Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default Asking Santa for an elliptical or treadmill this year? Consumer Reports Best Buys

Consumer Reports magazine has compiled their list of best holiday gifts this year. For the fitness buff, they recommend two ellipticals.

One is the Nautilus NE 2000, which retails for $2,299 and looks pretty snazzy! Amazon.com offers it with free shipping at Check out the Nautilus NE2000 Elliptical Trainer

The other is much more affordable. The Schwin 418 retails for $800, but Amazon.com happens to have it for only $649 and free shipping!
Check out the Schwinn 418 Elliptical Trainer

Amazon has a wide variety of treadmills and ellipticals with fantastic prices and free shipping! View more ellipticals or treadmills that ship from Amazon.com.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #2  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up

Coolbeans! Thank you very much!

That's all I asked Santa for this year is things to aid me in being a Skinny chick.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #3  
diamondgeog

Default For March the 418 is $500

Amazon's price is now $599 with free shipping. But for March they are taking $100 off selected Schwinn equipment and the 418 is included. Nothing to do the $100 comes off automatically.

But be sure to select free shipping (not the deafualt) otherwise it is over $110 to ship.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #4  
CHEEZBURGER!

S/C/G: 149/147/135

Height: 5'3"

We have one of the Schwinn ones, purchased from Amazon, and it works pretty well. The only problem is the "fit". It's as if it's made for taller people.

We both have to lean a bit forward to use the arm thingies, and it's kind of a strain on our backs. Apparently this is a common problem with ellipticals.

So I'd say, if you are of somewhat short stature (say, 5'5" or under), if you can, take your elliptical for a test drive. That is, seek one out at a used equipment store or local gym, if you can.

Last edited by grrlscout; 03-12-2010 at 01:06 PM.
grrlscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 334/267/232 (For now)

Height: 5'2"

I love elliptical. I'm 5'2" and I have no issues with it. It is a Horizon EX 57. Great product!
tamia is offline   Reply With Quote