Old 01-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Recipes for Medifast Users

Let's post our MF recipes here. Please be sure quantities are accurate and list number of servings if it's for more than one.

As I spot recipes in our chatty thread, I'll paste them in here, giving credit to the author, of course. Of course, it'd be helpful if you posted them directly in this sticky.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

WENDY LIKE ICE CREAM

1 pkg of MF Pudding, any flavor
1/2 cup water
1 cup of ice cubes (small cubes work better)
1/2 oz of FF cream cheese

Mix the pudding and water together. Put all the ingredients in blender and blend it for 1-2 min... Tada!!! You have soft serve ice cream!!!

Enjoy!

This count as 1 MF meal + 1 condiment

Florence
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #3  

Talking Amazing Biscuits!

I found the recipe on mymedifast website and biscuit is the thing that i have been craving... so i gave this recipe a try and OMG!!! It was delicious!!! I was hoping for a sugary kind of treat, but this one is salty... Nevertheless it was Great!!! I will definitely do more It hits that salty bread need!

MF DILLY BISCUITS

2 MF Cream Of Chicken pkts
2 MF Eggs pkts
2T ground flax seed (I didn't have it so I used olive oil)
10 T water
1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried dill weed (I didn't have it so I used oregano)
couple grinds of fresh ground black pepper

Warm oven at 375 F. Put in sprayed muffin tin-regular size not mini. Bake 15 mins until just brown and spring back when pressed.

2 biscuits=1 MF meal
Total yield 8 muffins/4 MF meals

Delicious!!!

Come on people, put the recipes that you are using and that tastes good!!! We are here for support
Old 01-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #4  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

The only recipe I made up was the chicken and hot sauce. Everything else is stolen from the MF site....

"KFC" Chicken

Pulse one packet of crackers in the food process until fine (or a rolling pin over the packet would work too). Toast cracker crumbs lightly in 350 degree oven. Take crumbs out of oven and season to taste (garlic powder, salt, pepper). Dip chicken VERY lightly into Walden FF dressing of your choice, shake off excess. Press chicken into bread crumb mixture. Bake or broil as usual.

I'm gonna make this for a kicking snack! MMMMMMMM

Crepes
1 package Vanilla shake
1 package MF eggs
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 packet Splenda

Add water to get a thin pancake batter consistency.

Heat a small non stick skillet with Pam (8 inch?). Pour in enough batter to coat bottom of the pan. Cook over medium heat until set. Then turn (I use a silicon spatula) and cook the other side for a minute. You may need to experiment with cooking temp/time. They cook fast - so be ready to flip them as soon as they set and take them up quickly after flipping.

Just made some and added a couple of cinnamon danish drops from capella in the batter and then drizzled them with the Walden Farms pancake syrup!!!!

Haven't tried this one yet...
Vanilla Cookies
2 packets of MF vanilla shake (or shake of your choice)
1 packet of splenda
1 tsp of baking powder (more than most, but really helps "puff" them up)
1 - 2 tsp vanilla extract
2 - 4 ounces of water

Mix dry ingredients with a wisk, then add the water slowly. Don't pour in all the water at once, add it slowly at first and then add more as needed. You want to get a "dough" that is the consistency of paste.

Spoon the cookies by tablespoonful onto parchment paper covered baking sheet (or spray baking sheet with cooking spray). You should get about 4 good size cookies or 6 medium size cookies.

Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. I don't turn mine over or anything. For an extra kick you can sprinkle the tops with splenda and cinnamon for a "snickerdoodle" effect.
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #5  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

I feel kind of silly posting this in the recipes area because it's not really a recipe...just something I did to spice up my MF cream of tomato soup. I had read so many negative reviews of the COT that I was almost afraid to try it so what I did was add 2 Tbsp. of salsa right after I cooked it and topped it with shredded lettuce. It gave it kind of a mexican flavor and I thought it was OK. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by Andiemom; 01-09-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Andiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

There are some recipes at http://www.medifast-recipes.com/. Let us know if you try any of them.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #7  

This recipe is wonderful if you are craving bread!

GRILLED CHEESE/sourdough Sandwich

cream of chicken soup
1/4 ts of baking powder
1 egg white**
1oz low fat mozzarella cheese or 1 Light Laughing Cow cheese**

Microwaved it in a glass bowl (pyrex or corningware) for 90 seconds. Then let it cool, sliced in half and put in toaster. Melt 1 oz of low fat mozzarella cheese or spread the light laughing cow cheese and put it in.... Voila! I am a happy happy MFer!!

1 Delicious MF meal

**Remember to deduct from part of your protein for L&G
Old 01-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #8  

Talking Banana Bread Bars

Bread Bars

This is my current favorite portable recipe. It makes 6 bread bars that taste great from freezer to microwave (or just thawed at your desk at work).

3 MF Oatmeals (I used the Maple)
2 MF Puddings (I used Banana)
1 MF Eggs
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp flax meal (optional)
¼ cup water
¼ cup Sugar Free caramel syrup (optional, water will do fine)
Water
Splenda (optional)
¼ cup almonds (optional)

Grind flax meal with coffee grinder (optional) and put in bowl. Grind oatmeal and add to flax meal, pudding, and eggs. Add baking power and mix well. Add liquids to make a very thick batter and sweeten to taste with Splenda. Prep 8/12 by 4/1/2 by 2 ½ bread loaf pan with Pam. Pour batter in and tap pan until batter is level.

Grind nuts and press into top of loaf with spoon deep enough so they won’t fall out. I have tried pecan, pistachio, walnuts, and almonds with success.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. The bread with be dense/moist due to the pudding. Flip onto cookie sheet and cool for 15 mins. Divide into 6 bread bars and space out on sheet. Place cookie sheet in freezer for ½ hour and then take out and put bars into snake size bags and put back into freezer. Warning, if you put directly into bags without cooling first, you will get frost covered bars

On your way out to work, just grab a few for breakfast or other meals
Old 02-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #9  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Default MF Cream of Broc Quiche Cups

MF Broccoli Quiche Cups by momtolissa

1 pkt MF Cream Of Broccoli Soup
1/4 c. egg substitute or egg whites
1/2 c broccoli, steamed tender (I used leftover from dinner the night before)
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
salt and pepper to taste (I didn’t use any spices but I suppose you could add s/p, chives or parsley and more to give more flavor)

Place egg in mixing bowl. Add COB soup pkt and Baking Powder (also add optional spices at this time). Beat well.

Spray nonstick muffin tin lightly with PAM. Separate 1/2 c of steamed broccoli equally into 3 muffin cups. Divide batter by pouring mixture over the broccoli equally among the 3 cups. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

I also sprinkled a bit of Molly McCheese on top of each cup before baking (about 1 tsp). I suppose you could put it IN the batter. I think I could have done without it.

Makes 1 MF meal, 1 cooked veggie serving, small part of your Lean

My notes: I doubled the recipe to make 6 quiches (2 MF meals of 3 quiches each) & added a couple of drops of Frank's Hot Sauce to the egg mixture before baking. Good warm or cold.
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/198/140

Height: 5'7"

Ok here is one I made up today for the chili and I actually like it.

I bought several of those ziplock seal and steam bags and put 1/2 cup of white mushrooms, 1 tsp of olive oil and creol seasoning)... cooked that about 2 mins. Then cooked the chili as per directions... after 2.5 mins added 2 TBSP mild salsa and the mushroom, stirred it in and microwaved it another minute. Actually tastes real good and filling.

Any other ideas for the chili??
amazingplatinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #11  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8!

S/C/G: 275/255/150

Talking Yummy CANDY!

I just thought I would say thank you for all the recipes! The salsa and lettuce w/ the COT really helped and I love the "Grilled Cheese". The longer I'm on MF the more creative/adventuring I've become. 4 wks and 20 lbs down!!

