hope you all don't mind but I have to post this for Sandy

THE THREE BEARS IN 2003:

Baby Bear goes downstairs and sits in his small chair at the table, he looks into his small bowl. It is empty. "Who's been eating my porridge?!!", he squeaks.

Papa Bear arrives at the big table and sits in his big chair. He looks into his big bowl, and it is also empty. "Who's been eating my Porridge?!!,"he roars.

Momma Bear puts her head through the serving hatch from the kitchen and yells, "For Christ's sake, how many times do we have to go through this with you idiots?

It was Momma Bear who got up first,
it was Momma Bear who woke everyone in the house,
it was Momma Bear who made the coffee,
it was Momma Bear who unloaded the dishwasher from last night, and put everything away,
it was Momma Bear who went out in the cold early morning air to fetch the newspaper,
it was Momma Bear who set the damn table,
it was Momma Bear who put the friggin cat out, cleaned the litter box, and filled the cat's water and food dish, and, now that you've decided to drag your sorry bear-asses downstairs, and grace Momma Bear's kitchen with your grumpy presence, listen good, cause I'm only going to say this one more time.

"I HAVEN'T MADE THE F@#$% PORRIDGE YET !!

Old 03-22-2003, 09:30 AM   #10  

Angry

Laughing my butt off
Old 03-22-2003, 09:32 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

I just lost another post!

2cute: Take that spaghetti squash, cut it long ways, scoop out the seeds, place cut side down on a sprayed baking sheet. Bake @ 350 about 30 minutes or so, let cool a bit and scoop out the strands into a bowl. toss with butter, salt and pepper or saute onion, garlic and a can of diced tomatoes while it's cooling, pour over the squash and add grated cheese...

Sandy...I will have to try turnip fries! I have made sweet potato fries which are very good. I want to try cutting them like chips and see how that goes. I remember seeing somewhere a recipe for making regular potato chips in the microwave, gonna have to find it and try it with sweet potatoes. Oh yeah, BTW...I fought with my daughter MUCH more at age 5 than I do now! (17) Over stuff like only wearing pink and ballet slippers to school. It will get better!

Donna, grab a package of zinnia seeds for your flower bed. Stick 'em in the ground and you will have flowers all summer long! They last (in these parts) through November...they don't mind heat, neglect, drought...you can't kill 'em! My kind of flower!

Lucky...my little "baby bear" just came down looking for his porridge...I ran through a list of choices...no, no, no...and finally said, "You're 12 years old, make your own breakfast!" Can't he see Momma bear is busy? He won't starve.

This morning I LEAPED out of bed at 7:40...screaming up the stairs at my daughter to get up, she's gonna be late. A sleepy voice calmly replied, "Mom, what day is it?" She had me there, I was momentarily confused..."Huh?" "It's Saturday, go back to bed." What a dork.

All right, I'm outta here, before I delete this again...Have a great day all...get outside in the sunshine!

PS, I almost forgot you, Mary...Please take care of yourself. Don't turn to food because you're upset about your brother. You need to be the strong and healthy one. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-22-2003 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-22-2003, 09:46 AM   #12  

Okay... my squash looks like an acorn more than a watermelon.
Do you cook acorn squash the same way??

Thanks for all the good ways to cook spaghetti squash.

Babys here so can't visit
Old 03-22-2003, 11:50 AM   #13  

Acorn Squash~~ I peel and boil and then mash it up....yummy. Like I said I love all squash. Enjoy.

And big question here: I bought an eggplant. I love eggplant parmasan, but not gonna make that, any ideas what to do with it or how to cook it? Help me Help me

Huggers,
Sandy
Old 03-22-2003, 01:40 PM   #14  

So many posts, so little time!
I will have to sit down later and do some catch up reading, but for now, I am just checking in to let everyone know that I haven't fallen. I am still here. Just a very busy weekend. The first one in awhile that my husband is home, I am taking advantage, and going to spend some time with him! He has been busy helping his mom move, so he decided to take this weekend off. He works such long hours during the week that i never see him. Anyway, it is also our towns little festival, "the Daffodil festival" and have to go to that. My kids have art work in it. I am so proud. I have such awesome kids.

Anyway, eating is good. I created a great recipe, I will post it later, when I have more time. Feeling great today. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Everyone have a great day!!!!
Old 03-22-2003, 02:26 PM   #15  

Ok, Sandy, it is my turn to complain about that wonderful thing God created....husbands! I told you guys I wanted to get my patio done today. It is kind of hard to explain, but the only "land" we have is a foot and a half wide L strip running along the back of the garage and down one side of the fence to the one neighbor, and a strip no more than about 5 inches wide that runs along the other fence we share with the other neighbor. The rest is redwood deck. The "land" was full of leaves and the few bushes need trimming also the deck needed a good sweeping and the sidewalk from the deck out needed deleafing and sweeping. I also wanted to clean and put up my patio furniture and my grill. Well first off, DH only works his behind off if he gets paid (as in his employment) otherwise he will slip and slide around it as much as possible. I gave him a choice the beginning of the week that we could either do the yard or the garage this weekend and he chose the yard. I wanted to get started bright and early, but he hedged until a little after 11. What I am irked about, is he wanted to do it half-#$%%$ and I was having none of it. He only blew out part of the leaves so I went behind and raked the rest out or swept them out, then he went in to the bathroom and came back out saying, "oh, I thought you would be done cleaning it up by now." Yeah right! He went and got the umbrella and was going to stick it in and the table was filthy from sitting out, so I told him to go into the house and I would finish it, which I did. It miffed him though! It looks nice, but no thanks to him. Why are men like that? He never does a job at home well unless it is something important to him and even then won't fix it like he put one of his shelves on his new computer in backwards and won't take it out and turn it around. God help me if I would do it though. He would probably blow his top. I know I am a perfectionist, but I do let him off the hook when I feel it is not done to my specifications gladly, but at least give it a good ole college try! Ok, so I blew off now.

Deon: Big kiss and hug to your youngin' and his or her art project. Hope you have fun at the festival. The town I lived in growing up in Indiana (1600 people) had a "Potato Creek Festival" every year and one of the towns a few miles south has a huge "Blueberry Festival" Labor Day weekend every year. They are always fun to go to and the Blueberry one has great craft booths.

Sandy: Can't you adapt a low fat recipe for your eggplant, like use eggbeaters as batter and whatever is lower cal for coating and make your own sauce? Maybe I am blowing in the breeze and have no clue how the stuff is made. I HATE all kinds of squash. It is one of the few veggies I don't like no matter how it is made along with eggplant and asparagus. Funny though I LOVE pumpkin. It is a great source of vitamins though so keep on eating!

2cute: My mom always cooked it with butter and brown sugar so I have no idea what you would do with acorn squash.

Mary: I will keep on praying.

Kat: Thanks for the suggestion. I am not kidding when I say I stink at gardening so what does dd get me for Christmas a gardening kit! I guess she thinks I will turn into some kind of Martha Stewart (shudder).

Lucky: LOOOOVVVVEEED the 3 Bears story. Cracked me up. When my two were little they were wonderful and on Sat would get up and get their own cereal and let mom and dad sleep in.

Duckie: How are things coming along for you? I know you were having some problems. I kept praying for you.

Well, I think I will get cleaned up and go to the mall and get my walk in.

Talk to you later.

Donna
Closed Thread