WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 10-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default Changing a day: 24 hours vrs breakfast to dinner...

I'm curious..... we get a points allotment for the day. Generally I start counting at breakfast and end with a pre-bed time snack...

Supper is my biggest meal... If a day is 24 hours, couldn't I start counting at supper and go to supper the next day, like, say, 6 pm to 6 pm?

Has anyone tried this? I'm not always able to plan every bite I take, and I think that by starting with supper and then divvying up everything else for breakfast and lunch would be easier.

Currently I am doing ok, but I find myself hoarding my points so that I can eat what I want at supper....

....also, as an aside, if I want to change the day I weigh in, like going from Wednesday to Sunday, is there a 'special' way to do it? Do I weigh in this Sunday, ( tomorrow) or do I wait until next Sunday? I just realized that Sunday is way better for my schedule...
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

I know many people that have counted their points starting in the evening like you are saying. It's whatever works for you. I do too tend to hoard my points for dinner because I really enjoy my dinner but since now I have an allotment of only 20 a day + the 35 weekly on the days I can only do 20 it seems to work better for me if I equally alllot 5-7 points for each meal otherwise I starv during the day.

I have changed my weekly start day a number of times. I now start on Sundays vs Mondays. Starting on Mondays always seemed to set me up for failure. Starting on Fridays is also really good that way you can indulge a little more on the weekends. I always have found when I changed my days, I try to not use any of my extra points right away.
SweetyKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the reply. I've had success years ago with ww, but I now I have 50 lbs to lose ( to get down to 150 ), so I want to have as much knowledge as I can...
One of the best things about ww is that there is so much flexibility to it... it's just that I get something in my head and sometimes changing it seems like I'm 'breaking the rules...
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/146/145

Height: 5'6"

I work 12 hour night shifts. I track from midnight to midnight and so far I have been successful with loosing weight. I think just as long as you are consistant it should work. Good luck!!
shellerooskie is offline   Reply With Quote