I know lots of the food is sweet, but if you want the taste of eating candy I love the following recipe!

SINFUL DESSERT!
1 Hot Cocoa packet
3 Tbsp Walden Farms Pancake Syrup

Mix the two ingredients, until you have a smooth consistency. Plop little spoonfuls on to parchment/wax paper and stick in freezer for about an hr. It should make about 6-7. They truly are decadent. I usually mix up some MF vanilla pudding and will have 1/2 the pudding with 3 of the chocolates. It feels like I'm cheating!

Counts as 1 MF meal
w/ MF pudding 2 MF meals
~~~~~~~

“If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
PRISCIAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies

I was REALLY missing my brownies...if you read my blog you'll know that they are my favorite thing in the world! I searched for a brownie recipe out there but didn't find anything that really tasted much like a brownie. So, I made one up on my own.

Brownies:
1 MF Chocolate Pudding
1 MF Oatmeal (I think Maple & Brown sugar works the best because there aren't any fruit chunks, but I've done apple and that tastes pretty good too!)
1 Splenda packet
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4-1/3 cup water

Topping:
1 Tbsp of low-fat cream cheese
Splenda packet
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Mix the brownies like you would muffins and put in muffin tins, or in a baking pan as you would normal brownies. Top each brownie with 1/4 of the topping mixture. (Yield: 4 brownies; 2 MF Meals; about 1 1/2 - 2 condiments per serving.)

Operator265 used SF raspberry syrup in place of 1/2 of the water. I haven't tried that, but yum!!! It sure sounds delicious! I haven't done the math, but I think if you use this, it probably will add another condiment to your total.

Let me know how you like it!
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #13  
Skinny Inside

Spicy Oriental Chicken Soup

1 packet MF Chicken Fast Soup
6 oz. hot water
1/8 tsp. Spicy salt-free seasoning blend (check it's sugar free)
1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 small chili pepper

OK, this is a modification to an existing MF recipe, but I found the MF Chicken fast soup a little bland. You need to chop the chili pepper up into tiny pieces - the smaller, the better - WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER HANDLING THE CHILI!

Leave the soup for 5 mins to allows the chili pepper to mix properly. Hope you like it - reminds me of backpacking days in Thailand!

yogajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #14  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

Basic Shake Cake

1 packet Shake Mix
1/2 tsp Baking Powder (aluminum free is best)
1 TB egg beaters
1 oz cold water
optional/to taste: 1 tsp vanilla extract or any sugar free syrup
optional/to taste: 1 packet splenda (i use stevia)

Mix ingredients in a bowl. It will be a thick batter. smooth it out flat to cover the bottom of the bowl. The bottom of the bowl will be the size of your cake. it comes out more like a thick pancake. I microwave mine for 1 minute but I have a wimpy microwave. You can play with the ingredient amounts until you get a consistency you like. Some recipes have more egg beaters, up to 2 to 3 tbsp, I just use more water to save on the lean and stay OP.

For the "cinnabon" version add
1tbsp ICBINB
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Definitely makes for a nice change from shakes all the time. Banana shakes made for a really nice cake.

Last edited by MsFB; 01-15-2009 at 12:14 AM.
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #15  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

from another board:

This is the only recipe I have used. I hated the cream of tomato soup so I found this recipe
Sundried Tomato Bread.
one pack of Cream of Tomato soup
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/3 cup of egg beaters southwestern flavor
tiny bit of salt and pepper

mix well in a glass bowl, then microwave about 1.5-2 minutes (you have to watch it, but you can take it out and look at it and make sure there are no soupy parts). DO not spray the bowl with PAM, it does not stick. Take it out, let it cool, cut in half with a bread knife. You can spray with a little I can't believe it is butter, or put just a thin slice laughing cow cheese, or a veggie burger in it and eat as a sandwich.
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote