Old 10-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Default October Chat

Good morning and welcome to October. If this year goes by any faster, it's going to break the sound barrier.

No sugar yesterday, but I did eat too much. Nuts, fruit, other protein, so not terrible, but more quantity than I would have liked. Well, now that I'm getting the sugar cravings under control, portion control is the next step. Ugh, just in time for the weekend, when portion control is the hardest.

October--jack o' lanterns, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, Halloween candy. Next month, Thanksgiving, the National Day of Overeating. Then all the winter holidays with lots of food and special goodies. These last three months of the year are always the hardest for me.

I don't want to carry all of my current poundage into the new year.

Okay, that's enough whining.

Have a great Friday.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi Miss Kitteh!! I know what you mean about this time of year. I bought a chocolate covered marshmallow pumpkin at 7-11 today......luckily it was only 110 cal. so I don't feel too bad about it. That reminds me, I need to toss out the lemon poppyseed bread in the kitchen. It is almost a week old and the boys won't be back until Monday...it was dry anyway.

Kind of a hectic day. Going out to fiance's for the weekend where I'm sure we will be very debaucherous....is that a word?? Queso and beer and....?..... is what I'm thinking!! Will try to balance it out with lots of water and healthy choices. Probably won't post until Monday.

I hope you all have a wonderful October weekend!

Oh, almost forgot....GO SOONERS! Beat Texas!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 10-01-2010 at 02:20 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #3  

Hi Everybody,
I kind of went MIA at the end of last month. I kept reading but no time to post.
End of another month and no loss!!! I know why and what I have to do but my mind and body can't seem to get it together. AM wake up, mind says "come on move it, get that DVD on," body says "No, more sleep!!" and guess the body wins out more times than not!! Added problem this morning extreme backache!!! I have no idea why!! Still I can do my exercise bike and maybe weights (only lower back hurts!!).
I have to loose some this month, I so don't want to be writing the same next month.
And yes time is going by far too fast!!
Jackie
Jackie Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #4  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone! October is my favorite month, so many family birthdays, Halloween and beautiful Fall weather.

I have a busy weekend planned as my son turns 21 on Monday! How did that happen? 21? lol. Money is tight so I wasn't able to buy him anything big but I did get him a cake decorated with a Bengals football team motif, the game is tomorrow and some friends of his are coming over to celebrate and watch the game. I got him a cool card, it is black and red with flames and when you open it, it plays I Wanna Rock n Roll All Night by Kiss.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon All!

Kids are still sick and hubby is being an idiot. Add that to me being in a funk of sorts and it was a crappy week. Ate junk for 2 days and while calorie-wise they were ok (about 1500-1600)...nutrition-wise it was a total waste. One good thing I suppose is that even though I ate some cookies...I actually didn't enjoy them. Thought they were either too sweet or just OK. So back to the beginning today. I have all my veggies in me and I am feeling better. Now I just need a new husband or some magic potion to change the one I have into a caring family-first kinda guy.
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #6  

I hate Monday mornings, actually I just hate the mornings!
But I am so tired, just exhausted and starting a week like this
is awful. I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 9pm. But
my neighbors son decided to start singing, completely off key and
as loud as he could. This went on until 10, then we had the usual
screaming, his Mom and slamming of doors!!!

Hydra.....congratulations to your son, 21!!! I kind of remember that!!
My oldest is 18 and I often wonder how that happened.

Maddie....Sorry that your kids are sick. Anything like my lot they only want Mommy when they are sick. Even the big kids!! But at least I get out the doctor run. Hubby wanted to live in Japan so he can take care of the things that involve language that goes beyond basic greetings.

Hope everybody has a good week.
Take care
Jackie
Jackie Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #7  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everyone.

Life is returning to normal. Friend & her son are doing pretty good now after the sudden loss of her husband. I had gained a couple of pounds from just not having any time to myself or keeping up with food, but I was extremely sick this past week & was in bed the whole week & couldn't eat so I am back down to 189. Got some kind of serious stomach flu thing going on around here, still unable to work or stay out of bed much - just maybe I might get under 189 by the time I get over this mess.

I have a very quiet house now, my 3 foster girls have been placed in permanent places which I am thankful for, miss them sometimes but one of the girls does drive & she picked up the other 2 & showed up at my house yesterday with lots of pizza, one of them had called & found out I was sick so the girls said they had to check on Mom, very sweet. It was such a big surprise & I love that the girls are sticking together, sure can't hurt to have good friends that really understand what you are going through.

Just wanted to say hi while I am up for a few, actually have missed coming to the forum. Will try to read back some tomorrow.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #8  

Hi, Dee! I'm new here, but I just wanted to pop in to tell you I hope you feel better really soon. The stomach flu is the worst!

Get well soon!!

