Old 10-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #1  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

Default My 3rd week weigh-in

Let's see...the first week I lost 11 pounds, second week I lost 6 pounds, and this morning I had my 3rd weigh in: .4 pounds lost. I'm not discouraged because I've lost 17 pounds within 3 weeks, but it did kinda disappoint me a little. I have realized though, I shouldn't be eating ANYTHING that's not on the acceptable foods list for induction. That includes the Atkins cookie dough bar that I ate on Saturday. Or the Atkins strawberry shake that I had yesterday. Also includes the Breyers Carb smart and Diet A&W Root Beer float I had yesterday. Although these items had a net carb count of between 3 and 5 grams each, I'm staying away from them! I didn't have ANY of those items during the first 2 weeks!

Okay...I'm done venting
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/182/135

Height: 5'4"

dont be discouraged! i lost 6lbs in my first week, and then its been about a lb or 2 a week since then... but good for you for giving up those other things. I had to do that, I was eating the bars, and i think it stalled me.
LoveRyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatklr View Post
That includes the Atkins cookie dough bar that I ate on Saturday. Or the Atkins strawberry shake that I had yesterday. Also includes the Breyers Carb smart and Diet A&W Root Beer float I had yesterday. Although these items had a net carb count of between 3 and 5 grams each, I'm staying away from them! I didn't have ANY of those items during the first 2 weeks!
This explains those things very well:
http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 10-25-2010 at 12:54 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

17 in 3 weeks is awesome! Don't worry, I bet you see a big loss next week.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #5  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

ur doing really well! seems like u have a high metabolism and low resistance to weight loss.
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #6  
Ms. Fat Smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Thus explains those things very well:
http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

Thanks for that link, JerseyGyrl! I know now that those Atkins Bars will definitely stall my weight loss! The one that I ate had 29g carbs, but I fell into the whole "net carbs only count" saying...not realizing that your body will react to sugar alcohols the same way it reacts to regular sugar! They are going in the trash as soon as I get home! I am going to keep my shakes though. They only have 5g of carbs each, they're yummy and they are a good meal replacement if I don't have time to cook or prepare in advance!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #7  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I always suspected they were the reason I didn't lose on OWL.

Try cutting them out completely and see how your loss goes, it may be the thing that's stalling you
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #8  
Ms. Fat Smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
I always suspected they were the reason I didn't lose on OWL.

Try cutting them out completely and see how your loss goes, it may be the thing that's stalling you
Oh believe me - I told my roommate to take those bad Atkins bars to work and pass them out! I had an Atkins shake for breakfast this morning after my morning workout on the elliptical, so I will see if the shakes stall my weight loss this week.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #9  
Ms. Fat Smasher

Today I weighed in...6 pounds lost! I was worried because although I have been eating under 20 carbs everyday, my keto sticks have registered negative a couple days last week. I'm soooo glad I am showing some weight loss on the scale!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/182/135

Height: 5'4"

way to go!!!!
LoveRyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

You're having AWESOME results! Do you mind posting what you typically eat in one day? I cut out most artificial sweetener (used VERY rarely, I don't even drink Crystal Light or diet Pepsi anymore) but I don't eat enough veggies. I mostly eat eggs, cheese and meat. I actually think I'm going to go make some squash for a snack in a few...I need more vegetables.

I usually see between a 2-4 pound loss every week, but this week I'm going to exercise every day and drink lots of water so I'm hoping for a dramatic loss.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #12  
Ms. Fat Smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsy View Post
You're having AWESOME results! Do you mind posting what you typically eat in one day? I cut out most artificial sweetener (used VERY rarely, I don't even drink Crystal Light or diet Pepsi anymore) but I don't eat enough veggies. I mostly eat eggs, cheese and meat. I actually think I'm going to go make some squash for a snack in a few...I need more vegetables.

I usually see between a 2-4 pound loss every week, but this week I'm going to exercise every day and drink lots of water so I'm hoping for a dramatic loss.
Thank you, Linsy....I just hope to keep it up! My typical daily meal is as follows:
BREAKFAST- 2 eggs and sausage, ham or bacon
SNACK- pork rinds, a pickle or string cheese
LUNCH- 2 baked chicken thighs & string beans
DINNER- 2 pork chops and greek salad

I try and eat 3 cups of veggies a day. Occasionally I drink Pepsi One w/Splenda (counting each can as one carb of course)...when I get a sweet tooth. I drink about 3L of water every day, and I do cardio workouts for 30 minutes 5 days a week. I have tried lots of different low carb recipes on here...some I liked, some...not so much, but since I love to cook I don't mind trying them at least once. If you're losing 2 to 4 pounds per week, that's great! I barely lost anything last week, but I don't let it get me down...I just monitor more closely what I eat the following week. Good luck with your weight loss and let me know if you have any other questions!