South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #1  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Day 3 SBD....When does the "detox" end???

Hi chicks. My DH and I have just started the SBD for the first time. We are 3 days in and still feeling like crap We are so tired, headache, muscle aches, irritable, you name it, we got it. Neither one of us have had even a smell of refined carbs for the 3 days, so my question is; it really does get better, right? Sorry, just needing a pick me up and I know you are all great for that.
Plus I am having a real downer because I always have a couple glasses of wine every night to wind down after my boys are in bed, so I am dealing with that also.
Hope everyone else is doing ok and OP, cuz I am bustin' bun to be.
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I promise it gets better! I lost 10lbs on P1.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/171/139

Height: 5'4"

Are you getting your beans and dairy in?
chevauchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #4  
Call me Finki =)

Dairy and beans, yes. I love both and the roasted chickpeas are what are getting me through my crave for crunch. I had not read that either could help, thanks. I am making a meatball soup for dinner and will add some beans now to see if they help.

Last edited by Gelene; 10-06-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #5  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Ha! I just looked back over my posts in the Phase 1 support thread and saw that I was having a rough time on Days 2-4, with Day 4 being the low point.

Here's what I did on Day 2 to help (basically what the poster above suggested)
Quote:
I had a great day on Day 1. Today was not so good. I had a terrible headache, I felt too tired to do my planned run, I didn't feel like eating anything even though I was hungry... yuk. So through the afternoon, I thought about what the veterans say work when you're feeling blah: beans and dairy. I ate beans (split peas that I was preparing for part of dinner), dairy (yogurt that I had planned to eat after dinner), some almonds and made an unplanned protein smoothie. And I felt better! I finally managed to eat my planned lunch - spinach salad - with dinner, so all and all it didn't turn out too bad.
Hang in there, it gets much better!

Last edited by EmmaD; 10-06-2010 at 06:23 PM.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #6  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

it definitely does get better. it's the worst if you ate a lot of refined carbs and sugar before you started. I found day 3 to my worst, day 4 was a bit better and things were substantially better by the afternoon of my 5th day.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It gets better- take some ibuprofen or something for the headaches- it's only 2 weeks but trust me you'll see results, I think I lost 6-8 lbs on phase 1- it made me very happy
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

I promise, like the others said, it DOES get better. Just keep telling yourself "it's only two weeks and the results will be worth it!"
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #9  
Call me Finki =)

It's only two weeks, it's only two weeks, it's only two weeks! And I KNOW, it will be worth it! Thanks to you all, we are doing this as a family to change our lives forever and I am really encouraged by it. I can't wait to see where we all will be in Oct.2011!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #10  

Your body will grow acustom to your new way of eating, it just takes a little time.... I never really felt beans did much for the SB Flu, but dairy helped soooo much! Now, I know were are only suppose to have 2 cups a day, but when I was feeling the pain I was easily have 4 cups of skim milk aday, and I gotta tell you, the dairy made a world of difference (but its gotta be either milk or yogurt, cheese doesn't work the same).

That being said, it could also be due to a mild withdrawl of the wine, if your use to having that glass before bed, its like when someone who likes to wake up with that cup of coffee suddenly decides to quit, there are going to be ramifications.

Good luck to ya & I hope you are over your case of the 'nasties' soon!

Last edited by RiverGirl; 10-06-2010 at 11:58 PM.
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #11  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

This will pass, sounds like coffee detox, but much worse. I hope it passed quickly. I am about to embark on this journey so I will find out soon!

BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote