20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #1  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default Team Storm Chat

Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Good luck everyone!!!

Here is your team…

Team STORM

armywife88
audri8301
carlyjordon2002
denice81
fatmac
Fit4Lyfe
GreenTeaYum
IslandVet
Janel83
JasonsLea
Jelbellesmommy
JessieCat
katy trail
katylil
Kismet89
LauraLovesWeims
leopardspots
mommy1028
Nessa411
nutrition junkie
precieuseamande
rainbowstripe
Rtsmme4life
smisen
stephandra
tinycities
Utahgirl1982
zanheltangia

Old 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #2  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Yay!! I have been compulsively checking this forum all morning to see when the teams would be posted. (Thank you KimL for doing this by the way!)

I'm so excited- we are going to kick butt!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #3  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

I will post challenges later tonight, so keep watching for new threads!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #4  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!

Welcome to the 20 Something BL challenge. I'm very excited to be participating in this challenge for the first time and to be acting as a team leader for our group. I'd like to get started by having everyone check in here or on the weigh-in thread by 10/24.

First, I think it would be fun to get to know a bit about each other and set some goals for the challenge. Please copy and paste the text below and add your info:

Most Recent NSV:
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:

Last edited by leopardspots; 10-20-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #5  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

Most Recent NSV: Fit into my size 10 jeans for the first time in 2 years!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'd like to reach 159 by the end of the challenge, which is 12 lbs.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Eating clean, not snacking at night, P90x. I am in my first week of my second round of P90X.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I am starting a new job soon and don't want to fall into bad habits, eat out too much, and slack on the exercise. I am not going to buy Halloween candy until the day of Halloween to avoid binging on kit kats.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am hoping for a puppy for Christmas!

Last edited by leopardspots; 10-20-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #6  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Most Recent NSV:I have been measuring every month and this last month, I lost 1 1/2" from my waist

Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: By mid-December, I hope to be around 185 (-20lbs)

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Good ol' calorie counting and exercise

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: The holidays- this is certainly going to be a difficult time of year. Halloween candy, Thanksgiving goodies, etc. My family likes to cook and bake- they know no moderation or 'healthy versions' of food.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:Charlie, my basset hound, is my biggest motivation to get exercise. He loves his walks and makes me feel oh so guilty when we don't go every night after work.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #7  
on my way...

S/C/G: 204.5/192.5/130

Height: 5'5'' (and a half!)

Most Recent NSV: Well...I just started yesterday, so I don't really have any victories yet!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I want to weigh 170 lbs (14 lb loss)

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Keeping a food journal with calorie counting and running

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Food selection here is pretty limited, so it's easy to submit to pre-packaged goodness. I also stay incredibly busy with my school life and tend to put my health on the back burner.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm finishing up my third year in vet school and the day after this challenge ends, I'll be flying home to the USA!!

Last edited by IslandVet; 10-24-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #8  
Leave shame behind

Height: 5'10"

Most Recent NSV: Not sure...I've gone down one size!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'm aiming for 290, 25 lb loss.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting and exercise at least 4x weekly.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Thanksgiving. That's a huge holiday with my family and I usually go way overboard. I'm cooking this year and plan to scale WAY back.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a wife and mother of two little boys.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Most Recent NSV: Realizing that my old pants are just too big to wear anymore, even with a belt.

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Ideally I will hit my initial goal of 170 pounds, a 19 pound loss.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie Counting & South Beach + as much exercise as I can find time for

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Not spending all of time at work!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a middle school teacher.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'11

Ahh I'm so excited to start this! Can't wait to get to know all you lovely ladies...Team Storm FTW!

Most Recent NSV:Staying on plan/not cheating my first week!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:Hoping to shed 15 lbs, be down to 195.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting, figuring out an exercise regimen, I'm still undecided on what I want to do. I've been walking this first week but I want to up that to something else, maybe running...

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Every evening is a challenge for me since I'm a chronic night time binger. But definitely the holidays...I just want to get through this whole challenge BINGE FREE!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am going on a first date to a concert Friday and I'm REALLLLY excited

Last edited by stephandra; 10-20-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 304.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'6

Most Recent NSV:joined a gym and actually go!!!!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: to be down 15 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:WW and working out
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:not falling off program during Thanksgiving
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: well I'm not exactly 20 something, but I wanted to be in the challege with my daughter...cant wait to get started!!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:07 PM   #12  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i'm so excited about this challenge finally starting. i was ready 2 weeks ago!

most recent nsv: fitting into size 12 capri pants. i don't care if they can't be worn outside anymore. i'll wear them inside! i can't go back to sweatpants.
i also sorted through my clothes. all the 'fat' clothes ended up in the trash or ready for good will.

weight loss goal for the challenge:10-15 (flexible)

battle plan: a mix of calorie counting and intuitive eating as healthy as possible on a budget. alot of cardio. strength training, mostly lower body.

challenges/temptations:
my real challenge/goal is to run or whatever it takes to lose inches of fat on my thighs. so that they are toned, and other people can see muscle that i KNOW is there.

i have a tendendency to be either totally motivated, go, go, go! or blah, i don't feel like exercising. Consistency in exercising will be very important. balance between weight loss and family, cleaning etc. will be very important. i always want to do all exercise, ignore the house, then it's so bad i have no time to excercise. so each day i have to do both.

my temptation. everyday is a temptation. everyday when i'm alone is a trigger time. avoiding binging is another challenge, although, i've been doing well. binge free since sept. 3rd.

anything else i would like to share:
i have an awesome dh. 3 kids. ds 9, ds 8, and dd 5. i'm currently a SAHM. during the challenge i'll be packing and getting everything ready to move. if everything goes well, we could be moving shortly after christimas. or if i get my wish, before lol. someone said they want a puppy for christmas. i was window shopping for cathe friedrich dvds and equipment, but now having a house with my own workout room (instead of my bedroom) is so much better!

also, i love learning/helping/talking about exercise, different food finds. feel free to pick my brain. i don't know much about vegan or low carb. still working on learning those

ok people, let's kick butt!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:48 AM   #13  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Most Recent NSV: fitting into my "skinny jeans" ...they look really bad and dated, but the point is that they fit!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:6-8 lbs.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: pilates 2x week, start running again and either starting ww again or just trying to stick to healthy eating.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: eggnog
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a wife and mother of an 11 month old daughter.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hey Ladies! I'm pretty excited to do this challenge!

Most Recent NSV: Finally fitting back into my black skinny jeans after 2 years (I weighed more last time I fit them - just goes to show body shapes change!)

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Well... I'll see where I am when we start on Monday, but if I'm around the same weight as I am today, I'd like to see myself losing 11-13 pounds (5-6 kilograms)

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: More strict on making my calories good calories and less treat ones, upping my exercise each week and making sure I get something in most days!

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Just generally keeping on track. This is the longest I've kept up calorie counting/exercising/portion control and while it seems to be just part of my life, I know how easy it is to slip back into old habits so I'm working on not doing that!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Nothing I can think of right now! Oh except that today I'm feeling super hot and attractive since I just got my hair cut and re-coloured yesterday. Walked to visit my grandma and was totally strutting my stuff down the street hah! OH also. I weigh in kilograms since I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, but I always use google to convert it to pounds so I can post both here! I use kg on my ticker but pounds in my side bar thingy thing.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I'm really looking forward to being part of this challenge. I enjoyed being in the Autumn challenge and found it really motivating to have a place to document my progress every week and see how others were getting along. It seems like a really motivating and supportive way to lose weight!

Most recent NSV: This isn't really a specific incident, but just generally feeling like my previously tight jeans and other fitted items of clothing are getting roomy and too big for me! And, this isn't really a victory (it's actually quite annoying!), but over the past few weeks, I have really been feeling the cold, now that I have lost a load of my "insulation"
Weight loss goal for the challenge: My goal is to lose 10lbs by the end of the challenge, which works out at an average loss of 1.25lbs a week. If I could reach my goal of 150lbs, that would be such an incredible bonus!
Battle plan for reaching BL challenge goal: I'm going to continue calorie counting and logging my food, aiming for no more than 1,500 calories a day. I will also be continuing with the C25K programme (I am currently on Week 7 of 9), and so I intend to complete that programme during this BL challenge. Once that is completed, I will select an appropriate running programme to continue with, and do that for the remainder of the challenge. I will do my best to get in a brisk walk of at least 20 minutes on most days.
Particular challenges/upcoming temptations that you are working to/or planning to overcome: I'm going to do my best to stay motivated and keep enjoying my running and regular exercise. I'm also going to do my best to stay motivated if my weight loss stalls or slows down. Since I am near my goal and a couple of pounds away from "normal" BMI, weight loss is definitely slower than it has been, so I'm going to do everything I can to stay patient and focused, even if the pounds aren't flying off!
Anything else you would like to share about yourself: I live by the sea on the south coast of England with my boyfriend. I'm currently working towards a PhD in clinical psychology, and I'm really enjoying it. I love the outdoors, driving places with no particular destination in mind, 80s/90s music, cooking and baking, crochet and knitting, and reading for pleasure!
Closed Thread