South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday Mayhem Daily Chat

Alrighty, so we're trying starting the daily thread again...hopefully it's less confusing this time.

Worked the fair the past 2 days. It's easy money and actually really enjoyable to work, so I really didn't mind giving up my weekend for it. Plus, while working today I mentioned how I wished I could have gotten more hours at the fair this year and I was offered a building detail on Wednesday and Thursday. Since I'm planning on actually attending the fair on Wednesday, I only took Thursday. I'll be working building security for 6 hours, doing nothing but walking. Hello, monthly exercise goal...you're gonna be mine before I know it!!!

I have several posts to reply to from the last daily thread, but for now I'm going to bed. I'm worn out!!!

So...what's on your agenda for Monday??? Hope it's a great one!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh, what the heck...I'll do my replies now.

Ruth - I hear ya...I would LOVE to have my dog's life!!! Sleep, poop, go for a ride...repeat. LOL

Cyndi - Hope you and your dad had a nice relaxing day together.

SusanMay - Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering w/ crazy weather. It was wonderful last week, in the 70s and high 60s during the day all week. Now we're back to it being way too hot outside during the day...still chilly at night, though, so that's good.

Alright, that's it for now. Goodnight, ladies.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:02 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Goodnight, Natasha, and thanks for the start-up. I hope there's no mayhem to wake you.

It's pretty cold out there but the stars are incredible so let's bundle up and watch the sunrise. I have a big pot of coffee and even some sf cranberry muffins left from the bake sale at the Mill yesterday.

Today is officially Thanksgiving although most folks had their big turkey feast yesterday leaving today for recovery and clean-up. I had a couple of invitations but opted out because I'm still jet-lagged and have a cold trying to sneak into my body! I was pretty tired after working all day at the Mill so had a quiet evening with early bed.

Today? Well, it's a stat holiday so things will be quiet. I am stocked up on produce so am going to have an "at home" day catching up on laundry and my personal mail. I have way too much money in the house from the weekend events at the Mill so will probably venture over to the bank in the next town and hit the night depository.

I hope your Monday is calm with just enough excitement to pique your interest.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:57 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Well just a few months ago my Mom commented that they never have stray cats show up here anymore since I grew up and moved away. Yesterday morning while I was out walking the dog I found a kitten. Cute little thing, very emaciated. He is clearly used to people and being in a house so I'm afraid that someone dumped him. Right now he is in the shed because my parents can't have him in the house. Cross your fingers that my Mom's friend will take him. I so do not need another cat but I'm not leaving him.

So how was your weekend?

Off to feed and visit the kitty. I'll be back later.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth, and good night Natasha!

I've had a wonderful weekend with my mom, today I'll drive her home though so I'm feeling kind of let down this morning. We packed an awful lot into the past 4 days though, and we've got a restaurant picked out and a few shops we want to visit on the drive back. This is a beautiful weekend for driving. The foliage is peak/near peak in our area and will be pretty the whole drive. Fergie hasn't decided if he's going to drive/ride along with us today or stay here and work on the yard. He's in the middle of a big project and pretty excited about it.

I'm anxious to go weigh myself. (The scale is in the bathroom and the bathroom is occupied right now. ) I'd hoped/expected to be down a pound on Friday but held steady through the weekend. I'm sure hoping to be down today. I think my body really likes 150. For decades that was my 'top weight' - I could be very lazy and wouldn't gain at that weight.

Enjoy your Monday friends.

Good morning Cyndi! It sounds like that kitty was pretty lucky to cross paths with you this morning. Here's hoping you can find a good home for him.

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-11-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everybody, and Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians and happy Columbus Day for the rest of us!

Coffee and cranberry muffins sound wonderful, but I've been being good so I'll resist the muffin and settle for my usual weekday breakfast of oatmeal w/fruit. Maybe I'll add a scattering of dried cranberries to it this morning.
No holiday day-off for me. The girls had off on Friday instead of today so will be in school today, and we have piano lessons afterwards. They had company this weekend, so I just know all the hard work and organizing I did in the playroom last week will have been for naught.

Natasha, get a good "day's" sleep today!

Ruth, enjoy your day and take something to nip that cold in the bud! With that much money on you, I'd maybe ask a friend to accompany you to the bank? Take care!

Cyndi, I hope that poor wee kitty finds a good home! You most likely saved it's life.

Sniff, sniff. Is that turkey I smell?

ETA -

Good morning Heidi! It sounds like you have a pleasant drive back to MA planned. Drive safely, and enjoy the ride! And I hope the scale is very good to you!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-11-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good Monday morning everyone!

I am glad the weekend is over. Today DH leaves town for just over a week. he is driving to CO to meet a friend then they will head on to Utah for several days of camping/hiking. So it will be me and my teen at home. No biking while he is gone since he is my repairman when I get a flat etc. My eating has been horrible and I have gained weight so I am going to use this time to go back on PH 1 again.

Have a great day
Old 10-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Mayhem here! Thx for getting us started, Natasha. Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!

We just got back from walking with the pups. I have so much on my plate I had almost decided to ditch water yoga but exercise is important. I'll try and finish the cookbook when I get home and then we have to move a bed this afternoon. It's important for me to stay OP today-this weekend had several indisgressions with all the special events. I have a plan;
1. protein smoothie and vitamins-done
2. have a fresh veggie juice when I get back from the pool
3. pull out freezer soup for lunch-done
4. make a plan for dinner-done

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Everyone! No personals for me today, I won't get into the nasty gorey details of how I haven't been good but as of this morning I am back and kicking. I plan to work on a vision board in the next couple of days and I usually put it on the fridge, well, I have thought about it and its going at eye level with the potty in my bathroom! LOL, I figure that is always the first place I go when I wake and the last place I go before bed so hopefully that will be a good place for it, and since dh and I use separate bathrooms it won't be visible to anyone but myself! The coffee is done, and its a bit overwhelming coming back after a long weekend and seeing all those bold blue threads I need to catch up on! SO I am off to get my coffee and get crackin on catching up!

Spreading a little around for everyone today and hoping this isn't a monday full of mayhem(I do like those insurance commercials with the mayhem guy though! lol)
Old 10-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

from the mayhem I'm down a pound as of yesterday today is crazy!!
hopefully bbl!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good morning all! My Aunt is coming soon so we're cleaning. Have a nice day.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Crappy weekend of eating so I am back on the wagon this morning. I need to get cracking to meet my goal for Christmas time. Goal is to lose .5 to 1 lb a week.

Sounds like everyone is doing well hanging in there as well.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 10-11-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Just got a call and I am heading to hangout with my mom and one of her highschool friends, its always fun and this has made me realize(I did know, but I guess this is a test)there are always always obstacles! So, today is a test for me... I will not be eating dairy and I will stay OP! PERIOD!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry ladies..no time to read everything...but hello to all

Just wanted to share. This morning was my weigh in after two weeks on Phase 1. Week one I lost 5.6 lbs. Week 2 I lost 1.8. For a total of 7.4 lbs gone after Phase 1!! Woot!! I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. At the beginning of the year I did SB and lost about 25 lbs. Then I plateaued for over a month, got discouraged and just quit caring for a bit. I had stalled at 190-192, I just kept fluctuating with those 2 lbs!! It's like my body was refusing to go into the 180's. So....I restarted phase 1 two weeks ago. Weighed in at 191.8 last week and thought...no biggy, I will totally be in the 180's this week. So, this morning I get on the scale.....and it says 190.0 argh!! so frustrating!!! But, I'm over it...moving on....this just means that NEXT week I'll be in the 180's....lol sigh....I'm still happy with a 1.8 lbs loss for the week...that ain't too shabby. I just sort of felt like one of the people on Biggest Loser...where you lose a good amount of weight...but still aren't satisified...lol

Okay...nuff about that...just had to share real quick. I should get some work done!!! Have a super fab day ladies!!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #15  

Had a pretty dull day, which isn't a bad thing, but I don't have much to contribute! Hope you all had a pleasant Monday!
Closed Thread