Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 06:10 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 28 Oct. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Good morning! I have a question for those of you who have been doing the IP diet for a while. I have been on it for 5 weeks and 2 days. I have lost 23 lbs-which, don't get me wrong is great, but last weigh in I only lost 1.4 lbs and my coach said it might be my "1 week not to lose". He warned me of this at the beginning. Anyway since then, my scales still have not budged! I'm getting worried that I may be plateauing already-isn't it too soon for a platuea? I had hopes of reaching my goal weight before Christmas. I haven't cheated one second (although I sure have had a few "unclean" thoughts-pizza, italian bread, etc). I guess what I'm asking is is this normal for everyone? Did your weight loss slow down alot after the first 4 weeks?
Thanks for the input! I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Thanks to everyone who responded to my posts yesterday about the packets and crepes. I will be trying those recipes and see if I can salvage this box!

I wish my clinic sold individual packets, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Too bad!

Clarice, you're doing great! Don't let one week get you down. It happens! I always find that after a week of no to low weight loss, the next week more than makes up for it.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #4  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Here's the Big Mac in a Bowl recipe:

BIG MAC (no cheese) IN A BOWL
• 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
• 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
• 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded
Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default try this Asparagus

Well I had my 2nd weigh in...another 5 lbs gone..thats a total of 15...I'm really excited..plus i'm learning how to be creative with veggies...

Take a package of whole piece fresh Asparagus..put in a microwave flat dish...
drizzle olive oil very lightly on the asparagus...then sprinkle with sea salt-
and an italian salt free spice... microwave on high for 4 minutes...
They are still crispy but so very tasty....

15 lbs down...
Old 10-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #6  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Default Crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
Thanks to everyone who responded to my posts yesterday about the packets and crepes. I will be trying those recipes and see if I can salvage this box!

I wish my clinic sold individual packets, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Too bad!

Clarice, you're doing great! Don't let one week get you down. It happens! I always find that after a week of no to low weight loss, the next week more than makes up for it.
I remember seeing a recipe where you can use the crepe packets to make "crackers". I haven't tried it yet, but it sounded yummy.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Good morning!

Grrrrr~! My scale has been stuck at 200 pounds for 5 days! Its really making me work to get to that elusive ONEderland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I know any day now I will see that Wonderful ONEderland!!!!!

To everyone else.. have a great day!

Candace
Old 10-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Happy Thursday Morning Everyone!!

Here's to another great IP Day!!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #10  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Morning all! Well, my suspicions were answered...noticed the scale not moving the past 3 days.....yup. TOM. At least it wasn't moving at all....and not creeping back up! Lol! Keep plugging away.....that's what I keep telling myself! Have a great IP day!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning! I have a question for those of you who have been doing the IP diet for a while. I have been on it for 5 weeks and 2 days. I have lost 23 lbs-which, don't get me wrong is great, but last weigh in I only lost 1.4 lbs and my coach said it might be my "1 week not to lose". He warned me of this at the beginning. Anyway since then, my scales still have not budged! I'm getting worried that I may be plateauing already-isn't it too soon for a platuea? I had hopes of reaching my goal weight before Christmas. I haven't cheated one second (although I sure have had a few "unclean" thoughts-pizza, italian bread, etc). I guess what I'm asking is is this normal for everyone? Did your weight loss slow down alot after the first 4 weeks?
I've had low loss weeks and even a minor gain, but it always works out in the end. Sometimes it's hormonal or things not going through me enough or I slack on my water. I really haven't seen plateaus. My advice, do what you know you should and don't keep looking at the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Here's the Big Mac in a Bowl recipe:

BIG MAC (no cheese) IN A BOWL
• 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
• 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
• 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded
Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.
Okay, lunch for me!

JudoGirl --Congratulations on the loss!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!!!

I know there has been talk before about the reformulation of the Chocolate Pudding. This is my snack every evening, with a little WF Chocolate sauce drizzled on it. Well, I think my new box this week is the new stuff and if tasted TERRIBLE. I noticed right away it poured out of the shaker easier, but it was bland and not sweet, just BLECH! This is a real bummer as I'll have to figure out a new evening treat now. Suggestions?
By the way, these are the nutrition facts for up here in Canada:
110 calories
.5 fat
15 mg cholesterol
7 carbs (with 4 sugar)

Have a great IP day everyone!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

Good morning... Hope everyone is doing great I have my 2nd WI tomorrow. Excited and a little scared. Did great in my 1st week lost 8.4 and this time I don't know I'm not cheating but I am not really noticing a difference (although I really didn't notice a difference the previous week either). Do you guys weight yourselves everyday. I walk by my scale everyday and resist the urge to get on because I don't want to obsess about progress. I'm trying to just incorporate the plan in my daily life without making it the only thing in my life... that way I'm not constantly thinking about foods I can't have and just focus on being on the path to being healthier... does that make sence?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #14  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
At my 5th week WI I had lost 1lb. At my 6th week WI I had lost 8lbs. Don't stress about it, things change from week to week. As long as you follow the program you will continue to lose. Congrats on your progress so far!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #15  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning everyone!!!

I know there has been talk before about the reformulation of the Chocolate Pudding. This is my snack every evening, with a little WF Chocolate sauce drizzled on it. Well, I think my new box this week is the new stuff and if tasted TERRIBLE. I noticed right away it poured out of the shaker easier, but it was bland and not sweet, just BLECH! This is a real bummer as I'll have to figure out a new evening treat now. Suggestions?
By the way, these are the nutrition facts for up here in Canada:
110 calories
.5 fat
15 mg cholesterol
7 carbs (with 4 sugar)

Have a great IP day everyone!
I have the RTU chocolate pudding most evenings. I know it is a little more expensive but you do get 8 in the box instead of 7 and the convenience of having it ready on hand in the fridge whenever I want it plus the great taste make it worth it for me. It's also very convenient for travel.

Quote:
Good morning... Hope everyone is doing great I have my 2nd WI tomorrow. Excited and a little scared. Did great in my 1st week lost 8.4 and this time I don't know I'm not cheating but I am not really noticing a difference (although I really didn't notice a difference the previous week either). Do you guys weight yourselves everyday. I walk by my scale everyday and resist the urge to get on because I don't want to obsess about progress. I'm trying to just incorporate the plan in my daily life without making it the only thing in my life... that way I'm not constantly thinking about foods I can't have and just focus on being on the path to being healthier... does that make sence?
Don't worry and don't weigh yourself! You're doing great! You'll start noticing the changes in your body very soon.
Closed Thread