Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

Default How does water impact weightloss/When do you notice lbs lost

So I'm in day 3 of week 3 and have noticed that my weightloss seems to have slowed down significantly almost to a standstill. The one thing that has changed is my water intake. I still get a minimum of 64 oz but for most of the first 2 weeks I was drinking nearly 3 liters everyday. Could my decreased (although "adequate") intake of water be the culprit or has my body, in week 3, gotten over the initial shock of IP and now slowing down as it typically would? Hmmm? Also, I've lost 12 pounds but can't say it's really visible. I've taken my measurements and there has been a little change. I thought with 10lbs there would be a noticeable difference, maybe it's 20 pounds for me. Just curious as to when others were able to notice there own weightloss without measuring. Thanks! Have a great IP day...I'm still committed!
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!
I seem to be in almost the same boat as you. I started IP Sep 20th and lost 9 lbs in the first week, then 4.2 in the second, then only .8 this past week. I have been following protocol strictly. My difference to your situation is that I have been drinking ALL my water, but I don't seem to be peeing as often as I should, so I'm retaining some and I can't figure out why - neither can my coach.
It is most frustrating, but I am staying the course and will power through this. I just know I am going to have a big loss week coming up.
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #3  

Oh, and about noticing the weighloss - I am not getting any comments yet from people who don't know I've been dieting, but I can sure tell the difference with some of my own clothes, especially my bra.
I went through my closet on Sunday and I have two really good quality work outfits that are over 10 years old and just have never been able to throw them out even though I haven't gotten into them in almost 10 years. Anyway, I sent the to the cleaners because they fit! They are snug still, but I could zip them up! I figure in a couple of weeks I'll be wearing them!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I would have to say, that water intake can make a huge difference in weight loss! I'm larger than both of you ladies, but I'm drinking an average of 120 ounces a day. If I drop that by much then, my weight loss stagnates. We've got some different chemistry going on in our bodies and the water helps to keep that all working.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/166/145

Height: 5'6

My weight loss slowed down too even though i still take plenty of water and vegetables, BTW, i'm on low carb diet. I think the sytem just gets used to what is being taken in and the metabolism rate slows down but then something is still happening though not at the same rate as when you started the diet plan. The best thing is to hang in there and stay focused, with time, you'll get there. Also you can add exercises to your diet plan.
MaryOjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #6  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msren10 View Post
So I'm in day 3 of week 3 and have noticed that my weightloss seems to have slowed down significantly almost to a standstill. The one thing that has changed is my water intake. I still get a minimum of 64 oz but for most of the first 2 weeks I was drinking nearly 3 liters everyday. Could my decreased (although "adequate") intake of water be the culprit or has my body, in week 3, gotten over the initial shock of IP and now slowing down as it typically would? Hmmm? Also, I've lost 12 pounds but can't say it's really visible. I've taken my measurements and there has been a little change. I thought with 10lbs there would be a noticeable difference, maybe it's 20 pounds for me. Just curious as to when others were able to notice there own weightloss without measuring. Thanks! Have a great IP day...I'm still committed!

I started IP on September 14th. As of this morning I am down 23 pounds. I have literally stuck to the plan without one ounce of cheating....not one little bit. I drink about 110-120 ounces of water a day. I always worry that the losing will slow down, but if I have one or two days without a loss....day three never fails me (so far). I weigh and measure everything. Get the exact amount of supplements, sea salt, and olive oil. I am afraid to ease up in any way. Good luck on your journey.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I started IP on September 14th. As of this morning I am down 23 pounds. I have literally stuck to the plan without one ounce of cheating....not one little bit. I drink about 110-120 ounces of water a day. I always worry that the losing will slow down, but if I have one or two days without a loss....day three never fails me (so far). I weigh and measure everything. Get the exact amount of supplements, sea salt, and olive oil. I am afraid to ease up in any way. Good luck on your journey.
This is exactly the daily schedule I follow, including the ounces of water. It's the only thing that works for me. If I go under 95 ounces of water a day it's almost guaranteed that I'll gain the next day.

Last edited by Linden; 10-14-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #8  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
This is exactly the daily schedule I follow, including the ounces of water. It's the only thing that works for me. If I go under 95 ounces of water a day it's almost guaranteed that I'll gain the next day.
I just thought of something else too....when I drink my first 36 ounces I only pee once or twice. My next 36 a few times, but boy oh boy that last 36 ounces has me running to the bathroom over and over again. I agree LInden I think at least 100 ounces....especially with the amount of salt in this diet.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Well ladies, looks like back to 3 liters (just over 100 ozs) it is! It's hard considering my job but I made it happen the first 2 weeks...I'm worth it Thanks for the responses.
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by msren10 View Post
Well ladies, looks like back to 3 liters (just over 100 ozs) it is! It's hard considering my job but I made it happen the first 2 weeks...I'm worth it Thanks for the responses.
Here's a tip. I take a LOT of pills in the morning. They require 2, 12-ounce glasses plus the 16 I get with the IP packet -- Strawberry pudding (no soy) plus 16 oz water to make a great shake = 40 oz right off the bat. AND you need more water in the morning than any other time (unless you don't get enough in the morning).
Old 10-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #11  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

water intake and sleep are important to achieve healthy weight loss, thought is very important to pee as much as possible, and make frequent bowel movements in order to cleanse your system. If you are taking 64oz try taking more I always try to drink more than that, because when you are on ketosis you have to pee the ketones out.
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

I am adding lemon to my water because I am not a water drinker and that really helps me to get it all down. I have a hard time starting with water in the morning because I am a coffee drinker, but I am going to adjust a little and try to get some in before the coffee
sngn4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #13  
started IP 9.1.10

S/C/G: 197/175.8/120

Height: 5.4

Default No soy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Here's a tip. I take a LOT of pills in the morning. They require 2, 12-ounce glasses plus the 16 I get with the IP packet -- Strawberry pudding (no soy) plus 16 oz water to make a great shake = 40 oz right off the bat. AND you need more water in the morning than any other time (unless you don't get enough in the morning).
Hi Linden,
Your comment about the strawberry pudding having no soy made me wonder if soy has an impact on our weight loss - do you avoid soy as a rule? Can you elaborate?

Thanks, Judy
Judon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #14  

I asked this just now on the daily thread as well, but thought I'd throw it in here too. Would Perrier and flavoured noncarbinated water count as your total water in the day? I drink regular water all day, but enjoy the perrier and flavoured water in the evening. I still drink more regular water than the other. As long as it counts, I should be able to get my water intake up to over 110-120 oz a day.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #15  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judon View Post
Hi Linden,
Your comment about the strawberry pudding having no soy made me wonder if soy has an impact on our weight loss - do you avoid soy as a rule? Can you elaborate?

Thanks, Judy
Soy has a serious impact if you have hypothyroidism, especially if you eat it within 6 hours of taking your medicine. I don't. Ever. Others are allergic to it and, unfortunately, there are very few IP products that don't have soy. I'm drinking a lot of strawberry pudding these day. In 16 weeks I only lost 25 pounds -- a poor record from any perspective, and I have had IP products exclusively since I started. One small cheat on 4 July. Since the soy is out of my system I've started to lose although it's too soon to tell if the pattern holds. Had a thyroid test yesterday and the THS is up despite avoiding the soy altogether for over a week. I'm sorry that all of this is just random information with no conclusion. But I'm hoping something clicks for you, or perhaps someone else.