South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chick Chat

It's here! We made it to Friday! And the start of my 3-day weekend!

And I actually got to come early yesterday, too. Cindy got in at noon, and we sat and had a cup of tea while she told me all about her trip, then said to go on home and enjoy a long weekend.

So I have the washer going already, and I plan to do housecleaning this morning, then the rest of the day is all mine. I may run over to Mom & Dad's for a little visit, but I don't have any set plans.

As soon as I'm finished this cup of coffee, I must run over to the store for some milk. There was barely enough left for this cup.

So, how is your Friday shaping up?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Linda, we had the same milk experience this morning. There was just enough milk for Mom and I to have our tea, but we had yogurt and berries for breakfast because we both like milk on our oatmeal.

I've got school today but it feels like a holiday because my mom is coming along with me. We had a great time yesterday, shopped our way through Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine. LOL I know I said I didn't NEED anything, but I still managed to find a couple of tops on and a new pair of sneakers that I just couldn't pass up. We hit a lot of fun and hit some great sales, too.

Ah, mom's ready to leave, so I'll sign off.
Enjoy your Friday friends.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage and Chicks yet to arrive It's the start of a perfect fall weekend around here. The leaf peepers are already heading this way so I have to plan for traffic.

Cottage - Enjoy your unplanned day!

Heidi, enjoy the day with your Mom

I'm at the old office today. The party was very nice yesterday. I won't mention food but it was a definite Phase 3 treat. Today I'm detoxing because I know those carbs just love me. I did end up with a very nice gift certificate for the wine store from the staff and another from the board for a local gourmet pizza restaurant (looks like they have really nice salads too). Today I will sign my consultant contract for Oct. and Nov. and hope they hire someone and I have them trained by then. I am looking forward to not having divided attention.

It was a great week at the new job. I had 2 very successful events and feel like I really have a handle on things now.

Tomorrow I head to the folks for the long weekend. I have a meeting on the way but I'll trade that for Tuesday morning so it works. Tonight DW and I are having an actual date night that does not involve politics! Off to hear a Friends band, eat some salad and drink some wine.

Hope your Friday is sunny and makes way for the weekend without and surprises.

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-08-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Heidi! How nice is that, that your mother is going to school with you. I know your students will enjoy that, and probably be full of questions for her about when you were little, LOL! It sounds like you two had a lot of fun shopping yesterday and found some good sales!

Cyndi! Have fun tonight!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-08-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:43 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hello earlybirds! I've been chugging away at the cookbook while it's quiet and forgot to stop by Oops, sorry! I'm down to the wire on this. Pool at 9 Yay! Then back to recipes....I hear my Mom and Sis may show up here tomorrow so I'd better get some organizing and cleaning done, too.

Gotta run today...life is more complicated when the troops rise and I hear some stirring.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

The truly most glorious weather in NC is right now. My laundry is already flapping on the line. Tomorrow I fly out to Oregon to stay with my sister for a few weeks. She hasn't seen me in a year. I'm going to knock her eyes out at the airport. Slinky trousers,a body-skimming top and little pumps. Dressed to the nines to fly cross-country. Of course I'll stick out like a sore thumb amongst the jeans and sweatshirts....but just this once I want to be seen. That's what happens when you know you're looking good!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #7  

Good morning all! Sounds like a lot of family-time going on amongst you all. How wonderful! I won't be seeing my family until we celebrate Christmas, which will be over New Years this year.

Another bad day for us in the world of baseball yesterday, but the rest of the day was good. I took a clothing gamble on ebay last night on a pair of Lucky Brand jeans and won the auction. Vanity sizing is driving me nuts right now, but the auction had the actual physical measurements as well as the size. I'm hope they fit well! Today is grocery shopping (I'm having home delivery, because grocery shopping with my kids is one of my least favorite things - ever) and I need to run out to Target for a few things too.

Have a beachy day!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! TGIF! We dropped Voodoo at the vet this morning...... she's getting spade today. Her first night away from home tonight too! SNIFFLE. Fortunately she was so excited to see where the "nice" lady was taking her that she didn't turn around to see us leave. Whew. I would have lost it. (Yes I'm stupid about my dog.) Chris and I both stood there watching her trot away, tail wagging and bouncing along happily. And I was very good not to scream "MOMMY LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!" across the building. At least she has her Teddy and her blankie there to keep her company in the cold jail cell they'll have her in......

Some of you may have seen this but others probably haven't. I've attached the most recent pic of Voodoo. Our sweet little psycho!

Anyway gotta get back to work. Hope everyone is well! Have a great day

Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voodoo5mos.jpg (25.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Chickies! I did NOT succeed with my waking up early this week! I will try again come Monday

Natasha- Im probably the only wierdo who will ever say this but the snake is beautiful! lol, Although I wish it would stay off the path! someone is gonna get it if it keeps it up! You're doggie is super cute too...I can just imagine her trotting along next to you!

Cottage- Enjoy your 3day weekend! and by all means, grab some more milk! lol

Heidi- sounds like a fun day with mom! Enjoy today with her too! I am sure she will be a big help too!

Cyndi- I wish I was among those peepers, there is nothing like vermont in the fall... The smokies are close and amazing but its just a bit different! Glad you are enjoying the new job! Sounds like a lovely party

Debbie- I hope that image isn't how you are feeling about the cookbook or us! lol Enjoy the pool!

