Old 10-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #1  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default October Thread

Let October roll. Welcome autumn!

I went to WI this morning and was down two more pounds. This was a measuring day, and my total inch loss is 60 1/2 inches. I couldn't be happier! I started on April 13. Went to the mall to buy shoes with my hubby following the visit to the center. He pointed to Victoria's Secret and asked me if I wanted to go in and look at their new Biofit Pushup bra. I told him we could go look...they probably didn't have anything that would fit me. (Their largest size in that bra is a 38.) Are you ready for this? The bra did fit, and it is beautiful! Naturally he bought it for me. Say, I look awesome - it has been years since I even walked into Vicky's Secret! What a lift!

Last edited by ladystarrider; 10-02-2010 at 01:58 PM.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #2  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 167/145/110

Height: 5'0''

Congratulations! How wonderful. Very inspirational too.
chemicalksm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #3  

I did WI yesterday. Two weeks in I'm down 2.5 pounds which is somewhat less than exciting especially since I was up 1/2 the previous weigh in then down that same 1/2 yesterday. It helped a lot that they did measurements and I was down 8.5 inches total according to them. I'm not noticing it much in my clothes yet. 8.5 inches sounds much better than 2.5 pounds. I don't have a whole lot to lose so I think I just need to be satisfied with an average of 1 pound a week even though they advertise way more than that.

Last edited by Nicmom24; 10-02-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #4  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

I went to WI yesterday. Just started my monthly so I wasn't feeling any loss plus I am doing metaquick which I heard may not show a loss at first & may even show a gain until after you are done with the week of shakes. So I was already planning on a gain or no loss at all, but I stepped up & lost 2.5 pounds!! Made me feel way better!!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations on the losses, Ladystarrider, Nicmom24, and Shannysmomma!!! Keep up the great work!
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 238.5/212/150

Height: 5'1"

Wow, what a bunch of great loosers we are!

I weighed in on Saturday and knew I wouldn't have a big loss, down 1/2# which brought the total for the week to 4#. I'm happy with it.

Went to a wedding last night knowing I would be eating off plan but instead of punch I went with water, instead of a whole BBQ sandwich, I went with half, passed on the chocolate covered fruit and only had a small piece of cake when I was fully planning on having a small of each of the 4 to taste the different kinds of cake my aunt makes. I did make better choices than I would have before so I'm happy with it.

I've been looking at this meal plan a bit different though. I'm not 100% OP all the time. Most of the time (98%) but I also know that this is real life and I will be in real life situation where bringing my melba toast and HNS just isn't going to cut it. I don't stress about it and have averaged 3# loss a week. If this not a "diet" but a lifestyle then it will need to work within my lifestyle.
icansucceed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Daughter was here for the weekend, from Florida....Im so sad she is gone, and all I wanna do is eat!!!! BLAH
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by icansucceed View Post
Wow, what a bunch of great loosers we are!

I weighed in on Saturday and knew I wouldn't have a big loss, down 1/2# which brought the total for the week to 4#. I'm happy with it.

Went to a wedding last night knowing I would be eating off plan but instead of punch I went with water, instead of a whole BBQ sandwich, I went with half, passed on the chocolate covered fruit and only had a small piece of cake when I was fully planning on having a small of each of the 4 to taste the different kinds of cake my aunt makes. I did make better choices than I would have before so I'm happy with it.

I've been looking at this meal plan a bit different though. I'm not 100% OP all the time. Most of the time (98%) but I also know that this is real life and I will be in real life situation where bringing my melba toast and HNS just isn't going to cut it. I don't stress about it and have averaged 3# loss a week. If this not a "diet" but a lifestyle then it will need to work within my lifestyle.
This is pretty much how I approach it too. Which may be a lot of why I'm only so far averaging around a pound a week lost. For instance today we went out for lunch at Golden Corrall (an all you can eat buffet restaurant) it's a great place to go with kids. I had salad, strawberries, veggies, steak, hns concentrate mixed in my water and 1/2 a roll. Then I remembered I'm not supposed to have the starch at lunch anymore. So that 1/2 roll was off plan. But I figure it's still a victory, only straying that far off in the land of all you can eat buffets and while a 1/2 roll is not nutritionally equivalent to the 4 melbas, I figure in the trade off between a diet I can only do in the short term vs. a sustainable lifestyle change 1/2 a roll in place of melbas will have to do. In the past I might have had 2 plus some ice cream for dessert so ultimately it's still an improvement.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #9  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your losses, ladies!

