South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 10:04 AM   #1  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Default On Plan Thread - Week of Oct. 25

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #2  
beachin'

lamay - almond butter is just like peanut butter and can be used in phase 1 as long as it doesn't include sweeteners. I'm not a fan of the texture of my homemade almond butter (hopefully a vitamix will remedy that), so I usually just get the almond butter from the grinder at my supermarket.

--
1: smoothie (chocolate protein powder, frozen cherries, spinach)
2: either a leftover lasagna stuffed pepper or a salad with hummus instead of dressing
3:half banana w/ almond butter (1 tsp)
4: black beans w/ habanero chicken sausage, dressed with salsa and a bit of avocado, probably over shredded cabbage instead of rice
Old 10-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #3  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good morning On Planners! I'm up and ready to continue my zest for a healthier me. Hope you all are too.

Today I have been on phase one for the two weeks however I plan to stay right where I am for a few more days at least. I'm just very nervous about taking the next step and want to be sure I can handle it before I do. This is where I went wrong a few years ago when I was on the beach and I'm very determined to get it right this time.

Right now I'm finding it easier to post what I ate yesterday (phase one) rather than what I intend to today. This way, it is a very accurate account so here it is:

B - 2 eggs, 1 turkey bacon, V8, cup decaf coffee w/sf creamer, ˝ glass of ff milk.
S - Sf fruit bar (I assume this is alright on phase one since sf popsicles are?).
L - 2 cups grn beans w/2 tsp salsa and some deli chicken (wasn't very good but it was all I could think of at the time and was determined to stay op).
S - ps string cheese.
D - 2/3 cup pinto beans, large zucchini, cabbage, tomato slaw w/2 tbls mayo.
Desert - ˝ cup ff cottage cheese, sf lemon jello, splenda.

Zef - Thanks. I am going grocery shopping with my new list (never needed one before - grin) and will look for it.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/274/180

Height: 5'6

B- veggie burger w/fresh salsa
S- 12 almonds
L- lentil & veggie stew w/salsa and piece of cheddar cheese
S- celery & pepper stribs w/spicy hummus
D- grilled tilapia & romaine salad w/balsamic vinagrette
s- sugar free popsicle & hot tea w/stevia & milk.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/144/145

B-steel cut oats with bluberries and strawberries
L-broccoli with tofu dip, roasted garbanzo beans, spring mix with balsamic dressing
D-taco meatballs, sweet potato, salsa
S-flatout with mozzerella and salsa
Old 10-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamay View Post
Good morning On Planners! I'm up and ready to continue my zest for a healthier me. Hope you all are too.

B - 2 eggs, 1 turkey bacon, V8, cup decaf coffee w/sf creamer, ˝ glass of ff milk.
S - Sf fruit bar (I assume this is alright on phase one since sf popsicles are?).
L - 2 cups grn beans w/2 tsp salsa and some deli chicken (wasn't very good but it was all I could think of at the time and was determined to stay op).
S - ps string cheese.
D - 2/3 cup pinto beans, large zucchini, cabbage, tomato slaw w/2 tbls mayo.
Desert - ˝ cup ff cottage cheese, sf lemon jello, splenda.

Zef - Thanks. I am going grocery shopping with my new list (never needed one before - grin) and will look for it.
Lamay if that SF Fruit bar has any real fruit in it its not acceptable for phase1... check out the ingredient list on the package, and if in doubt post the ingredients and we can help.

Last edited by RiverGirl; 10-25-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Phase 1.5 (after a planned bad weekend)

B: Cinnamon omelet, V8
L: Greek yogurt, veggies, hummus
S: Taco bake with a little RF sour cream, homemade butternut squash soup
Old 10-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Ph2

1. Yogurt w/clite, ham roll ups w/ cucumber & a glass of skim milk
2. Veggie "Nachos" (orange bell peppers cut up and topped with seasoned ground beef & cheese, heated til warm & topped with salsa)
3. Homemade meatballs in sf tomato sauce w/ green beans and a side salad & a glass of skim milk
4. Cheese string
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Phase 2 but I had a Phase 1 day

Beans (3 servings)
Water
Nuts (2 servings)

I feel great and I'm proud of myself for sticking with SBD for nearly two months now!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

first day phase one fer reals (yesterday)

B:frittata w/ham,zucchini, tomatoes & lo-fat feta (2 eggs+soy cream)
s:lo-fat latté
L:lentil soup w/turkey wiener
s:lo-fat latté
d:sbd shepard's pie
d*:vanilla pudding (the stove top makin' kind..used lo-fat milk&splenda...still not sure about the starch in pudding mix!!)
Old 10-26-2010, 03:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

you go foodobsessed!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #12  
beachin'

ugh. this past saturday, ds2 threw up before breakfast twice. we thought it was just him having taken his vitamins on an empty stomach and he seemed fine after he ate. later in the day, we were at target and he threw up again. seemed ok afterward though and nothing else really happened. the next day, he was fine and no more vomit. cue last night, i'm washing dishes and this intense nausea washes over me. i'm terrified of vomiting, so i put it in the back of my mind. it reared its ugly head again about 3 am. stomach flu? who knows. i feel ok this morning, though...not like i want to go out and run a marathon, but ok enough to not call a sitter for the day (but that sounds so nice!).

off to scrounge for something easy on my tummy.

-

1: ended up blending some strawberries and peaches with almond milk, it sat well.
2: slept right through lunch
3: starting to feel better, maybe i should scrounge for a snack - cheesestick or pear maybe
4: dinner out

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-26-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #13  
beachin'

Janda - you're right about the pudding. it's a no-no in phase 1. stick with sf jello instead
Old 10-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 247/237/170

Height: 5 '10

Hi,
First day of Phase 2. I didn't know about Phase 1.5. What's the basis for that? I'm just wondering. It's adding in one extra food at a time, right?
Anyway, here's my menu this week:

B: Egg whites/spinach/slice of mozzarella or a little goat cheese & 2 pieces turkey bacon
L:3 bean salad with onion/red,yellow & green peppers/cilantro
S: broccoli and a little hummus
D:Quinoa and red lentil stew

The only changes from Phase 1 so far are the quinoa and there are carrots in that stew as well. I haven't managed to make egg whites and spinach very appetizing -hmm.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #15  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Checking in from my "vacation" visiting family. Mostly it has gone surprisingly well, tho my mother thinks I am on some insane diet since I ordered grilled salmon with romaine lettuce salad at a restaurant that mostly served Mexican food and sandwiches

Was at a friend's house Sunday night. HAD to eat dessert, sorry OK I didn't HAVE to, but it was placed in front of me while the hostess was saying how hard she had worked on it, etc. etc. Oh well, I ate it. And some other off-plan stuff. And boy did I feel snacky later. Ick.

Phase 2
Yesterday:
B- coffee with 2% milk
L - (so early it was kind of my breakfast time)@ an Asian restaurant - green papaya salad with shrimp, side order of grilled tofu, daikon pickles, unsweetened iced tea
S - 1 slice Ezekiel bread with peanut butter
S - ff cottage cheese with blueberries and cantaloupe
D - taco salad, 1 serving Beanitos (finally found them!), side of steamed carrots/snap peas/broccoli
dessert - Greek yogurt with some walnuts & almonds. Oh and a tiny piece of dark chocolate w/ chili pepper... mmmmm....

Today's plan:
B - coffee with 2% milk. ff cottage cheese with blueberries and cantaloupe
L- 1 slice Ezekiel bread with egg salad (1 hard-boiled egg, cut up and mixed with Dijon mustard. Yum! I hadn't tried that before, but there is no mayo in the house, just icky hfcs-containing Miracle Whip-type stuff), dill pickle spear, V-8 juice
S - hummus with orange pepper strips, broccoli florets and baby carrots
S2 - tomato & mozzarella salad
Walking, then yoga class
D - some very interesting Taiwanese "veggie strips" stirfried with little green eggplants, yellow squash, red peppers and garlic (working with what I have found in the fridge/pantry!). With soba noodles, or maybe not.
dessert - Greek yogurt with some walnuts & almonds
Closed Thread