South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday Chat and TGIF!

It's cold but the full moon is just gorgeous. It was so bright this morning, I thought they'd installed a new street light until I looked out.

I did spend some time quilting yesterday and just love my new machine and its fancy stitches. It's an Elna 7200 and even sews letters. I'm having lots of fun with it. I still haven't dealt with all the apples in my kitchen - maybe today.

I hate to admit it but my houseplants are still out on the porch. I am a bad plant mother! I'll rescue them this morning and see if they have survived last night's freezing temperatures. Too bad I didn't smarten up earlier as I have a couple of orchids that are probably compost now.

Time for another coffee and a smoothie with mango chunks, my new favourite fruit.

Happy Friday!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm pouring us all a cup of nice, hot coffee. How do you take yours?

Ruth, I dried a big batch of Honey Crisp apples a few weeks ago, and they're just fabulous! I really should do up another batch while they're still in season. I'm glad you're having fun with your new sewing machine. Does your new dishwasher come today?

I promised my mother to take her to shop for a new cell phone this morning. That should be fun, as she still can't figure out all the features on her old one. But she needs to replace the battery and is eligible for a free upgrade, so it's better to get a new one. I'll just let the rest of the day unfold as it will.

I should have brought in my African violets from the sunporch last night, and I'd better check to see if they survived last night's temperatures.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The DW was originally scheduled for today but I called and changed the order from a black front to a white one. The delivery is now scheduled for NEXT Friday. Donna's Ted says he'll install it for me which is a mixed blessing. He's slow and talks and talks, mainly gloom and doom.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:54 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Ruth, Is it bad that I take comfort in knowing I'm not the only bad plant mother around? I hope most of your plants survived. Your new sewing machine looks great! What a lot of great features. Happy sewing!

Speaking of great features - good luck with the cell phone shopping Cottage. My mom just got a Jitterbug in September, mainly because of the large screen and 24 hour operator (her vision isn't good). She's really happy with it and uses it. As opposed to the old phone that she rarely even turned on. It may be a family thing - I only know how to use about half the features on my own phone.

Not much going on here today. I'm not sure if we'll be able to get the kids outside at noon recess - always lovely to have inside recess on a Friday afternoon - but other than that today looks to be an uneventful one. That's just the way I like them these days. LOL

Enjoy your Friday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-22-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Another week sped by. I am hoping the rain holds off long enough to bike later today. First I have my weekly workout with my mom. And another trip to the grocery store. Not sure what else but nothing exciting. Lots of social eating coming this weekend.

Off to get a cup of tea. Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm cleaning my big bookcase and sticking with general chores this morning. I may zip to Denver a little later on. I just wish this cleaning were done so I could focus on something else. I need to plan some time for work starting Monday , so the time is ticking down.

I need to sit down and plan our meals for the day. We have lots of fish from Alaska in this freezer so I'm taking advantage of it.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Remember me??? I still lurk around here. Y'all are the best support, even if you don't know it. We are doing a modified Atkins at my house -- Kind of SBD Ph.1 without beans. Tuesday will be 3 months! Hubby has lost 35 pounds; I've lost 13. Oh, well... Hey, I'm lower than my ticker says!

Next Thursday, I'm having surgery -- a hysterectomy. I'm excited for the obvious reason, but I'm nervous, too. I keep telling myself it HAS to be easier recovery than the c-section. Hopefully, being off the birth control pill will help in my weigh loss endeavors, too.

Ruth, I think that you are a great plant mom for starting the plants in the first place! After Sparkit the Wonderdog dug up all my spring planting, I quit!

Cottage, My mom got a new cell phone. She hangs up on me at least 1/2 the time.

Heidi, Auston would rather play outside in his coat and cap than stay in the building.

Karen, Enjoy your weekend!

Lexxis, What kind of fish? When I think of Alaska, I think of salmon.

Hope you all have a great Friday!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Chelby! It's nice to see you here! I've been following you on Facebook and applaud you and your DH's progress! Darned men always lose weight faster and easier than women. It's not fair!!!!! Why aren't you eating beans? Just curious. I hope your hysterectomy goes well and will be keeping you in my prayers.

Debbie, your house must be spotless with all your cleaning! I have plenty for you to do here if you're interested. I hope you get through it fast so you'll have some time for more pleasurable activities!

Karen, have a great workout! Did your hubby get home OK?

Heidi, Mom called and cancelled out this morning. She decided to hold on to her phone a while longer, but I'm going to suggest a Jitterbug for her and Dad. Cindy's inlaws have them, and I think it's just perfect for Mom & Dad. I hope it's warm enough to let the little ones go outside for recess to burn off that excess energy! Can you imagine what next Friday's going to be like, with Halloween that weekend?

I just got back from Walmart and a quick stop at Kohl's. Now I think I'm in for the rest of the day, unless Jake gets home early and decides he wants to do something.
I'm going to have some Taco Bake for lunch, then curl up on the couch under my quilt and read all afternoon. Maybe a nap will happen, too.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #9  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Morning everyone!

Sounds like everyone's prepping for winter around here, and rescuing plants from outside. I guess that means its time that I trim back my roses for winter. This will be the first test of me as a plant mother. The new house has beautiful rose bushes, let's see if I can keep them alive through the winter!

So last night I went to see a movie, and all of us going decided to get Mexican food beforehand a place with next to no good options! So I got 2 chicken tacos and ate the chicken, tomatoes and lettuce from inside and then ate a side order of pinto beans. So overall, I was hungry after, but survived til I got home and could eat something that wasn't a bad idea!

I went into Old navy last night, they are having some amazing clearance sales right now. I got a sweater, 2 tank tops, 2 pairs of sandals, a pair of earrings and a bracelet for $21. Definetly, check out your local one if you like their stuff at all! There is a LOT on sale! I think they are also having a huge sale tomorrow on fleece stuff.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Wow, everyone's busy as a bee and I got nothing! Good afternoon everybody! I just wanted to check in and tell you all that I will be starting school on January 24! I will be taking 2 classes in Early childhood or special education for early childhood! There are more options with getting a certificate with special education included. Money from my check will be spent on these courses and on getting me to and from school so let's pray they don't lower my check further! Have a nice weekend all!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #11  
SouthBeacher Phase 2

S/C/G: 315/297.6/175

Height: 5'10"

Good morning...checking in too...Had a slight (okay, more than slight) de-rail this morning, but I immediately made up my mind to get right back on so here I am for support.

A co-worker of mine, who studied with Julia Childs (seriously) brought me in some roses and a kahlua brownie this morning to thank me for the good job that I do.

I haven't shared that I am making these changes yet, because I wanted to make sure that I could do it and didn't have egg on my face. You can bet on Monday that I will be voicing it loud and proud for all to know so they don't inadvertantly tempt me again.

Not his fault at all, but that poor brownie didn't have a chance. It was good, but man the headache....oy vey the headache. I went and ate some protein to help with that. Not good. Disappointed in myself. BUT, I am not letting it be my excuse for bad food choices the rest of today. I had a girlfriend surprise me, flew in from out of state and want to take me to dinner...the place she suggested is not safe for me...so I suggested somewhere that is. Yay me!

Chelby29...good luck on your umpcoming surgery. I had mine 5 years ago...the.best.decision.EVER!!! for me. There is a wonderful support forum for that as well called hystersisters...google it, there's lots of GREAT information there.

Have a great day ladies!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Whew! We're back from the whirlwind Denver trip. Mom went with. I got hungry and was determined to get home for my usual super salad. I did and it was worth it.

Linda, I'm not even close to being finished and it's not even close to being clean. I don't especially enjoy it, either. If I could ever get your way I would certainly help you....it would have to be more fun than this. lol

Okie, I'm glad to hear you'll be returning to school! Yay! Do you have a library nearby? I love looking through books that are health oriented when I have extra time.

ArcticStampQueen, great job hopping right back on plan and checking in here! Don't let thoughts of disappointment occupy your head for long...they can be very sabotaging and lead to off plan eating, too. Super-suggesting something better suited for a dinner choice. Enjoy!

Chelby Best wishes on your surgery. I'm glad that your household has found a plan that works for everyone since you were having such a hard time with that.

I've gotta get back to this bookcase. It has to be finished by 4 pm. I'm setting my own deadline....oh, here comes DH....that should slow things down.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I buy health magazines and Chicken soup for the soul weight loss books Debbie. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I like the chix soup books. I have the one for pet lovers. I got to thinking and I have pulled several books off my shelf for after dinner.(last night I had a hard time falling asleep) They are;
Living a Beautiful Life, by Alexandra Stoddard
Choose to be Healthy, by Susan Smith Jones and
Kitchen Table Wisdom, by Rachel Naomi Remen.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Cottage, Jeff thinks that Beans are a little carb-rich -- and I'm on Team Jeff. I do add them to soups and chilis. He will eat a few.

ArcticQueen, I'll check out the hystersisters. Thanks!
Closed Thread