Did my WI on Friday, and had no loss/no gain--which I totally expected after losing 4lbs earlier in the week.

We celebrated our first anniversary this weekend, and went out of town to Nebraska City to visit the apple orchards and historical homes/museums. It was a nice relaxing weekend. I pretty much knew I was going to eat off-plan this weekend, but I did mostly ok on Saturday (stayed on plan for bfast/lunch, only strayed a litttle at dinner), especially compared to what I might have eaten this time last year.

Today sucked, though. We were going to eat brunch at the lodge, but they had a huge crowd and said it would be over an hour wait. We ended up going to some greasy-spoon diner in town (SMALL town, not many choices) and they only had a lunch buffet. Think "rural midwest lunch buffet:--fried foods, potatoes in many different forms, bread, desserts, etc. etc. I didn't eat much, but I regretted it immediately--it sat in my stomach like a rock all afternoon. I even got a little "urpy" feeling on the drive home.

On the plus side, we dropped some gifts off at a friend's place this evening, and both the husband and wife noticed I have lost weight (haven't seen them since I first started the diet)!!

Of course, that makes me wish even more that I hadn't had such a "bad food" day today. Oh well-- Time for a fresh start tomorrow!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #10  

Teacherlady, I'd take the compliments and not worry too much about one off day.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #11  

WI today, 4 days after my last one...no change. Last weigh in was a loss of the .5 pounds I was up from the week before. So essentially, I'm already at a plateau on week 3. The counselor said to up the hns to make sure I get the max of 4 per day. I had been getting usually 3 and to up my water. I've been pretty consistent with the 64 oz every day. How much more water should I be drinking? I wouldn't mind a no change weigh in so much except for the fact that based on what I'm seeing on the scale at home, I really thought I'd see a loss, at least a small one. Feeling fairly discouraged.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/150

Height: 5"6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by icansucceed View Post

I completely agree with your statement. I am also another one who isn't completely on program all the time more like 95% of the time. Since being on this program I feel like a make better bad choices. Instead of ice cream I eat soft serve frozen yogurt. Instead of cookies, I eat reduced fat wheat thins. I occasionally say F**K the diet and eat something really bad but those times are becoming fewer and fewer. This is a lifestyle change for me, so I'm learning not to be so hard on myself when I'm not 100% on program.

WI Saturday down another 2lbs for a total of 24.5. So excited to still be losing weight and that much closer to onderland
Missinternational09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #13  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicmom24 View Post
WI today, 4 days after my last one...no change. Last weigh in was a loss of the .5 pounds I was up from the week before. So essentially, I'm already at a plateau on week 3. The counselor said to up the hns to make sure I get the max of 4 per day. I had been getting usually 3 and to up my water. I've been pretty consistent with the 64 oz every day. How much more water should I be drinking? I wouldn't mind a no change weigh in so much except for the fact that based on what I'm seeing on the scale at home, I really thought I'd see a loss, at least a small one. Feeling fairly discouraged.
Yes, ALWAYS max on your hns -- that will help. And I typically do 124 oz of water a day, so if you can, up it! Seems like the more water I drink the more I lose!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

If you are struggling with getting all your HNS in, try cooking with them! I've been making sauces and smoothies and using them as flavorings...it makes it easier than drinking them all the time.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #15  

way to go losers!! And don't worry about plateaus. While they are extremely frustrating, they are a normal part of any weight loss, as your body catches up. Just stay the course and you will win at this in the long run!!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote