Old 10-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #1  

Default What do you do when you're sick

I've picked up some sort of stomach bug. I'm a little wary of HNS when my system is so out of whack. Suggestions? I've stuck to cottage cheese and melba for the last couple days. I'm bummed because I was somewhat off program from vacation, looking forward to getting back into my routine and now this.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I would just get better and then back on track. Having a stomach bug and forcing yourself to drink the hns could cause you to dislike them for a long time. I got sick on salmon and had to have my gallbladder out, it took me about 3 years to eat it again and I loved salmon. Maybe the chicken broth hns would help, hope you feel better soon.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicmom24 View Post
I've picked up some sort of stomach bug. I'm a little wary of HNS when my system is so out of whack. Suggestions? I've stuck to cottage cheese and melba for the last couple days. I'm bummed because I was somewhat off program from vacation, looking forward to getting back into my routine and now this.
I have at times lived on cottage cheese parfaits. If you are keeping the cottage cheese down, give them a try. Jello HNS made per directions, put in blender with cottage cheese. Put in container to set. I usually use clear plastic disposable cups and cover with plastic wrap. I make an entire blender full at one time. I need to make some today.

I had surgery a few years ago and that was about all I could eat.

Look at the UP side. You'll probably come out the other side having lost a bit (or at least made up for vacation) and you'll have an easier time going back on program once you are feeling better.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote