Old 10-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Red Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 4 (10/11-10/17)

Hey team. Like I said I'm posting these up a little early tonight. Seeing some good numbers being posted for weigh ins. Good luck to everyone! Let's continue this weeks thread by talking about any crockpot recipes you use that you enjoy.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #2  
MeTime

Sorry team. I'm using my first freebie this week. I did some extensive exercise this past week as you can see if you look in my workout journal on that thread...and I have some massive water weight going on. I'll take my freebie this week and work on dropping some of that weight for next weigh in. Congrats to others who are seeing great losses this week.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #3  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

sha25~ **Giggle** Tampon in her ears, **Giggle**

alwe74~ Migraines, ugh, how are you feeling?

tambolina
~ Thanks for posting those recipes!!! They look super yummy!

JasonsLea~ Hot guys are always a bonus!

dudesmom~ Sorry to hear you're feeling down Thank you for the positive words about my big step!

shan84~ CONGRATS on your hike!!! Cutting your time in half is AMAZING!!! It really means a lot to me to hear of how other people have had positive outcomes from big changes

lindalee9~ Congrats on your loss this week!!!

julie99s~ Congrats on your loss this week!!!

charmtime~ You got this! Keep your head up!

Serval87~ How are you doing?

Angie~ How was your Holiday?

TERAPET~ Congrats on your new job!!!

I know I'm a lil late on the questions... but here they are...

What is the first concert you ever attended and what do you remember most about it? I want details!! Oh, and if you have never attended a concert, what would be your dream concert to attend?

I was babysitting my niece, and we went to see LeAnn Rimes... Not normally something I would have gone to see as I have been to TONS of concerts since them, only one of which was a country concert. The rest were all Alternative artists...

Do you cook during the winter time with a crock pot? Do you have any favorite recipes?

I cook ALL winter long and use my crockpot at least once every couple of weeks. Last week I made an AMAZING Pot Roast (WW recipe).

Weekend is already over, ugh. Back to school tomorrow. I'm sorry I posted a small gain this week, but I am going to try something new this week... No meat. We'll see how that goes...

Here's to a good week...

Last edited by KimL1214; 10-10-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Checking in from Waterton. We did a nice long hike yesterday (my pedometer logged ~32,000 steps)
We're in a hotel tonight and grateful since it's raining here. Tomorrow we'll head home, but we've had an enjoyable weekend spending family time together.
Hope everyone is doing well and ready to rock week 4!

First concert: Hall and Oats!

Cook with a crockpot?: not as much as I should! Usually I make black bean soup in the crock pot.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/245/150

Height: 5'8"

Almost done with my move. For a week i stayed with a friend who does not have internet or tv - that was interesting. Haven't unpacked my scale yet but judging from my jeans nothing changed too much!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: (High:270) C:212/210.4/160

Height: 5'5

so sorry I missed weigh in!!

I'll be gone next weekend as well so I'll weigh in Thursday so I don't miss it again.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #7  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday (is that an oxymoron?? lol) team! I'm far more chipper than I should be on a Monday while the girls are fighting as they get ready for school. On my way to the gym. Hoping for an hour on the eliptical, but we'll see. Foot still banged up, zumba and bosu out of the question for a few more days I think.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

luckybustert-I vaguely recall Black Oak Arkansas. My first concert was Grand Funk Railroad in Omaha.They later did a song titled "We Are An American Band" that referenced a wild party in Omaha and we all speculated who was referrred to in the lyrics!

CanadaMel-I just went to an outdoor Hall & Oates concert in the spring. It was pouring rain but it was still great because that music is just plain fun.

I use my crockpot quite a bit during the winter but it is just the usual-beef stew, pork ribs or bean soup. I am not sure if any of those fit in my food plan anymore. My old recipes are probably pretty high in calories. I am not sure what I will be eating this winter but I would like to incorporate more soup and the crockpot might be the way to go.

Last edited by TERAPET; 10-11-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #9  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Shan - sounds like you must be in some pain after your tough workouts! I hope the water gain comes off quickly for you.

KimL - My Thanksgiving was awesome, thanks for asking I am sooo glad I used my Friday weight for this week, I've gained 5 pounds this weekend!! I'll be working on it for the rest of the week.

Grneyegrl -- Sounds like an interesting week...must have given you lots of time to think and chat!

Crockpot -- I love it, especially in winter I probably use it at least once per week. Chili, spaghetti sauce, sweet and sour chicken, roasts...I'm going to try more stuff with chicken this winter, I haven't experimented much with that.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:20 AM   #10  
MeTime

Hey red team. Sorry I was MIA for the day. Spent a day away at a cabin in the woods with the bf. Good times and beautiful weather!

Just finished our results for this past week. Please please please remember to weigh in each week. You DO NOT have to wait until Sunday to weigh in. Red team is now down to 27 members. Let's stay 27 members strong!!!

GO RED
Old 10-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #11  
MeTime

Our results:

Biggest Loser:
Aclai4067 -5lbs, -2.06%

Honorable Mentions:
JasonsLea -5lbs, -1.82%
sha25 -3.2lbs, -1.74%
tambolina -2.19lbs, -1.33%

Congrats to all of our losers!! Way to go!!! Let's keep it up and keep moving for Week 4!

For myself personally, I am going to stop weighing in daily, and start weighing in only once a week. I don't usually count everyday when I weigh in, but its starting to play mind games with me and I don't want to bother with it anymore. On another note, the bf and I will join the boxing academy here on the island tomorrow. It will be my first workout with that tomorrow and I'm super nervous and very excited. Also tomorrow is the first day back to work after a 4 day vacation. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday here!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #12  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Congrats to all the losers!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #13  

Hi Red team I just post the results and want to say Congratulations to the Red Team for winning the week 3 challange. Great job!!!

Also to all the Canadians on the team I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving
Old 10-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #14  
MeTime

CONGRATS TEAM!!!! We won the week 3 weigh in!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:43 AM   #15  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
CONGRATS TEAM!!!! We won the week 3 weigh in!
Yay to those of you that helped make us winners this week!

I had a rough day, kids were crazy, I have the worst PMS that I've ever had, and my cat is very sick and may not be with us very much longer. It's been a pretty emotional day, but my one victory is that I stayed on plan today with both food and exercise. I'm hoping when I wake up tomorrow, my hormones will be in check, my children will be behaving like perfect little angels, and my cat will be cured. If that doesn't happen, I'm hoping I can at least stay on plan again! Have a good night, all!