Old 10-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W Halloween Challenge Week 5

Week 5 is here! Halloween is coming!

Ok I feel horrible, I think I have a touch of food poisoning from eating out on Saturday night. So no workout for me today, and I may cancel PT. I'll wait to see how I feel later this afternoon. Ive been sick about 14 hours so I hope it gets better. soon.

No WEED today. I just want to keep my food down.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #2  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Jeni ~ I hope you feel better soon.

I had a busy weekend. Didn't get in the Zumba workout at all, but yesterday signed up for a free 7 days at 24 hour fitness and did 30 minutes on the treadmill (at 1 incline and 3.5 mph) and then 5 minutes on the stair climber machine. Did better than usual on my weekend water intake and stayed on plan for food. Woke up yesterday with a sore throat and the beginnings of chest congestion and today it's worse. My throat is killing me. Went to the gym this morning - managed 10 minutes on the treadmill to warm up and then 5 minutes on the stair climber at a level of 4-5. The machine said that what I completed was equal to 7 floors.

W - 100+ ounces
E - Gym a.m. and p.m.
E - 1200-1400 calories
D - ???
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Real brief....body is screwed up and pissing me off. Working out, eating right, TOM just hanging out a bit for a week now. YUCKY!!!! SOrry to be a downer. Gotta go pay bills, grade papers etc. etc. Catch up later.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #4  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hello All!!

JC - I hope you feel better, food poisoning is horrid!!
MamaP - take care of yourself, herbal tea with some lemon in it, and cuddle up with a warm blankie.

Tiger - TOM is the bane of my existance and does a number on me too. Hang in there!!

W- 64oz +
E- under 1500 calories, can have a snack in a bit
E- 3 mile walk this morning - zumba class this evening
D - realized today that exercising does improve my mood.
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/172/152

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all. One day of eating on plan, drinking more water and a little exercise and I feel so much better! Angel (or do you prefer another name?) - I agree with you 100% that exercise improves mood, adds optimism, helps one solve problems.... Why don't I do it more? I know from previous experience that I just have to do it for a while and it will become something I crave almost as much as I crave sweets.

Jeni, Kris (that's you MamaP right?) - Feel better! Mindy - this too will pass!

Have a great day everyone - Jeanette

W: 64 oz.
E: 1400 calories
E: 30 min elliptical
D: Clean my bedroom really well tonight
Momto6inOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #6  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

WillsAngel & Jeanette ~ thank you. Unfortunately I feel worse today - the congestion is getting worse and my throat is worse. Living on cough drops. I drank some Theraflu last night and slept pretty good, but still feel worse today. Got up and went to the gym anyway - managed 30 minutes on the treadmill. Yesterday's WEED went well - had 120+ ounces of water, didn't go back to the gym in the evening but still managed almost an hour of activity according to my GWF. My calories for the day were around 1350.

Today:

W: 100 ounces
E: Gym am and pm
E: 1200-1400 calories
D: Still ?????
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #7  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear there's a bug going around (I had a go at it last week) and hope everyone starts feeling better!

Momto6 - I, too, need to be reminded (often!) how good I feel after exercising. It is such a lift to the spirit, yet sometimes I have to drag myself through it!

My WEED:
W - 8 X 8oz
E - my pedometer stalls at around 4,000 steps, so that's my minimum; add on weight training and/or cardio as energy allows
E - stay on plan, esp. low sodium!
D - just get through radiation therapy - day 7/25 today (already making me tired!)

Last edited by SeaWave; 10-06-2010 at 08:08 AM.
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/172/152

Height: 5'9"

Hi Seawave! Nice to "meet" you. Kris - you are inspiring to me! I've never even considered exercising when I have a bad cold. Where there's a will, there's a way! I am getting a cold myself, unfortunately. Scratchy throat, sinus pain... taking Airborne to hopefully keep cold from getting bad. Almost TOM, too, so I pretty much feel like a balloon with legs. LOL... Yesterday, I went over my calories by about 200 (about 1600 instead of 1400) but I'm okay with doing that every now and again. Just don't want to go 500 or 1000 over which is not that difficult to do without portion control or avoiding bowls the ice cream the size of Mount Everest (like my husband can have because he is a runner and has a physical job.)

Jeni - thinking about you and hoping you are recovering from your bug.

W: 64 oz.
E: 30 minutes elliptical (PUSH BEYOND the low energy!)
E: 1400 calories
D: Focus on my job until 5, get something done around house tonight
Momto6inOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Morning. I was way sick yesterday, I even called in. I rarely do that.

Anyhow I am feeling better (I think) so I am going to head to the gym this morning. It will be a light workout today, I don't want to over do it. Then I think I will hit the steam room.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #10  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Jeni - glad you are feeling better.

Momto6 - thank you. I can usually come up with just about any excuse not to exercise, but I have 4 weeks until the ball and am tired of the way things are moving. My biggest problem is consistency.

Met my son, the MMA fighter, at the gym last night and he put through an hour long workout, which I think he thoroughly enjoyed. 20 minutes on the treadmill, 6 minutes on the rowing machine, various exercises with some free weights and 5 lb dumbells, a couple of the machines for arms and upper back, another one that is for your abs and lower back then finished with about 6 minutes on the elliptical and then a walk around the gym. I wish he could work with me a few times a week but he's not the most reliable person (for me) and he's training for a big fight right now. I was actually surprised he took the time to come last night. After the gym I went home and had a protein shake for dinner and a nice soak in the tub. Surprisingly I'm not as sore today as I expected, yet. Getting ready to walk down 26 flights of stairs (annual fire drill in our building). Most years I try to avoid it by leaving the building early but this year I'm actually looking forward to it - I don't know why. I think it might help work out some of the stiffness from last night (either that or make it worse). Still feel like crud - my throat is killing me and my chest is pretty tight from the congestion but I'm trying to fight it off. The Theraflu helps me sleep, but is really disgusting and it doesn't seem to make me feel any better (unless I would be worse without it?)

Yesterday's WEED was good. Burned a lot of calories - 30 minutes on the treadmill in the am and then the workout in the evening with my son. Got in over 140 ounces of water and my calories were within range.

Today:

W: 100 ounces
E: walk down 26 flights of stairs
E: 1200-1400 calories
D: survival
Old 10-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #11  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

MamaP~ I hope you feel better soon! That's really neat that your son came and helped you out (or should I say ) in the gym!

jcatron243~ How was the gym? Glad to hear you're feeling a little better!

Momto6inOH~ Hope you feel better soon! My ex used to be able to eat anything and not gain a lb., pretty frustrating to watch, but he also used to show off the food he could eat even though he knew it hurt my weight loss (one reason why we're no longer together).

SeaWave~ Radiation, ugh, how are you feeling?

WillsAngel
~ How are you doing?

mtiger~ Don't worry about a downer post now and then, we all have them, and need them. I hope you're feeling better!

Exercise isn't going to happen today but I HAVE A PLAN to start getting back into tomorrow. Gym after school, followed by a hike on Friday. I'm working all weekend, so I'll get plenty of walking in then. I think I have finally kicked my cold, although I feel it every now and then, so I just need to try and get some more Vitamin C and SLEEP. Sleep has been a big issue over the past few nights, I think I MIGHT have got 6 hours last night. Only 4 hours last night.

10/6/10 WEED

W~ 100 oz. H20
E~ Goal is to NOT sit on the couch for longer then 10 min. stretches tonight once I get home
E~ Stay w/in WW points
D~ 8 HOURS OF SLEEP!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #12  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Hello all,

I forgot to weed yesterday Bad Me!!
For starters my District Manager made my resignation for work effective on Monday which is 4 weeks ahead of time - I was scheduled through the 24th..
that set me into a minor depression..my fault though, I was so unhappy at my job I complained and moaned to anyone who would listen - it came back to bite me in the *** - lesson learned. Here is yesterday's weed:

W-72 oz
e- rest day
e- 1600 cal
d- did not let my emotions control my eating

today's weed-

w - 64+
e - 1 1/2 mile walk this morning and belly dance dvd this afternoon
e- on target with calories
d- got my sister to walk with me, which is a HUGE thing!!

WIshing everyone who is sick and has a bug to feel better ((HUGS)))
everyone is doing so well......this is an awesome group!!!

KM- i am well, thanks for asking - dealing with unemployment for a month and really trying not to let it stress me out
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #13  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Good workout today. Still in the 177's. WHY???
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #14  
Calorie Counter

So I didn't make it to the gym yesterday. I doubt I will today. all the vomiting made my shoulder extremely sore. I did go to PT and she did a number on me too. So I am really sore.

back to basics for me again: get in water!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #15  
Calorie Counter

back to work for the day. but I am taking tomorrow off for Maks swim meet.

W 64 oz
E trying for 30 today
E 1400 cals
D keep my mind at work