Old 10-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #1  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Talking Been Away Too Long....

I am back. I have been kind of lost along the way these past 6 or 7 months and I still at the weight I was in January.

I am in constant pain and I can't seem to get it to stop. I have heel spurs and plantar facisitis in both feet. My job requires considerable walking but I have become slow moving. The foot pain gets me down. I have a doctors appointment coming up but I have to get a handle on this pain. They got rid of those horrible leg cramps with magnesium but now if I could only get my feet to feel better. It is like a knife in the sole of the foot every time I move.

I did however notice this summer if I take the time to get some kind of exercise in it will subside a little. I rejoined the gym on base and went yesterday. Starting off slow with circuits on the cardio machines for 15 minutes. 15 minutes on the recumbent bike and 15 on the treadmill. I walked on the treadmill at 2.0 but and incline of 6 or 7. The pressure seemed ok because the treadmill kind of gives with you. I want to continue to go so I am trying to not hurt myself. I will get with a trainer in a few weeks to set up a weight training program.

I have also changed my eating and lost 4 pounds..... I am slowly but surely making a definite change. I have been picking an issue and trying to get rid of one problem at a time. (sugar, chips, all the bad stuff etc.) It is working for me!

This board is so supportive. I have been lurking around for a few days and am kind of forgot what a nice group this is. I am happy to be back!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome back to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #3  
Out is Through

Welcome back!

-Stephy
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #4  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome. I have been here 3 weeks and LOVE it all the people here are great and friendly.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Welcome back. Congrats on rejoining the gym and getting rid of the junk food!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #6  
DollyR

Thanks ladies. I am crazy at work but I am trying my best to stay on target.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #7  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! And congrats on making the decision to get healthy!

I'm glad you have an appt to get those footsies checked out. I have very bad plantar fascietis (SP?), too. My feet used to KILL me the first few steps I took out of bed or after sitting for awhile. I got some orthotic foot support thingies and it has made a humungus difference. Even at my highest weight, I would not get out of bed in pain anymore. I don't wear them everywhere, but definitely at work where I'm on my feet a lot, and when I'm walking. I hope you get some relief with that, because it just adds one more obstacle to exercise -- which no one needs!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back. I'm new so we haven't met before but it is very nice to meet you.

It sounds like you have good goals with action behind them planned--this will ensure your success!

Take care and I look forward to reading your future posts.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome back. I had terrible feet and knee problems and losing weight has really helped. From my experience, I recommend that you concentrate on your food. I look forward to seeing posts of your success!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I went the custom orthotic route, too, and found they really helped. Losing a pile of weight helped even MORE though, and I can actually wear real shoes (not just the runners with orthotics, though I use those for treadmilling and hiking still)...as long as they're supportive. Doc Martens are great, but I can really rock flip flops, too.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi there!! So nice to see you back!!! I think of you every time I use the link you sent me for the SparkPeople recipe calculator.

I used to have major foot problems and then I got orthodontics and things cleared up, so I am with everyone else on that. But after a while, I realized that I could go without the orthodontics as long as I wore good shoes. I go to the New Balance store and get good shoes. White for play and black for work. I hate having to wear Gym shoes everyday and not fun cute shoes like all the other girls, but I like being pain free more!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #12  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Welcome to back to the 3fc's family
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #13  
DollyR

To those of you who mention the orthotics......its funny I switched sneakers at work and what a difference. I just got a promotion at work and ordered some more professional clothes. I am not sure where to go for the special orthotics. I guess the doctor will be able to tell me......Oh FYI....I live overseas in Seoul, South Korea.

Last edited by DollyR; 10-28-2010 at 04:35 PM.