Old 10-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #1  

Default Intro and Questions

Ok, so I decided this morning that I was going to go on my first real diet ever! I'm 25 and when I was in high school I was very active and athletic, I swam for 10 years before stopping, so what and how much I ate never mattered to me, I would burn it off.

I've been married to a wonderful man who is incredibly supportive for 5 years and we have a 14 month old daughter. I'm an office manager so I don't get out and run around much.

I don't have a real goal, which I'm sure could be a bad idea to start out with. I'm just going to kind of go with the flow of it.

My question is this, how sucessful have people been on the diet. I would like to loose 80-100 pound total. I've just kind of let the weight build up over the last 8 years and having a baby didn't help me at all.

I read the stories online and I want to believe that they're true, I just don't know. I know that there are tens of thousands of people who have done the atkins diet but real sucess and how long it took is what I'm looking for.

Thanks.
rockstarwifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #2  
The journey begins...

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! Good luck in all your goals!
JillyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #3  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

when i started i only knew the basic "no starches" rule, but it was easy to adapt and learn the ways of eating this way. results are quick. the downside is if u stop u will gain it ALL back. but that is with any diet, it doesn't have to be strict maintenance, but you have to commit to maintain even after you reach your goal.
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/173/135

Height: 5'4"

Cool

I have just recently decided to take back control over my life. I have lost around 20 pounds in 6 weeks just by walking every day and cutting out energy drinks and fried foods. I am in a program/competition through my work but it ends in 2 weeks. I know that I need a support program to keep going at this rate. I have tried to lose weight in the past but I just get lazy, thought this is the most weight I've lost EVER!!! I am more energetic and happier. I smile more and feel better about myself. I want to keep these feelings. So 130....HERE I COME!
jtedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #5  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello and
Atkins is a really great way to lose weight, but more importantly it needs to become what we refer to as a WOE or Way Of Eating.

The wonderful thing about 3FC is when you see pictures here of it's members showing you before and after THEY ARE REAL. Not photo shopped, not airbrushed, ect. We are people, just like yourself who have let the weight build and often after rather active or athletic lifestyles.

Atkins needs to be a lifetime change, not a diet.

We are here to help you on your journey, and YES, it is completely possible to lose the 80 to 100lbs you mentioned. LOTS of people here have (I hope too myself).

Hugs and support as you begin your journey

Judy

Last edited by islandchick1; 10-13-2010 at 04:42 PM.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

April 13, 2004 was a changing day in my life. It was the day I decided Atkins was going to be my lifetime way of eating. I had talked to people who had done Atkins, saw the success and asked quite a few questions. I bought the book and read it from cover to cover before beginning the plan so I understood exactly how & why this works. I can not emphasize enough how important that is!

I knew Atkins was a plan I would stick to. I mean seriously, who doesn't love full fat mayo, full fat salad dressing, full fat cheese, bacon, butter, juicy steak, cheeseburgers But, contrary to popular misconception, Atkins is not all about sitting down & eating unlimited beef, bacon & butter! Atkins, when done correctly, focuses on plenty of green, healthy veggies and salads. But...you can enjoy your veggies with real butter and your salads with cheese, bacon crumbles, hard boiled egg, sliced steak or ham...all the good, yummy stuff!!!

Thanks to Atkins, I lost over 100 lbs in a little over a year and have continued to keep it off for 6 and a half years

My advice to you is to begin by reading the book (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, 2002 or prior versions) to determine if its something you feel you can do long term & make a total lifestyle.

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #7  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Welcome!

I really like what Atkins has done for me. I've learnt some new things about eating right, and it's helped me lose weight more quickly then just calorie counting and exercise. I lost 8 lbs my first week, but I only have 12 left.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Welcome and yes you can do this.
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote