Old 10-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #1  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Default October 2010

Hey-I've never started a monthly (or weekly) thread here before!

Got my surgery date this morning-Jan 18th! I wish it could be sooner-but what are you gonna do?

Happy Monday!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all!

that's good news, JM! Keep your focus until then!

not much going on with me..same, same, same.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on the date, JM. Keep up the good work with what your are doing and the surgery recovery will be that much better! A friend of ours had gastric b-p in May and we saw her for the 1st time on Friday and she is down 105#, looks great. She had been walking with 2 canes pre-surgery, and now she is cane-less (she's only 47 yrs old). I had a slight pang of jealousy (can only admit that here ) but she really needed fast intervention - and she was having no luck on her own.

I had a slower than prior loss last week, but I am still thrilled. Plus, I neglected to obsess on the sclae this weekend, but I think I am down again. I'll see in the AM (but I only post weekly ) It is nice to see the numbers head downward, even if by fractions of lbs!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

JM, Even though you have to go through the limbo of waiting for months, it is kind of good that they aren't doing it right before the holidays. I'm sure you'd rather have it over with now that you've decided, but at least you have some time to lose the weight that they want you to lose. I started my vitamen D prescription. Not so bad, it is just one pill a week. I read one thing that theorized that those studies where people who drank more milk lost weight faster had to do with the Vitamen D enrichment of milk products. Interesting thought at least.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #5  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jillian, Kim & Barbara

JM -- Hurray for having your date!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #6  
WonderWoman

morning all.

angie--your trampoline jumpers gave me a smile this morning! they're cute!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #7  
Kim - IP 9/10

They caught my eye too!

Jillian - your hair is growing at an alarming rate! It looks terrific - you look like Julia Roberts in "Hook" (You were probably 3 years old when that movie came out... sigh...)

Edit:
OK, I just googled it, and she looked much shaggier than you in Hook - you look better. And, you weren't 3, you were probably like 10. Whew!

Last edited by Kimphin; 10-05-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #8  
WonderWoman

ha! kim..that's funny! yeah, hers looks to be styled to look shaggy and it looks a bit longer. and yes you were close..i was almost 10yrs old when that movie came out!

where in the FRICK is everyone else? hiding behind a naughty latte? being a lazy lurker? "come out come out wherever you are!!"
Old 10-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #9  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I'm up 2 pounds today, which is really ticking me off. I ate some food I wouldn't normally, but I was still around 1300-1400 calories, which should be absolutely fine. I'll hope that it's water and will whoosh away again quickly. I was kind of counting on a gain this weekend, with Thanksgiving and my birthday and TOM all due in about 4-5 days but this is too early!

I better hit the treadmill hard tonight to get prepared!

I'm glad you guys like my little jumpers!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #10  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Sorry I havent popped by..I was probably hiding behind my latte! I actually have had so much crap going on around me lately that I havent watched my weight at all the past week. I feel disappointed in myself because I really wanted to lose some pounds before my anniversary in a few weeks.

My niece has been acting severely depressed and I am feeling like I am at a loss. She wont even leave the house anymore. She stays in bed all day. This is a 20 year old!!! Its scary
Then I have been swamped at work with firing a staff for stealing. Now I have hired but its training time now!!!

Anyways, no excuses!!! I know!!! I need to get my butt in gear. Tonight I am going to boot camp so that should release some frustrations....

Talk to you all later,

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #11  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello All! Its been a LOOOONNNNNNNGGGGG time since I have been in here and posted. Its great to see all the usuals. Congrats on sticking with LAWL. I have often thought about trying something else, but always think you have a plan that works if you will use it.

Hows the baby Jillian?

Its great to see everyones faces again. Keep up the good work.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

AMY! Good to hear from you! Funny thing - some of us are still following the LAWL concept, but others have moved on to something else. I just love the friendships and support from my cyberchicks here, so I keep coming back for more!

Are you following any plan? or planning to follow a plan?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #13  
WonderWoman

wow! good to see you amy! the baby isn't such a baby anymore! X is now almost 1 1/2yrs old. she's doing well! we've been solo since may when my DH deployed. but we're doing amazingly well.
keep posting! it's nice to see "oldbies!" pop up!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #14  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Ladies I have returned to the LAWL basics of course because I was moving up the scale again. Not really trying to lose anything now, but tyring to feel better and not over do it.

I'm glad everyone is doing well. Sorry to hear about your DH Jillian.

What is everyone doing for Exercise? Me - Walking very little a few days a week. I just can't do the DVDs. I lose interest in about 5 minutes cause I don't look like they do. LOL

Has anyone seen a post from Nichole lately?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #15  
Kim - IP 9/10

No NICOLE has been conspicuously ABSENT lately....{{ahem..}}

Actually, I believe that she has been very busy since her middle DD just competed in her first pageant, and took home a few titles!

This week has been crazy, and I've ended up out of the house for dinner on more than one occasion - which is do-able on this plan, but harder than normal. The sclae appears to be showing it, too - but still hoping for the best tomorrow. Either way, I'm still thrilled to have lost 14 lbs in one month.

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I found a new favorite in the grocery store - MetroMint water. There is a few flavors (0cal, 0 everything) like orangemint, chocolatemint, peppermint, lemonmint... OMG I love it! The problem is that it was fairly expensive ($1.75 for a 1.16 liter) and I was going through it fast - so, I bought some spearmint extract, and I put a teeny drop into my water (seriously - a little goes a long way) and... tada! Cheap minty water. I need to find some sort of chocolate extract though, because that is a really yummy one. I need to watch how much of the extracts I use, since there is alcohol in them, and that messes with ketosis.

Anyway - off to drink more yummy mint water.