Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 02:07 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default How do you journal?

We have spoken before about how journaling really is the key to staying on track. I have tried to journal on-line and I've tried spredasheets, but what I am doing now seems to work best for me.

I bought a year a glance calendar that each week spread between 2 pages, but between each month is a monthly view. Every day I journal what I eat and the calories. I log my exercise and my water. Then when I am done, I transfer my totals to the month view. This lets me see/keep my detail, but I can look at the month view to see how I am doing overall for the month. This is really working well for me. I really like it because I keep it in my purse at all times. I don't keep a journal of feeling/thoughts.

I also log my weekly/monthly weigh-in's.

How do you journal?

Last edited by Sandi; 03-17-2003 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:10 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I use the ww journal..
but have been thinking about buying a pretty journal - there are so many nice ones out now
Old 03-17-2003, 02:40 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I just have a regular journal book that I bought at the stationary store. It was like $6 or something and I bought a green gel pen to go with it, it is my journalling pen. Unfortunately I missed about a month from mid Feb to yesterday. I could use all kinds of excuses but the fact is that I lost interest or got discouraged or something. I don't know really, I was doing pretty good for about the first 6 weeks of the year. I've tried on-line journalling but I couldn't keep up with it. With the shift work I do I just don't always get on-line everyday and then I'd get behind and after a few days it doesn't seem worthwhile anymore.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

I do my journal at atkinscenter.com website. I love their journal as it counts my carbs.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:56 PM   #5  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I really like the online journal:

http://www.livejournal.com

There are lots of communities on there for people losing weight as well.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i don't journal my food online, though i journal about everthing else, ha.

i have a small spiral notebook that i write foods in and total. it stays in the kitchen. nothing high tech.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:16 PM   #7  

i have used www.fitday.com for about a year and a half off and on, and i love it. but i like it b/c i can update it while i'm at my desk and keep track of my protein/carbs/calories, etc. it also has a journal function on it, where you can write. i really like it.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:46 PM   #8  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

I use a program called Healthkeeper Performance Diet... has everything in it I need, it's right where I am for a huge part of the day... and it tracks my food, weight, exercise, body fat, bmi... all of that stuff, plus has a place for goal setting, and graphs to see how I'm doing too I used fitday for a long time too, it's really good for online use, but I wanted something for offline use too...
Old 03-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Right now, I'm trying Fitday. I have a cable modem, so I'm always online.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:39 PM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I journal my thoughts/feelings here. I use a notebook & a pen for my food. It fits in my purse, so I write in it most of the day. I also have a journal for my thoughts/feelings on paper, but it's from 1999. So it's fun to look at it & think how far I've come.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:35 PM   #11  
Searching

BFL is all about planning ahead. So I plan all my food out for the day and stick it in a spreadsheet. It also has a place for the point challenge plan. I pre-plan my workouts in a workout logs and write down my varitaions, problems, differences, I also through on the bottom of each day how many steps I got in on the pedometer this is new). I have a hard journal at home for my dark thoughts, haven't really had any since I started the Prozac beyond my basic wonderlust. Then I journal here at 3FC and bore people with my day, but I love the support for all my wild thinkings. Plus I can talk about coming to terms with my body and experiments like Naked Yoga.

I am a warrior and documenting my exploits on many fronts. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!
Miss Chris
Closed Thread