Old 10-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #1  

Default Looking for info about new WW program in Dec

I was mentioning to a friend of mine about maybe rejoining WW. She is a WW leader and said I might want to wait until Dec when they start a new program. She hasn't been trained about it yet. I am unsure about joining, learning and then learning something different in a matter of weeks. Any info about new program?
pinkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #2  

I think they keep pretty tight lipped about any new stuff. Make ya wait. I have heard as well, I think it was here someone mentioned it. I asked about it elsewhere and said they dont talk about new programs.

You can jon for free now, either online or go to meetings.

I will wait and see what is new with them.
cookinmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/263/120

Height: 5'6

What do you think it could be? now im curious lol
atotallynewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #4  

Maybe its a vegan plan, with no added fats. McDougall program. Eat all ya want and count nothing. Eat your veggies, grains and starches and lose weight. Minimal processed foods, if any.
cookinmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #5  

There is a little discussion of this in the "momentum" sub-folder but no details.

I re-joined WW today. I'm not concerned about the program changing just 2 months after I started. Should help keep things fresh and interesting. And, if I don't like the new plan, I still have the materials for the old plan which I can follow.

Our leader vaguely hinted at some of the changes but not enough that I could gather any ideas about what the changes might be.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184.4/169.2/140

Height: 5'3"

Though nothing is set in stone....I'm "hearing" (from boards and such) that the entire formula for calculating points will change. Now they're using Calories, Fat & Fiber; but apparently carbs and protein will be thrown into the equation. I started 6 weeks ago and when I wanted to buy the food scale, the instructor advised me not to as the system was changing and point values will be wrong.

I've also heard that fruits & veggies (with the exception of the starchy ones) will all be 0 points. And snacky things (100 calorie packs, etc..) will increase in points. Guess they want you to choose a fruit over a cake.

I'm hoping it isn't an overly drastic change....the program as is, is working so well for me! And it's something I *can* do!
stratcat45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

I am very curious about the new plan too. Have to wait and see I suppose. I am hoping that it is good!
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #8  

And while you are waiting for the new plan, you could gain more weight. Why not start now?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I'm glad I found this thread because I read about the program change in the new issue of Weight Watchers Magazine. For a minute there I got a little scared because I've really become comfortable with the program and have been on plan for 9 months. EEK! I wonder what they have in store for us, hopefully it doesn't leave us frustrated!

Last edited by KimberlyP; 10-26-2010 at 10:04 AM.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/180/165

Height: 5'3

I am glad they are making more fruits and veggies 0! Sometimes if I am having a really bad day, I don't count the one-point fruits and veggies anyway, because I figure at least I ate too many apples instead of cookies!

I am excited to see what the new changes are! I am getting so savvy at the current system, I don't even need the slider anymore. So this will be good for me!
bannabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

I'm also anxious to see the "new program." However, that doesn't mean you can't keep doing what's working for you.
Some people still use old, old books and continue to lose!

Last edited by Tina; 10-26-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #12  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
I'm also anxious to see the "new program." However, that doesn't mean you can't keep doing what's working for you.
Some people still use old, old books and continue to lose!

this is very true. At the end of the day...if the current plan works...then stick with it...especially if you've been doing it for a while, you know how the program works for you.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #13  

I've been on every plan since 1971 and each one has worked better than the last. I had over 30 years on maintenance in there.

I think everyone should give the new plan an honest 6-week trial. Then if you think the old plan was better go back to it but you can't say you are doing WW anymore.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #14  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

At our meetings too they have mentioned changes coming in December. Our leader just tells us that it will be important to come to the meeting that day to learn about it. She says we will like it. I think she said that the leaders have been using the new plan for a few weeks ~ I couldn't hear all she said though.

She did say that the calculator we have now wouldn't work with the new plan, but that during the month of December they would be selling the new stuff (or some of it anyway) I think for 1/2 off.

One of the members mentioned like QuilterInVA did that she has been on the several different versions and they have all worked and each one has been better than the last.

It would be great if some of the fruits were zero points like the vegetables. I like vegetables, but sometimes that is just now what I have a taste for.

The points thing has seemed easy to me ~ I have pretty much been able to stick with it. I have messed up a few times, but it is not the fault of the program.

I am looking forward to finding out what these new changes are. Anything that will help me
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #15  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Check this article out:
http:// www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ article-1326447/Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-plan-A- new-approach-dieting-success.html

Has some GREAT information. If this is the plan they are starting in the US in December I am all for it! Sounds like it is pretty successful for lots of people in the UK, and they officially released it there at the beginning of November. Can't wait!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote