Old 10-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #1  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

Default i won't be doing that again...

i had this kinda rebellion this morning i guess. i wanted a bowl of granola darnit even if it wasn't low cal. (it is reduced fat) well, that was way too many cal just for breakfast. next time i'll mix it with oatmeal as i had intended.

have you had those moments? what your replacements to make it healthier/less fat/less calories?
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Granola is on my banned list. I do NOT need it! If it isn't chocolate, it has no business having that many calories. That's how I view it. Which would I rather have: dessert or granola?

Otherwise, I would eat it on yogurt. At least that way I have a much more moderate portion.

I have substituted my chip obsession with almonds. They're higher in calories but packed with nutrition and I can eat them without salt and in moderation. I can't say the same for chips. LOL!

Oh, and I have cut out cereal in general. The only cereal I eat is Fiber One. I don't even generally do oatmeal because somehow it just doesn't stick to me like "they all" say it does.

Last edited by Eliana; 10-18-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i love reading your posts. we're same ht. and i always relate to so much of what you say. 'that's on my banned list' that made me crack up lol.
yea i won't be doing that again. yes a sprinkle on yogurt or oatmeal works much better.

i don't have a banned list. i'm more careful of what i'm eating, buying, cooking. i do all the cooking so i have alot of control over it. it's challenging to keep adjusting my meals, but the kids need the extra cals. so i give them extra nuts, cheese, etc. sometimes i remind myself, when i'm in the mood for a snack but not hungry, instead make a snack for my dd. she needs to gain.
wow that's way off topic.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote