Old 10-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/234.4/150

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Ugh! I need to stop!

I had a horrible day...work and school issues. I hadn't eaten anything until just a bit ago..then I had a HUGE pile of mashed potatoes (my favorite comfort food). My stomach actually hurts. I need to stop now...and remind myself tomorrow is a new day.
SunshineTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Sorry you had such a horrible day! And yes, stop now, it's just not worth sabotaging all your hard work. As wonderful as they are, mashed potatoes just ain't worth it. Perhaps work on finding something else that helps you during these times....I find a long hot bath with a good book is a wonderful way to unwind...or if I'm upset a good walk can really help with sorting things out in my head so I can deal with whoever made me angry!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I have to always remember, that nothing tastes as good as pounds lost feels. Cliche I know, but that is what I have had to tell myself and my coworkers all week. And its only TUESDAY HAHA.

Walk, is good, but I like crunchy and salty when I am feeling that way, so celery and PB, or roasted chickpeas or pumpkin seeds and I am good to go. Granted its not mashed potatoes, but, I do not feel icky afterwards either
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I'm really sorry you had a rough day. Don't be so hard on yourself. Get back on track and keep trudging along
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Hey there- I'm sorry to hear about your day! I had a bad day food-wise, too. And mashed potatoes are quite wonderful for comfort, aren't they? But, in the end, all you have left is an empty bowl and an empty hole in your heart. Try to figure out what will fill up that hole and you will automatically put down the bowl. Of course, I'm still trying to do that myself, but just thought I'd remind you of what you probably already know. Good luck to you!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #6  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I know this sounds ridiculous, but when I'm super stressed and want to eat I have a plan of coloring in place. I like to print out and color Mandalas (google for pages to color!), and sometimes I get a book of them at the craft store, or most recently found a kit for coloring them with sand pens and colored pencils at barnes n' noble's, (clearance! 3$! ha.)

I told my mom how much this helps me and she said, "of course it does, why do you think parents sit their wild children down with a coloring book and crayons?" haha

hope it helps
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:20 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Maybe it's the time of year, a lot of people seem to be struggling right now. Getting colder, warm and cozy indoors, holidays coming up. Start fresh again tomorrow.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote