Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: October 4-10

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning:

There are posts from last night on the old thread.

I'm off today to sit with a friend in the hospital who just had bypass surgery. It all went well, thank goodness.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a busy weekend and Monday morning. Now things started to die down a little. Took a peek at the scale morning & I'm up 2 lbs the culprit is sodium. Look at labels all the time by Can't seem to find the hidden kind in foods.

Thanks Rhonda for the new pages.Happy to hear that your friend is fine after by pass surgery.One of my friends had the same type of heart surgery several years ago and shes doing fine. I forget do we change our day o Sunday or Monday.

SLOANE-Thanks is so hard all week to stay good on Low Carbing and than the weekend comes and everything you did is gone,just taking from the bread list.

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 10-04-2010 at 02:36 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #4  

Yoo hoo!! Where is everyone else? Just leaving me and Mary Ann hanging here.

I had a good day with my friend who looks good after her surgery. DH and I tried out a new restaurant and I had soup, salad, plain baked potato and trout. It was tasty and well prepared.

No exercise today and I am very sore from yesterday's session.

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 10-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. I was outside most of the afternoon flinging arrows (over 3 hours) and came inside exhausted and sunburned. So, guess what I'm doing tomorrow. Same thing. I'm having a blast.

I need to get more serious with my eating. That's the plan.

JoJo has a post on last night (so do I).

Rhonda, I'm glad your friend is doing well. Sounds like you and Doyle had a good dinner.

Maryann, our new chat thread starts on Monday.

I'll be back later tomorrow. My gf and I are shooting again tomorrow beginning right after lunch. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #6  

Fun Busy Day Today

Good new & bad.

The good is that we found an adorable 4 month old yellow lab puppy for my grandson. We have been looking for a while and tonight at 8 pm I saw the ad
and by 10 we were home with a puppy!! His name is Polo .
We haven't given my grandson the puppy yet so we are puppy sitting for a few days.
I'll post a picture soon.

Bad is my eating today . I started bad and never improved. I was on the go today and didn't plan... Tomorrow will be better..

I am starting a ladies breakfast in the morning at the new church we are going to. I was at this church a long time ago but we moved to a church that had a youth group that matched what we wanted for the boys. I am excited to start finding friends at church and helping with the nursery on Sunday.

Sloan..I wanted to tell you that BSF is what brought me back to my faith
18 years ago. Bravo to you for being a leader..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:24 AM   #7  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Nancy! I wish we lived nearer to you. We have a black lab. They are adorable puppies aren't they? Ours (Dolly) was just a ball of black 'fluff' and now she is taller than my husband's knee and he is 6ft. Your grandson will have a really good friend they are such loyal dogs. A stomach on legs mind... they will eat and eat all day.

I'm really pleased for your friend Tejas Please tell her, that my cousin (73) had open heart surgery 3 years ago and it has given her a new lease of life. She's never looked so well and last year, she and her husband had a wonderful holiday touring the Rockies by train.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #8  

Ah, who doesn't want an adorable Lab? I had one follow me home from school, really! Then I had a Lab-Border Collie mix who was the BEST dog ever, ever, ever.

OK, I did what I said I would do. I went to the gym this morning to begin my new routine. I am going to do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week, whether I lift weights or do anything else. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the bike. I'm going to do this for one month (except when traveling) and see if that kick starts more weight loss. I'm also going to eat ONLY complex carbs, except for a glass of wine every now and again...also for one month. I can do this. This belly fat is going to disappear.

I hope you're all having a good day.

Rhonda
Old 10-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a very busy day with all kinds of appointments,glad that I could make it to the thread this evening

Raining again so I had could walk had to use my bike instead. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow for our walking tour.

Rhonda-Like to try new restaurants also,I just recently went to an Italian restaurant in our town that was there for years and two weeks ago I just discovered it.Our town likes to put buildings on the back & side streets that look residential. I guess they want the village to look countrified instead of the city look. Food was excellent.of course I had one of there pizzas.

Sandra=Arrrr!!! Wondered where you went.Thanks I thought it started on Sunday like the other board I post to does.

NANCY-My SIL and the DGC wanted a lab puppy but my DD wouldn't hear of it[she's a cat person] so they got a rabbit instead. Maybe when the kids are older she 'll decided to get a dog when they old enough to take care of it.

Have a nice evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I have been outside shooting all afternoon today, too. I ended up 10 pts higher than yesterday. Hopefully, 10 more higher tomorrow. We'll see.
Tomorrow is my wi. I'm thinking I'll have a gain. Good news is--tomorrow starts my next 30 days. Life is good.

JoJo, Rhonda, and Nancy, our neighbors in Montana had a beautiful lab. In fact, it looked like almost everyone up there had labs. Great dogs. Smart, too.

Got to go. We're having dinner early. I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! I am on Fall Break this week! I have been busy with my mom canning for the last two days. We made sweet cucumber relish yesterday, and corn relish today. Tomorrow I want to make persimmon butter (kinda like apple butter), but I'm not sure if I have the energy I have other things I want to do, too. I'm hoping to paint a buffet for my dining room, and I'd like to sew some pillow covers for my bedroom. I think I'm being too ambitious, but I'm gonna try anyway.

Nancy, I'm not sure when I'll do the watermelon fast. I may try it closer to the end of the week. I'll let you know. Sandra's idea about the canteloupe sounds good, too! I'm glad you found BSF years ago. It is an awesome study, isn't it? This year we have a new study for the first time in 15 years. We are studying Isaiah. It's tough, but so awesome!

Sandra, congrats on increasing your points! I could not hit the "broad side of a barn".

Rhonda, your plan sounds good. Eating only complex carbs is a good idea

Maryann, sorry about your rainy weather, but I'm glad you still rode your bike. Good for you!!!

Jojo, has your rain stopped? I hope you have not resorted to bailing! Stay dry

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

Last edited by sloanie; 10-05-2010 at 07:06 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I am duly impressed. Enjoy your week. Sounds like you're having a very fruitful one. (and I'm not talking about a fasting)
Old 10-06-2010, 03:27 AM   #13  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Well, it stopped raining yesterday and we had a beautiful autumn day. However, it has rained all night. The skies are grey at the moment and the air damp so I expect we shall get more.
Blimey Sloanie! talk about busy! An old friend of my mum's used to can. She had a machine in her utility room and a garage full of cans. I used to love to watch.
Have a good one everyone.
Maryann Enjoy the walking tour. Wish I was with you
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #14  

I am going to pick up my youngest son tomorrow and he will be home til
Tuesday for his Fall break... It is the first trip home this year except for a pass through to spend a weekend on vacation with his Dad.

The puppy (Polo) has had bad diarrhea for 2 days now. We are treating it, but found out that when the first owners said he had his puppy shots they only meant the first ones at 8 weeks. That left him very vulnerable to Parvo/Distemper ect. We are hoping it isn't something that serious.

He has everything he needs now we are just watching & hoping.
We haven't given him to our Grandson yet, until he is feeling better.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I hope your puppy is all right. Enjoy your visit with ds.

JoJo, I did a teeny amount of canning when I was in Montana. I put up som apricots. Sloan impresses me, too.

I am sunburned. The past 3 days I have spent a total of 10+ hours in the sunshine flinging arrows. Wish I could keep my tan all winter. Oh, well, I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.

Subbing tomorrow. it's always easier for me to stay in control with my eating when I'm subbing. I'll just have to concentrate on making good choices for dinner. Lunch is already packed and I'll have cereal for bfast.

I decided not to do wi. My next opportunity for wi is 30 more days from now.