Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 08:37 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Baby Chat Week of Mar 16th!!!

Good Morning!!!
Long couple of days with a sick baby.....She gets up every 2 hours coughing or with her nose soo congested...I am able to suction it goood though with the saline..I just worry about that darn RSV crap.....No fever and not pulling on ears...soo that is good...
She enjoyed Sesame Street but not in our seats...DH sat with #2 and I went higher up cuz it was too loud for her..That startle reflex was killing her!!!!I watched #2 dance and cheer!!! It was great!!!
Off to breakfast...Have to do better on eating!!!
RR
Old 03-16-2003, 09:15 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Morning Moms,

Peter is constipated. If he hasn't pooped by noon, he's gettinga baby lax. He was horrible for DH last night...I went to bed around 8:30, because DH had a good nap yesterday while we were out. Well, Peter slept until around 11:30, then DH woke up cranky. DH changed him, hoping that would help, but it got worse, he cried and was miserable until 3:00a!! Finally fell asleep after 7.5 oz. of BM and lots of pacing. I had no idea, was sleeping with the air purifier on (for noise) and didn't hear any of it. I woke up at 3:45 when I heard him on the monitor grunting and getting cranky. Went and got him and was too tired to make a bottle, and was engorged from all that sleep anyway, so I tried to latch him on and he did, no problem! So he nursed for about 15 minutes and fell back to sleep. I put him in his pack and play again (in his room) and he was good for a while. I pumped about a 1/2 hr. later and got a few oz., so I guess he did a good job. He woke again at around 5:15, and I put him in the bassinet, in our room. He went right back to sleep. Woke up at 7:00 and had a bottle, and is now sleeping in his bouncy seat.

Whew...poor DH is soo tired this AM. I'm pretty awake.

RR- I had Peter at a St. Patty's Day party yesterday at my friend's house and it was horrible. I think it was part gas, part too much noise and people. I spent almost the whole time in the bedroom trying to calm him down!! Guess we'll be sticking to quieter events for awhile!

Karen- Can't wait to see pics of the room all completed!!
Old 03-16-2003, 10:15 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning!!

I went through the bags of baby clothes this morning and sorted them. Now I have all the newborn-3 month seperate and ready to have tags removed and washed. I just can't go that final step yet!! I feel paranoid!! I have to empty the closet so that the handyman can do the doors. I'm so excited that this is coming together.

I went to Gymboree again yesterday to use my last coupon. I had a hard time finding stuff so I guess I won't be shopping there again for awhile. It's not fair, they have so much girl stuff and hardly any boy stuff.

Have a super Sunday!!
Old 03-16-2003, 01:08 PM   #4  
LBH

Karen, Gymboree is my favorite store, but you're right, they don't have much for boys! Neither does Baby Gap! And last time I was in Old Navy, they had hardly any 0-3 and 3-6 stuff!
Old 03-17-2003, 04:36 PM   #5  

Hi all,

Alex has started a new trick the past two days.....He is taking his foot and trying to stick it outside my body through my ribs!! He had me good last night in the middle of washing my hair. I couldn't lift my arms or anything. I ended up lying back in the tub and waiting for him to relax. It took about 5 minutes!! Then he did it to me again today while I was working with a patient. She was rubbing my tummy convincing him to relax so we could get back to work!! I think he's going to be quite a comedian!! He wants to entertain everyone!! Takes after his father!!

Hope you guys are having good baby days!!
Old 03-17-2003, 04:54 PM   #6  
LBH

Hi,

We're having a great day! It's my anniversary, so I splurged and got my hair cut! I haven't had it cut since before Peter was born!! It wasn't really a splurge, there's a cheapy walk-in place I found in the phone book so I went there, because I can't imagine a wash, cut, and dry with him in tow. It's a pretty big, roomy place, and it was pretty empty, so I just put him down next to me and she sprayed my hair down and trimmed my bangs and around the bottom. Not that great a job, but it'll do until I can get to my regular guy.

We just took a walk down my street and back and it was soo nice! Peter just hung out kind of zoning the whole way. Will have to do this everyday that it's nice out!

Karen- I got a card in the mail today for NJ Children's Expo at Meadowlands Expo Center for next weekend - 3/21-22-23. The grandparents are throwing a party for Peter for all the family on the 22nd, but I'm thinking of going Sunday, if I can convince DH. I have friends from out of town stopping in Sunday AM, but they should be gone by 1:00. The hrs. are Fri. 11a-10p, Sat. 9a-6p, and Sun. 10a-6p.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:51 AM   #7  
Working on Weight loss!!!

I HATE MY JOB!!!! I had a meltdown yesterday and gave my 2 week notice..DH is sort of angry but what can he say.....THey are not supportive...I was told to "wean that baby..it is time", "how long are u gonna breast feed??? 3 months is enough, Use formula etc etc...I spent the entire weekend with fever and pain due to a blocked duct from not pumping but once all day..
Kaylee was smiling when I picked her up yesterday..I felt bad when the lady said..."she is soo much fun...talking and cooing at us all day!!!!" HELLLO>>>>that is for me to experience....
I have cried all day and half the night just looking at her sleep.....
Sorry...have to run and I am in a bummed mood
Vicki
Old 03-18-2003, 09:37 AM   #8  
LBH

Oh Vicki... ... I'm soo sorry to hear they're not being supportive of you!! Geez, you'd think in a hospital they would be. Hope DH comes around. I wish I could give notice. I don't think they're gonna be happy when they find out I need to pump at least 3 times a day!!
Old 03-19-2003, 01:49 PM   #9  
LBH

OK, I've been trying to post these darn pics all day!! Here's Peter's first professional pics, they were taken at 5 wks.!!

"It's not bed time again, is it? I'm tired, but I don't wanna go to sleep!!"

Last edited by LBH; 03-19-2003 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:53 PM   #10  
LBH

Apparently you can only put one pic per post!

"Who are you and why are you taking my picture?!"
Old 03-19-2003, 01:53 PM   #11  
LBH

Peter with his little elephant buddy!
Old 03-19-2003, 01:54 PM   #12  
LBH

Peter with his hat on...can you tell he loves it?
Old 03-19-2003, 03:37 PM   #13  

Hi guys,

Alex's furniture is coming this afternoon so I am anxiously awaiting!! The meeting with the doula last night was good. I have to start working on a birthplan. Um, yum!! I'm so ready not to be pregnant anymore but I'm still terrified of birth. I was talking to DH about it last night and I've been scared of labor since I was 10!! That's how old I was when I started my period and I had such awful cramps. I would curl up in a ball and cry and unsympathetic people would say "What are you going to do when you have a baby?". I decided right then and there that I wasn't having a baby dang it. Now, look at me .

Have a great evening!!
Old 03-19-2003, 04:20 PM   #14  
LBH

Karen, I heard the same thing, not because of cramps, because I never got period cramps, but just because I have no tolerance for pain, and afraid of needles, etc.!! You'll do fine, epidural or not, just focus on getting little Alex out! Something that worked good for me was squeezing DH's hands. He took my hands and told me to squeeze as hard as I could through contractions. I did, I sat on my ball and squeezed through every contraction. It kept me very focused, the few times he wasn't in the room when I had a contraction, I was lost, I didn't know what to do...especially since I was there by myself!
Old 03-19-2003, 08:02 PM   #15  

Duh!!

Lauren: Those pictures are adorable!! I meant to post that but got off on myself instead!! No wonder you couldn't resist buying them.

Closed Thread