South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 05:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Terrific Tuesday Daily Beach Chat

Good morning, ladies...I thought I'd get us started today since the other thread is done. Been working hard all night getting stuff ready to go in the yard sale this Saturday. Some lucky plus-sized gal is going to find some nice business suits and dress blouses. I hate to part w/ some of those shirts, but they have served me will and I will NEVER EVER EVER wear those sizes again...so off they go to a good new home, hopefully. Seriously...this is the pile of clothes SO FAR...

I'm about to head to bed (a little early for me) so I can get up early and go vote, hit the gym, and then come home and finish cleaning out my 2 closets and my mom's 2 closets. I have no clue when we're gonna tackle the garage. EEK!!!

So what's everybody's plans for today??? Anything exciting??? Hope you ladies have a good one...see ya later on!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:56 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Natasha Wow, nice pile of clothes. I sold some of mine through a consignment shop. It's a nice way to rotate clothes and takes the edge off all those new clothing purchases (not that I ever minded buying smaller sizes!). Your dedication to exercising is a good reminder for me. As soon as life settles down a little I must prioritize exercise again.

Today is the last pre-election event I am responsible for. I will help with 2 others but they aren't my shows to run. It will be nice to be done with this piece. It's been crazy busy. The week got a little crazier yesterday when we realized that I really need to drive to Burlington Wed. night because leaving at 4:30 in the morning is just insane. I'm not sure that leaving after working at the office Wed. is that much better but at least I get to sleep in a little. The hotel has no fridge or microwave so I'm going to have to watch my meals carefully. Luckily Burlington is a crunchy kind of place so I should be able to find good healthy choices. DW will join me Friday afternoon and we will bird our way back Saturday morning. That will be fun.

How is your Tuesday shaping up? I love stopping by here especially on crazy days. It makes such a difference starting my day with a focus on me and my health and choices. Thanks Chicks
Old 10-19-2010, 06:03 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Hi Natasha, Wow! That's some pile! I hope the right woman/women come to your yard sale - they will feel like the hit the jackpot.

I had a hard time parting with my larger clothes. I've lost and gained back so many times over the years and I guess I wasn't sure I could believe that this time is for keeps. I love not having them around though, finally parting with them it felt like a promise to myself that I'd never need them again.

Hi Cyndi
I'll be thinking of you today as you get this last big responsibility behind you. I'm glad this crunch time is nearly finished. How long is the drive to Burlington? I haven't been over that way in years but we did a lot of camping and exploring over that way when our kids were in middle school. My son was fascinated with Ethan Allen for a while, so we went to visit the homestead/museum and enjoyed the weekend so much that we went back quite a few times.

Nothing much going on around here today. I'm planning on a calm, predictable day. I haven't had one of those in a while so I'm really looking forward to it.

Enjoy your Monday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-19-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #4  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning Cyndi and Natasha

Wow Natasha, that pile is huge. I recently gave away my skinny jeans and other pants when I was feeling really down. I hope to soon do that with my fat clothes. I also thought that by giving away the clothes, I would lose weight Silly, but now I am losing, so I will just have to buy more (I don't mind)

I have coffee with a friend, finish my writing for tonight and an appointment with an attorney, and will get my belongings from my car. Ten pick up my kids and do the tons of driving that I do picking 2 kids up from different areas of town.

Cyndi, I love Burlington. I'm sure you will find some healthy choices.

My walking buddy is outside waiting for me, gtg. Sorry to be so brief I'll be back later with more
Old 10-19-2010, 06:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for starting us up, Natasha, and sweet dreams!

It's raining this morning, but it should be out of here by the time I leave for work. My countertop is full of the last of the peppers from the garden that Jake picked last night, but I got home too late to deal with them. So I'd better get them taken care of and put in the freezer before I head over to the farm.
I'm determined to have a perfect OP day today. I did well all day yesterday until I came home, very hungry and tired and proceeded to eat 2 thick slices of my homemade whole wheat bread for my supper. My defenses were down and I caved. I've felt awful about it ever since, and it sure wasn't worth the indulgence. Today is going to be better!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #6  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Cottage, don't feel bad . Just pick yourself up and move on (you can do it)

Good morning Heidi!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

DH comes home today. I miss him, sure, but I have to say that I have really enjoyed having the place to myself again all day. Sigh. Off to strength class at the gym this morning, then errands. More cleaning. Niggles

Have a good day all.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Beloved. The way I feel is making me determined to dust myself off and move on. Maybe it was a good thing, as I sure don't like feeling this way and love the feeling of well-being when I'm completely on-plan. Lesson learned!

Natasha, you've sure come a long way! That pile of outgrown clothes must make you feel really good, and good riddance to them! Think of all the cute new clothes in a smaller size you can get with the money from the yardsale.

Cyndi, that does make more sense to drive up to Burlington the night before. At least this way, you'll be more rested and relaxed. I hope today is a good one for you!

Beloved, some days I feel like I live in my car, with all the running around I have to do with the kiddoes. It's really insane on the days when they have to be in two different places at the same time. I hope you had a pleasant walk with your friend.

Heidi, I'm hoping your day really IS a calm and predictable one. I'm hoping the same for me!

Good morning, Karen!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-19-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:01 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My goodness! Everyone is perky and chirpy today!

Cottage, ditch the guilt as Natasha is ditching "undergrown"clothes!

Cyndi, great idea to travel Wednesday. Never thought of Burlington as "crunchy".

Beloved, looks like a busy day for you!

Waisting, I know the feeling as I love having my house to myself. Niggles are easier to ignore when you love by yourself.

Like Heidi, I was hoping for a calm and peaceful day after yesterday's mish-mash. I hope to get some of the outside work started. The poor houseplants are still on the front porch so they'll be first on the list. They still look OK but ...

I have to work the Good Food Box this morning but hope to get the plant job at least started before then. Rain is predicted for the afternoon but they've been wrong before. If it rains I'll tackle Mill accounting work which is piling up. I still have a plethora of tomatoes and apples to deal with which may have to wait another day. The fruit flies love my kitchen.

Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a new dishwasher which will be delivered Friday. Then I'll scrounge around for a plumber to install it. Nothing like spending the weekend with an extra dishwasher in the middle of the kitchen.

On with Tuesday before the coffee cools too much!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 243/199.4/190

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning everyone!!!!! Just got on the scale...down another pound. Woohoo! I helped at a "luncheon" at my grandmothers this weekend. On the menu...chicken and dressing, sweet potato casserole, cream corn, coke salad, twinkie cake, and 7 layer salad. EVERYTHING THAT I CAN'T EAT.
Luckily, I thought ahead and took a spaghetti squash, ground turkey, onions and peppers and made my own lunch...haha! ...and didn't even taste the twinkie cake. What's funny, the kids and a few of the adults liked my lunch better....

Everybody have an awesome day! Finally getting some rain here and it's making me a little froggy!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! Nothing much going on.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

DH is grumpy and I'm trying to get my head straightened out for a healthy productive day. I'm taking Mom to Denver for an appointment later. I'd like to get a little more accomplished before I go.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #13  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning everyone and greetings from sunny California! You all sound so positive this morning. I agree, just reading your posts sure helps me want to have an one plan day as well.

I plan on going outside in a while and doing some yard work along with my French Bulldog, Mr. Big. He would much prefer staying in the house and being a couch potato but I'll get him outside and throw his frisbee while I work so he can get some exercise too. These beautiful fall days are just wonderful, my favorite time of the year.

Later
Old 10-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 247/237/170

Height: 5 '10

Hi everybody,
Seems to be raining everywhere -even in here in L.A. Well, somewhat anyway. I love rain. Maybe because I don't have to deal with it too often? But it's so pretty.
Ah, the clothing issue. I symphathize.
I have what...four sizes of clothes in my closet? I look forward to getting rid of a lot of them. Some of them I will miss. I have to say, shopping is a huge motivation for me losing weight. I'm just so tired of the limited options for a plus-sizer. And I hate tunics!
Oh and here's my little observation of the day; the gym I go to is next door to a Le Cordon Bleu! The culinary arts school! And there are big windows into the kitchen showing all these would-be chefs cooking up truffle oiled whatnot-infused concoctions. Where's the justice?
Although it's kind of funny to stagger out of the gym with a bunch of sweaty people in workout clothes and crash into a bunch of students in their chef outfits and hats. I like their uniforms. They wear houndstooth pants.

Better go. Break's over.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #15  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Afternoon everyone!

Its a sunny afternoon here in the east Bay area! No San Francisco fog messing up the sky right now!

So my sister is coming down to go on the cruise that my husband and I are going on in a few weeks. She has Ulcerative Colitis, and when it gets bad, its a long road to getting back to normal again. She's having a horrible flare up. As a result, she's lost nearly 50lbs in the last 4 months. While that sounds nice on paper, we all know that's a really huge amount to lose, and certainly UC is not the way to lose it. It just makes me so sad to think of how anemic and sick she is, but also selfishly thankful that I'm healthy and am able to choose to lose weight, rather than having it be the result of being too sick to eat.
Closed Thread