Old 10-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Default It feels good to wear clothes that fit!

I've lost a little over 90 pounds and since then I've only bought one new pair of pants and one new top to wear when I go out. I do have a couple older, nice tops and pair of knit pants I can wear in public without looking too horribly baggy, also. Anyway, around the house I've been wearing the same clothes I wore 90 pounds ago, size 4-5X's. I was jogging on the treadmill yesterday and my sweats actually fell down to my knees! Lmao! And the tops fall off one of my shoulders. I just feel sloppy and not like I've really lost a good chunk of weight when I wear these clothes. So, I was going thru my closet to find something, anything, to wear around the house and came across a knit pair of cropped pants and top my mom had accidentally left here while visiting...size extra large in pants and 1X in top...pants are snug but stretchy and feel good. I can't tell you how much better I feel wearing them! I actually feel skinny...although I'm not. ;-)
So, I'm going to break down and go to some place like Walmart tomorrow and buy me some cheap, comfy clothes that fit, so I won't feel like a slob around the house anymore. It's amazing what wearing clothes that fit can do to your mood. :-)
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations! It's a great feeling.
I remember my lightbulb moment when I discovered that just wearing increasingly baggy clothes didn't make my weightloss evident, it just made ME look baggy! Thank goodness for the supermarkets! And for the charity shops, where they're starting to know my face!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Great job on the loss! I know it sucks to spend money on clothes you don't plan to fit in for very long, but I know for me that the confidence gained from being in new sizes makes a huge difference in motivation. I try and get myself some new things in each size just for that. We are broke, so I get stuff at goodwill and clearance stuff at target or marshals or tj maxx. I spend less than $7/item normally and can get quite a few new things for not much at all. You have worked really hard and deserve to look great!
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #4  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I know just how you feel...It's the same with me. I have been looking at jeans and things on ebay all weekend. But I hate paying for them and the shipping cost knowing they too will be too large before long. I went to Cato, Kmart and Walmart and bought some size 18 pants a month ago. And they are getting big now too. Don't get me wrong now...this is a happy problem. I really wouldn't call it a problemAnyway, I'm thinking about checking with a friend who works at weight watchers and see if there are any clothes swap meetings.
You are doing great with your weight loss!

goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

It really is a glorious feeling. I've bought a couple things to tide me over until I'm more certain of where I'm headed goal weight-wise and they get worn every other day. It's definitely no fun wearing clothes that are too big - can turn a "thin" day into a "fat" day really quickly.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #6  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on your loss! You won't believe the difference some well fitting clothes will make.

Happy shopping.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:46 AM   #7  
committed

S/C/G: 299/147/120

Amen! I posted recently that I had lost about 50 pounds since January of this year (down about 85 from my top weight) and no one had noticed. I've been wearing the same baggy clothes. I finally broke down and bought a few new clothes last week since I had a wedding to go to this weekend, and I've gotten comments left and right! I don't want to wear my old clothes anymore either.

For the record, I think a well-fitting bra is the most important thing to buy.
piper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

It's strange how shirts I bought about 20 pounds ago made me look great and now those same shirts make me look sloppy. I'm guilty of wearing clothes a size too big, but 4-5 sizes to big? Sheesh! Hit the thrift store, lady.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #9  
Leave shame behind

Height: 5'10"

If you don't mind secondhand clothes, I definitely recommend a trip to the thrift store! I'd bet you can find some great stuff in your size now, very inexpensively (is that a word?). Congratulations on your loss so far!
Kismet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #10  

Thanks, y'all. Hey, we do have a goodwill in town and I think I saw a consignment shop...I'll stop by those first. Lol, ya when clothes start to literally fall off the body, time for some that fit! It'll be good to not feel sloppy and slobbish.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #11  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

wooohoo! Amazing what it can do for a girl! I always was a fan (fat/thin/inbetween) of having well-fitting clothes, nicely styled hair and make up! I hate feeling sloppy, I feel it gives us fat girls a bad reputation!

Another fun bonus on the way down was unpacking rubbermaid containers of clothes that were packed away for "someday" which never came LOL it's like going shopping in your basement! Score!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

It's an awesome feeling, isn't it?

I've gone through almost everything left in my "skinny" box and had to break down and buy some smaller sizes. I found some cute khakis on clearance for $5/pair online a pair of jeans for $12 to get me through. I think I ended up getting 4 pairs of pants/jeans in my current size and 1 pair of pants in 1 size down and spent $32. Not bad.

I'm just soldiering through with my too-big sweaters, though. I feel like wearing a sweater in a too big size doesn't make me look as dumpy as pants that are too big. I'm probably deluding myself, though.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #13  

Hey, guess what? With the new tops on, I have a waistl! When the heck did i get a waist?! Lol
Yep, I don't feel sloppy anymore. Only paid $7 a piece for a sweatshirt, couple long sleeve teeshirts, a knit pant and a pair of sweatpants. Cool. I walked into our goodwill but it looked so disorganized, I walked right back out. Got these clothes from WallyWorld. Cheap-cheap!