Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Monday 10/04/2010

New to Ideal Protein or to 3fatchicks Ideal Protein forum? Please start here -- post your introduction, read this post and ask your questions in this thread.

Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: There are 2 requirements to have access to a signature, a weight ticker and private messages:
  • You must have been a member for 20 days.
  • You must have made 20 posts.
The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-04-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:40 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning everyone!

I hope you all have a great week. I had a great weekend, I did figure out my tummy problem it was broccoli!!

I found a picture of me in 1995 I couldn't believe my eyes I did not recognize myself for a minute oh my goodness...........I do feel proud of myself.

I was looking at alot of your pics, you all are such an inspiration, wow!! Has any one tried the pink lemonade? Is it good or just fair? I haven't had anything I didn't like.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Default Good Morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I hope you all have a great week. I had a great weekend, I did figure out my tummy problem it was broccoli!!

I found a picture of me in 1995 I couldn't believe my eyes I did not recognize myself for a minute oh my goodness...........I do feel proud of myself.

I was looking at alot of your pics, you all are such an inspiration, wow!! Has any one tried the pink lemonade? Is it good or just fair? I haven't had anything I didn't like.
Good morning all! I had a good weekend afterall after gaining then losing, then weighed myself again this morning and gained 1 lb!! BUT my husband said it best..."STOP weighing yourself every day!!" My official WI is tomorrow morning, so I'm excited to see what I have lost this week. I haven't cheated one bit and followed the advice of you guys and cut my walking back to 30 minutes-no incline.

I have tried the pink lemonade and thought it was ok. I like lemonade in the summer, but get heartburn if I drink too much, so I haven't gotten anymore of it. I LOVE the chocolate and the mango peach drinks. I'm going to try the crepes this upcoming week.

Can anyone tell me how to get the weight ticker at the bottom of my page? Thanks!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Monday Morning!! Friendly Reminder--

Had a great weekend...and look forward to another terrific IP week!!

Reminder--everyone taking part in the 20lbs by Hallowe'en Challenge to post this week's weight...we all are doing terrific!!

Congrats to everyone with great NSV and SV!!!

Welcome to all the Newbies!! You have found one of the most important tools for success on the IP Eating Program...THIS FORUM!!! It is full of information, support and friendship!!!

Have a great Monday

Last edited by Journeysend; 10-04-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Smile

I wish for everyone a Blessed Monday!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:32 AM   #6  

Default What happened after 10 pm Sunday on the Weekend thread

Veggie self was in the house yesterday, so I have a few minutes and am dashing off this list of highlights of late yesterday.

If you missed it ... cdsclark reached her goal. Go congratulate her in her goal thread

(ok she started the thread before 10 pm, but these things must be acknowledged and acknowledged and acknowledged, not to mention celebrated, wouldn't you say?)

A brilliant post from Rocky Monarch about a shift in mindset required for lifetime success in Phase 4, maintaining the body we've worked so hard to get during Phase 1. Read it by clicking on the blue arrow next to her name in the quote below
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
(ahem...) IMHO The whole point of IP is to learn to eat differently. FOREVER.
And now the other highlights:
  • candace5 checked in after a busy week to report she's lost 30 lbs since starting IP on August 13
  • some cheering about fave pro baseball team by wuc1013
  • Cinders35 chimed in with her 26 lbs lost since mid-August
  • Journeysebd asked the question that inquiring minds want to know, "What is frog eye salad?" tcswain, please let us know. The mind boggles
  • JonathanandZeus offered suggestions about exercise based on an IP coach's informaiton
  • KrystinOnAMission, a pal of Cinders35, jumped into the fray with her first post reflecting her soon-to-be-completed first week on IP and with some plans for the upcoming week.
  • salesgod reported back the results of his mission to renew his aardvark and find his lucky bottle cap
  • ginBAM took a deep breath and shared a busy weekend entirely on program
  • Linden and your feckless recapper cheered Rocky's "soapbox" post
  • rounding up close to midnight Emma Jayne agreed that the holidays are looming ... Canadian Thanksgiving is this coming weekend.
  • Coastalcrafter is packed and off to Florida. If the wireless signals at her mom's place are weak or nonexistant, we may not hear much from her
  • and closing up the thread kaarin shared some great insights about the mental game of behavior change -- she quit smoking 12 years ago -- and also some heartening thoughts about thinking about the future

Have a great Monday!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-04-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:34 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
BUT my husband said it best..."STOP weighing yourself every day!!" <snip>

Can anyone tell me how to get the weight ticker at the bottom of my page? Thanks!
Clarice41, Glad you had a good weekend and that you've got such a smart, caring husband. About the ticker, please follow the link in the blue section of the first post of this thread.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-04-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #8  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

This evening is WI for me! I can't wait!

Sheila, I don't care for the pink lemonade. I've tried it twice. Too sour. But give it a try -- a few people love it on this board.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Has any one tried the pink lemonade? Is it good or just fair? I haven't had anything I didn't like.
I think the pink lemonade tastes fine if you don't expect it to taste a lot like lemonade. I do tend to dilute it by mixing it with about 1.5 cups of water and then adding ice. It's one of my regular orders though.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #10  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning! Down to 179.9 this morning... Reached the little mini-goal I set for myself to be in the 170s after today's WI. Just made it, but WAHOO!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 AM   #11  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Default Pink Lemonade

Sheila - I like the flavour of the pink lemonade, but it foams and foams and foams..... way more foam than actual drink. I usually end up eating the foam with a spoon so that it doesn't go to waste. That said, I've always made it according to package instructions. Think I'll try MarionM's method next time and see if that helps control the foam.

Clarice - does the mango peach foam up like the lemonade? I haven't tried to peach mango yet, but it sounds delish.

ShrinkingSusie - congratulations on meeting your mini-goal!!! What a great accomplishment. Perfect start to a Monday
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #12  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good morning everyone! I'm starting off my day with a renewed Phase 1 committment for the week! As I talked about yesterday, I've been doing several Phase 2 days for the past few weeks and I'm going to try and focus on just P1 this week and try to hustle it fast through the 180's. I'm just knocking on the door (191 exactly this a.m.) and 188 is the lowest weight I remember being about 10 years ago. So, that is my goal for the month and I'm ready to gear up for lots of protein packs and veggies this week. Woo Hoo!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #13  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Peach Mango drink

Yes, the peach mango foams like crazy! I always use more water and pour it into a big glass w/ice. Then I put more water in the shaker and refill my glass as it runs out. I can drink it for quite a while lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Sheila

Clarice - does the mango peach foam up like the lemonade? I haven't tried to peach mango yet, but it sounds delish.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Good morning all!

PInk Lemonade and peach mango -- bleck! Yucky icky icky! I prefer the chocolate drink and the ready made chocolate and vanilla! In fact that is ALL I buy!! My opinion only tho

Hope everyone is geared up for a great week! I am focussed, motivated and strongly commited to IP! Although, I did have a dream cheat last night.. sigh... its keeping me honest tho! My husband has even had dreams I am cheating! This diet is really costly as you all know and financially a little bit of a burden on our family, however, my hubby recognizes how important it is for me to do it!

Take care everyone!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #15  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Good morning all!

Although, I did have a dream cheat last night.. sigh...
I had a dream our family was entering the witness protection program last night! It was just weird!

This is kind of the topic of a NSV for me though... I've stopped snoring and I'm actually sleeping well enough that I am dreaming.
Closed Thread