Alyssa
AlyssaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #9  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for starting us off Kitteh! Welcome Alyssa : )

I made it to the gym 3x last week and got in a good ride on my bike yesterday. Go me! Meanwhile the possibility of my cancer recurring is rearing it's ugly head : ( My first ever massage uncovered an odd lump running halfway across my back and down to the bottom of my ribcage. Doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so I could use plenty of prayers. My daughter is taking me so I get to spend some time with her and the kids.

I hope everybody has a great start to the week!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #10  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default YAY! I love October....

Good morning everyone! I absolutely love love love October! The start of Fall always puts me in a great mood! Now if only wasn't so rainy and dreary here where I live. We have had ONE day of sun since last week, blech!

Been doing well: down a nice amount after my full week on plan, so very happy about that. Had a weekend of overdoing a bit on carbs, but I survived!

Well wishes for those of you feeling under the weather! And may the month of October bring us all continued success!

~flamanette~
Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Kathi...sending postive thoughts your way!

My weekend was a write-off. Ate more junk and now I am feeling it. Serious water-weight gain and my head is throbbing. I'll bite the bullet today and hopefully get back on track. So far today I am eating according to plan.

Welcome Alyssa!

October...meh...it's an ok month. Now once December 1st arrives...then I'll be smiling! I LOVE winter!!! And the colder the better!

Have a great day everyone!
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello everyone! October has arrived with a bang here in Oklahoma....frost advisories this morning! So I covered my flowers w/ black plastic and uncovered them this morning. We have lots of warm weather yet to go so I wanted to save them. This is very early for it to be this cool here. Supposed to warm back up to normal Oct. temps by the weekend.

Had a great weekend. Did not gain (at least it isn't showing on the scale....yet....I will keep a close eye on it) even with all of the off-plan eating I did. Beer and bread (in many forms) were the worst culprits....which probably isn't good for the lovely yeast infection that visited me on Friday....sorry if TMI. Even though I ate those types of things, I didn't really over-eat and filled in w/ fresh veggies, fiber and some water.

I picked pears from our pear tree out at fiance's and have a good bunch in the fridge. Searched the internet because they just didn't seem ripe enough to pick (they are still hard, but have a good flavor). The site I checked says to pick them that way, put them in the fridge for about a week, then put them out on the counter to soften up. So that is what I am doing. I couldn't wait to try baking with them so I did chop up a couple and made Honey Pear Bread for my boys. It was DELISH!!!! Can't wait for them to try it when they get home later today. It isn't lo-cal by any means, but I did use whole wheat flour and canola oil.

I really, really tried to get up early enough this morning to do my 5 mile WATP workout, but I just couldn't do it. I did do the 3 mile Boot Camp, but I am really wanting to add more to it. Not sure how I am going to do that.

JackieC-Good to see you! Hope your back is feeling better.

Hydra-Good to see you, too and I like your new pic! Hope you had a good time celebrating with your son. We watched lots of football this weekend ourselves.

Maddie-I hope your hubby is being more helpful and understanding.

IOAB-I really hope you are feeling better now. Rest and refresh yourself.

Hi Alyssa, welcome to the group!

WLW-I'll be praying for you. Please let us know what you find out from the doctor.

Flamanette-I am enjoying October and Fall more as I get older. It used to depress me to see things die out for the winter, but I know now it is just part of the cycle and it makes me appreciate the re-blooming in the Spring.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday

I didnt weight this am, but feel I'm probably down a bit, jeans fit well, so that's good. LOTS of activities going on, will be hard to manage eating out most of the week.

Maddie, my H was PMS'ing last week, too, think it has something to do with football season He seems better today.

Hope everyone has a good week!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #14  

Hi, everyone! I'm having a great time reading about all of you and getting to know you better!

Kathi, I wanted to tell you that I'm praying for you!!

I never realized how many people are Fall lovers!! I LOVE this time of year, too! From the changing of the leaves, all the way through the first of the year, I'm practically on . The kids and I will be doing our Fall decorating today. Yay!!

Normally, I gain weight throughout the holiday seasons. Not necessarily a huge amount, but I do normally gain. I'm really praying this one will be different. I'll be working my butt, too, off to see to it that I don't lose my progress so far!

TTYL, friends!

Alyssa
AlyssaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #15  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Can I join??

I'm new to the forums and happy to be here in the company of so many like minded women (and a handful of men) ((at least I thought I saw some men))

I love fall too, love everything about it except the fact that I am not fitting into my clothes (yet) I am just back on board my commitment to losing this weight after a few fails :-/

I'm fighting a cold (so far I'm winning) and skipped working out this morning, but plan to get up tomorrow. I feel so much better when I do.

Sometime around Thanksgiving, I will be performing (bellydancer) and really want to feel good in my costume, I am determined.
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote