South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #1  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Default A little nervous, need support.

Starting day one tomorrow. I am a little nervous because I have had so many failures in diet attempts in the past. This time though, in addition to just starting a program, I am tackling some of my deeper issues.

I am starting before my DH because he is going to be out of town a lot this upcoming week and would rather wait. I realize I am lucky to have a DH who wants to SBit with me (actually, he was the one who suggested it)

I need to go plan out my food before bed tonight. I am sooooooooo nervous. I don't think I can handle another seeming failure

I plan to make slow cooked black bean soup for dinner. I haven't even looked through the book today to make any shopping list. I need to figure out vegetables. I tend to be such a perfectionist that I drive myself crazy.
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #2  

I know it may seem hard, but if you want to make a life-long successful change in the way that you eat, you really shouldn't strive for perfection, but instead for consistency and longevity. I can't take credit for this mantra, but I think it's is worth repeating.

There will be days that will not be good, but you will just need to put that day behind you and move forward. Failure in one way or another happens to all of us. It's how we decide to handle even a small failure that will determine our path to success. If you have a bad day, just get back on program and make the next day better!

It will be okay. I carried around 50 lb. of extra weight for 3 years before I was ready to do anything about it. During those 3 years, I tried to lose the weight many times by various methods, but I never had the right plan for my lifestyle, and honestly my heart just wasn't in it for the fight. I wasn't ready, so I would last 2-3 days and then just give up. Then one random day (my husband and I were driving to the metro to buy the kids shoes) I hit the breaking point, and haven't looked back since. I have eaten things that have not been on plan, but when I did (and do) it has been a decision I have made to intentionally go off diet, enjoy the heck out of the food, and then get back on track at the next meal, next day, etc. without guilt or feeling like I failed.

You can do this. We are here to support you. Have a great 1st day of P1!!!!
SusanMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #3  
Queen of shifting minds

Thanks SusanMay

I had scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast and a bite of turkey sausage (lowfat) I thought the sausage tasted bad, so I only ate a bite. My tummy feels empty and funny, I may go in for a handful of cashews or a cheese stick in a moment.

DD and I then grocery shopped and I stocked up on things that are on plan.

I really feel ready, I was at a low point.

The idea of never having certain foods ever again seems daunting, but I guess I will find my balance. I am still a little nervous though. I usually do well for a week or so, lose weight and then go off of program (I have never done SBD though)

Old 10-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

You can have treats in P3! Good luck.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #5  
Queen of shifting minds

I realized I needed to have veggies with breakfast, I am planning for tomorrow. Today is kitchen day, cooking for the week (at least part of it.)
Old 10-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
The idea of never having certain foods ever again seems daunting, but I guess I will find my balance. I am still a little nervous though. I usually do well for a week or so, lose weight and then go off of program (I have never done SBD though)
I really believe that the key to long term success is to never say never. I had my first potatoes in a year last week and to tell you the truth, they just weren't that great. Changing your eating habits is a process that doesn't change overnight...you ease into it.

Yes, you will lose weight faster the closer you stick to plan right now. That is important to kick in the motivation as you start to feel better. When the day comes that you DO eat something off plan-just get back on track right away and don't beat yourself up over it. Learning to be kind to myself through this process has been really important.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #7  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Good luck! I had great mini -success with this diet so far (15 pounds!!! Woot!). I am re-starting phase I tomorrow. It is really so easy once you get the hang of it! My plan is to do Phase 1 for about 2 weeks every month (last month being my first month) and then doing 1.5 for the remainder of the month until I reach my goal weight. I've tried other methods of 'dieting' they don't work. South Beach does because it's about lifestyle

Best of luck. The people on here are wonderful inspiration and motivation!
Bellissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #8  
Queen of shifting minds

Thank you, I'm feeling better about it. I weighed today and it was less than I thought it would be

This is day 2, I am eating spinach quiche cups for breakfast. The hard part is planning meals and being prepared.

I have a better feeling about it now that I have completed day one

xoxo