Old 10-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #1  

Default I need help with Ideal Protein

I have been on Ideal Protein for 3 weeks. I am having great results . . . BUT, because it is sweetened with Sucralose/Splenda, I am having headaches and stomach aches. I understand that in Canada, the products have Stevia in them and not Splenda. The company cannot mail me product to the U. S. I have asked them. I wished the company made the product with no sweetner added--that way people could add their own Stevia or Splenda, whatever they preferred. So, the reason this is so hard now is because I have to have the eggs every morning and the soup every night. There are bars without Splenda is them, so I can have them. I have been eating eggs and soup every day now for 11 days and it is getting so hard. I contacted the FDA and they said a friend could buy Ideal Protein for me in Canada and send it to me--it just can't be by the company. It has to be private party to private party for personal use.
I hope I can figure this out or I will have to quit. If you live in the US and you tolerate Splenda. You are set.
AllisonBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Alison, I am moving your post to the Ideal Protein Forum where you will get more help.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonBR View Post
I have been on Ideal Protein for 3 weeks. I am having great results . . . BUT, because it is sweetened with Sucralose/Splenda, I am having headaches and stomach aches. I understand that in Canada, the products have Stevia in them and not Splenda. The company cannot mail me product to the U. S. I have asked them. I wished the company made the product with no sweetner added--that way people could add their own Stevia or Splenda, whatever they preferred. So, the reason this is so hard now is because I have to have the eggs every morning and the soup every night. There are bars without Splenda is them, so I can have them. I have been eating eggs and soup every day now for 11 days and it is getting so hard. I contacted the FDA and they said a friend could buy Ideal Protein for me in Canada and send it to me--it just can't be by the company. It has to be private party to private party for personal use.
I hope I can figure this out or I will have to quit. If you live in the US and you tolerate Splenda. You are set.
Sorry sweetheart, the Canadian products have sucralose and acesulfame potassium. Sucralose is in almost every packet -- only the omelet and the 3 soups are sucralose/splenda free. None of the packages I've seen have stevia in them.

One of the 3fc members who posts regularly in the Ideal Protein Forum, CoastalCrafter, has strong reactions to sucralose. She's following Ideal Protein principles with whey powder she's purchased from a retail store. There are whey isolate products sweetened with stevia at health food stores, and body building shops like GNC.

Good luck!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-27-2010 at 12:21 AM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #4  

Default Thanks to I'm Svelting

Thank you for your reply. I did not know that Canadian products have sucralose in them. It looks like I found a friend who could send me some Canadian product, but from what you say, that is not going to help. Today was my 3rd weigh in and I have lost 12.8 lbs., half of what I want to lose. I guess if I want to keep going, I'll just have to have scrambled eggs, a bar and soup as my 3 Ideal Protein foods for the day.

I am going to call Ideal Protein and talk to them as well.
THANKS AGAIN!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #5  

Default Thanks to I'm svelting #2

From what I know you cannot buy products with Stevia in them in the US. You can buy Stevia, but it is not in products, it is just Stevia separate and by itself. I will call GNC and see if it is possible to buy products from them with Stevia as an ingredient in the US. Also, am I doing this correctly? I have never been a member of a community board and I have never posted before, so I don't know if you are able to read my responses back to you. You are doing great! Keep it up.
Thanks,
AllisonBR
Old 10-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

AllisonBR go the the designer whey website and search for the ones that are all natural - they contain stevia not sucralose. There is also a brand called jay robb but it is expensive. I do most of my searching at amazon.

Hope this helps.

Christine
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
AllisonBR go the the designer whey website and search for the ones that are all natural - they contain stevia not sucralose. There is also a brand called jay robb but it is expensive. I do most of my searching at amazon.

Hope this helps.

Christine
Jay Robb is good! and there are different flavors too.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote