General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Diet Ice Cream

So, I have stumbled on this amazing new product that is called Quantum Gelato. My local ice cream store makes it and says that is amazingly healthy for you- boasting it has 20g protein, 9g fibre, and 2g fat. Carbs are also low. I had to give it a shot... and it tastes amazing!!! I hope this isn't considered cheating... because I have been eating it everyday as a mid-afternoon snack. It comes pre-portioned and has 180cal. Does anyone see anything wrong with including this is my diet.
Heatheram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #2  

As long as you are getting in all your fruits, vegetables, lean protein and dairy, enjoy!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i dont see a ploblem as long as it doesnt increase your cravings. anytime i eat yogurt icecream i notice i think about eating any kind more often. other chicks have noticed a similar reaction. but it depends on the person.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

sounds good. I'm a little suspicious that your first post is boosting a product though

Last edited by ringmaster; 10-05-2010 at 02:48 PM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
sounds good. I'm a little suspicious that your first post is boosting a product though
Ditto.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #6  

Thank you for the responses. The reason I ask... is because I am just starting a protein focused diet...and am concerned about finding something that I can stick to for the long-term, something that will promote a lifestyle change, rather than a fad diet, the benefit of finding so much protein in a "snack item" is what attracted me.
I do agree- that an indulgence- such as ice cream can lead to further cravings- and so that is definitely something for me to consider.
Heatheram is offline   Reply With Quote