4x-great you are feeling good about yourself, I am always impressed by the people who are dressing up to fly! I always assume they must be on business!!! I always wear my comfy jeans and take my hoodie for comfort ;0)

Susan- I can't wait until I am in need of new clothes.. Ebay is a great way to cut the cost on weight loss clothes, I usually sell mine and buy more, or that but backwards

Lisa- Voodoo has gotten big and is still beautiful!!! Spaying is an easy procedure, sounds like she is very social... I know the vet hospital I worked at if there was a doggie that wanted attention and was sweet we'd always give it some extra ;0)

As for me... Today is a - rush around get my lazy butt in gear for real- day... All week I didn't get much accomplished and we're having company tonight. Baking an apple pie for dessert, dh wanted pumpkin but I have fresh apples to use up and the apple pie won't tempt me and I know I am not in the right mindset to resist the pumpkin(myfave)... SO I have mucho cleaning to do today gonna get on the pie first, then I have to make some more sweet potato gnocchi- I told mom about it and she had requested I cook it for dinner tonight. Also, we were supposed to go out for a friend's bday tomorrow and they've changed it to tonight and its now an hour away. ugh, I think we'll still try to make it but that is a long day for me and we'll see how we feel later before making that decision OK, off to get the chores going and pie started!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Voodoo is out of surgery and resting comfortably, although she was sick from the anesthesia so they had to ask permission to give her something to make her stop yarfing. Poor baby girl. She's going to get nauseous every time we drive toward that end of town.

Rikki - Yeah she is VERY social. Only barks if she has to go potty and it's urgent (or her food bowl is missing, like this morning....) I can just hear her thought process this morning.... "The scale? YAYYYYY! I love the scale! Other dogs? YAYYYYY! I love other dogs! A little room? YAYYYYY! I love little rooms! A needle? YAYYYYY hey wait a minute...."
Old 10-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

I am having a bad day. So much so that I just went to the Thursday chat to catch up and wondered why it was closed! Yikes! I am heading out to the store for some last minute stuff for our guests and I WILL NOT buy anything chocolate no matter how much I want it right now!!!!! Okay, whining over. Sorry.

Worked out with my mom; she is back after several weeks in China. Got in a shorter bike ride before our first guests arrived. They are out having a late lunch with DH right now.

I am going to fight off the stress eating cravings this weekend. Wish me strength!!

Gotta run. Hugs all.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Plugging away on P2! I am feeling good.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

TGIF, ladies!!! I got up bright and early this morning (well, 1100 hrs...that's bright and early FOR ME considering I went to bed at 0730 hrs) and spent all day up until now running errands and shopping. Struck out almost everywhere unfortunately, but I did catch a sale on Southbeach bars at Kroger and stocked up for my go-bag I'm going to make up soon. Got a pot of broccoli cheese soup (from the recipe listed here) on the stove simmering right now and we've scratched the plans for the fair tonight and plan on going next week during the week instead. Oh, and YAY I found my Schwinn bike I wanted at K-mart and put it on layaway today...whoo hoo!!!

Heidi - How cool that your mom is going to get to see you at work in action...that's awesome!!! My mom sat in and listened to me one day and was surprised at how different I am on the phone (I'm a very laid back person and when dealing w/ frantic 911 callers you have to be able to be assertive and calm them down w/o being rude). She's never asked to come back and listen again...LOL I bet your students had fun w/ your mom being there...hope they got at least 1 good embarrassing story about you out of her, LOL

Cyndi - I wish I was one of those peepers!!! I visited a friend around Boston back in October of 2006 and it was so pretty up there. So glad you're liking the new job so far!!!

Lexxis - Hope you had a less hectic day than it sounds like you're having...eek!!!

4xcharm - Have fun in Oregon!!! And I think it's AWESOME that you're gonna knock her socks off. Good for you!!!

Weezle - Awwww, glad your baby is okay. My Shadow has her own little monogrammed blanket and she will whine and pace up and down the hall until we come back there and tuck her in. So I totally get your attachment to your fur baby. Shadow got sick from the anesthesia when we had her spayed, too, and threw up twice. She was slow moving the first day or so but by the end of the second day she was jumping around like her old self. Worry not...your Voodoo will be just fine. And you are cracking me up w/ your dog's thought process. Shadow does NOT like the needles...it took 3 people to hold her down for her last shot. Eek!!!

rdw1 - Eek!!! A snake, beautiful!?!?!? YUCK!!! I am not a snake person AT ALL...but the way I looked at it yesterday was that I was traipsing through his environment, not the other way around. So I snapped my picture (from as far away as possible), kept my dog close by my side, and walked around him while warning those heading that way that he was there. Thanks...my Shadow is my sweet fat little princess. I've worn her out w/ our walks lately, LOL Have fun on your night out for your friend's birthday!!!

WaistingTime - Good luck resisting your cravings...you can do it!!!

I've had this window up for probably 2 hours now, so there's no telling how many posts are between the last one I responded to and now. I was not impressed w/ the broccoli cheese soup. I had to do a lot of editing and it still didn't quite make it to where I wanted it to be. So I've thrown it in the fridge for now and I'll probably end up freezing it to use as a sauce for chicken at a later date. Oh well. Got some rotel dip in the crock pot now, so that will be supper.
Closed Thread