Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 07:41 AM   #1  

Default confession-I cheated like crazy!! Need to get back on track...

Hi,

I ate so much yesterday, that I still feel full this morning! I even feel too full to exercise, I think my stomach would kill me. I am NOT up for aerobics. Maybe I'll try a nice walk later, though.

Okay, I'm going to try just to eat like a "normal" person today, (but not obsess) and start again full force on program tomorrow. I am not getting on the scale. I just don't want to know!!! I can't face reality.

I am very disappointed in myself. I thought I had improved over these "free eating days." But yesterday, once I started putting junk in my body, I just kept going.

Starting again.....
Sherry
Old 03-23-2003, 11:11 AM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sherry....Is it PMS, maybe? Are you under a lot of stress? (The war can be stressful, even if you don't have any family members or friends in harm's way.) Is you calorie intake/points intake too low? That can lead to bingeing because your body thinks it's starving.

Just some suggestions of things you could look at.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

we're all here for you! we've ALL had these days.

last weekend... i went to a chinese buffet. BY MYSELF. nobody to stop me. it wasn't a pretty sight. i was still full the next morning, so i know what you mean.

but guess what? i'm doing good this weekend! we CAN recover!
Old 03-23-2003, 03:07 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sherry I have had 7 months of binging!! so if I can dust my self off and get OP then so can you!!!
Old 03-23-2003, 06:22 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Sherry,

Right there w/ya, babe. I don't think I ate a single OP thing yesterday, let alone drink my water. But I didn't binge either, and I think that's important. I've been off-plan w/the food for about 2 weeks now. Some days are better than others. I need a good kick in the a$$ to get back 100% on track, and I think that came just now.

I've pleateau'ed and am sick of being on the plateau. I won't lose any weight if I keep eating like this. In fact, I bet I've gained.

So we can do this, but setbacks are to be expected!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #6  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

I understand totally! I had been cheating really bad for almost a whole year. It felt like I was in a daze, where I so desperately wanted to change and lose weight, but the drive to eat seemed to somehow be stronger.

I've been on weight watchers for not quite two weeks, and this is the first time I've felt a little more in control. I lost 4 pounds, which for me was a huge success because I didn't think I had it in me anymore. I like how there are no "Off limit" foods, just control the portions and count the points.

How are you feeling about it today?

*hugs* irishwings
Old 03-24-2003, 02:06 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Been there...done that...about a million times. I never go over my calorie limit by a little. It's all or nothing with me.

Don't be disappointed with yourself. I don't think we'll ever be cured of this disease. We just have to learn to manage it. I am once again trying to get back on track myself. How are things today?
Old 03-25-2003, 04:35 PM   #8  
Losin It For GOOD!

I think the real key to this is to remember that a lot of us are really and truly...

FOOD ADDICTS.

We just can't control ourselves. The scary thing is, unlike being addicted to alcohol, or drugs, or cigarettes, you can't just completely eliminate food from your life. You have to eat to survive.

What I have had to do is go through my house and get rid of anything I will "binge eat". I've gotten better choices for food's I just cannot live with out (such as no-sugar added ice cream). I fill up on "bulk" foods with low calories (such as broccoli, air popped popcorn). And I ask the people around me to watch out for me.

I also have learned I cannot let myself get too hungry - because if I do, I eat until I feel full, which is usally WAYYY past "really" full.

The whole point is, you can move on, and there are always new days. But, also, if you know you are eating too much, don't consider the day wasted, instead get back on track as SOON as you possibly can.

You are not alone... none of you are... we are all in this together.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:50 PM   #9  

Hi,

Thanks guys! I've been getting more on track each day. Not totally on program yet, but getting there. I've stuck to my exercise. I did manage to do that every day.

I don't keep tempting foods in the house. I went out for all my cheating last Saturday...sigh..oh, wait, I did bake brownies Saturday night, so that was an in house cheat (blush)

Sherry
Closed Thread