Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 04:05 AM   #1  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default I P WEEKEND CHAT, October 2-3, 2010

Below is I'm Svelting!'s very useful information.

New to Ideal Protein or to 3fatchicks Ideal Protein forum? Please start here -- post your introduction, read this post and ask your questions in this thread.

Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #2  

New to Ideal Protein or to 3fatchicks Ideal Protein forum? Please start here -- post your introduction, read this post and ask your questions in this thread.

Request:
If you've had a slip and gone off the Ideal Protein protocol (for a meal, for days or longer) and you want to share the details of that, please post it in the OOOPS thread.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: You must have been a member for 20 days and have made 21 posts to have access to signatures and tickers. On your 21st day, check out the The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-03-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Angry Aarrrgggghhhhh!!!

I have been on the IP diet for almost 3 solid weeks now. I weighed myself ye sterday then this morning (both in early morning before I ate). I have gained almost a pound!! I don't understand. I have been the poster child for this diet-not eaten one thing that has been illegal-everything within legal limits, cardio every night for 40mins and the balancing ball for 20 minutes. My salt intake is the alotted 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt AND had a hysterectomy 9 years ago, so I don't have the "monthly woes" Anyone else have this happen to them?
Old 10-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Morning everyone! Hope you all have a fantastic start to the weekend. I'm going shopping for clothes this morning. Yew haw! Last weekend I purged my closet for what I think will be the last time. Getting rid of the clothes felt good, but I now only have a small handful of items to wear. I've been extremely luckY and haven't needed to buy too many new items as my closet was filled with sizes 18 - 6. Plus, I was able to supplement with items from consignment shops. Now that I'm pretty close to my "ideal" size, I'm going to splurge on a few new things. Yes, I'm a little concerned about the whole body remorphing/reshaping which a lot of those who've gone through the later phases have forwarned about, and how this could make buying new clothes unwarranted. But gosh darn it, I've finally gotten down to a decent size and I want to wear a pair of pants which fit me and don't droop in the butt! (funny side note: 2 weeks ago I bought a pair of just about perfect jeans from a thrift
shop. Was feeling pretty good about them even though they were a tad too long, but a pair of decent Levi's for only $2, I can deal with long pant legs. Anyways, I'm wearing them and feeling proud of myself. I met up with a friend who starts laughing even before I reach her. All of a sudden my fat girl
insecurities rise up and I start chastising myself for wearing the tight jeans. After a moment I realized my friend was pointing to the lower part of the jeans. You know how when you wear a pair of jeans for a long time, the knee area fades? Well the worn knee area of these jeans on me is about 2 inches below where my knees actually are. When I tried the jeans on I didn't bother looking at the knees - I was looking at how good I thought my backside looked. Ahhhh vanity.).

So, wish me luck on finding clothes which not only fit, but aren't too expensive.

Last edited by makeitmatter; 10-02-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #5  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Good Morning All- Happy Saturday! Wow OCT 2nd already- fall weather has hit New England.. leaves changing color,and then falling off their branches, like pounds fallen off of us .. : )

Well I'm off to work to make people look beautiful on the outside! ( I personally prefer beauty from within)

Angel Blessings!!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:43 AM   #6  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning everyone!

Time to put the outdoor furniture away!! So I believe I am in full Ketosis, the bad breath, but the "Gassy" from all the veggies. I did the video again but I didn't see anything on there about that? I believe it is because I have added broccoli to my salads. Has anyone tried to BBQ soy nuts? I am going to be gone for 7 days and have planned with my coach a few things I can do I was just curious how you all liked the soy nuts?

Have a great weekend everyone!! Keep up the GREAT WORK....
Old 10-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #7  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good Morning All- Happy Saturday! Wow OCT 2nd already- fall weather has hit New England.. leaves changing color,and then falling off their branches, like pounds fallen off of us .. : )

Well I'm off to work to make people look beautiful on the outside! ( I personally prefer beauty from within)

Angel Blessings!!

I think that is a beautiful saying!! I have never been out that way in my life but going next week to Maryland and Delaware! Have a great day~
Old 10-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning all! Just wanted to share a NSV. I went to the movies last night and I was worried that the popcorn and goodies would be calling me. Well I ate my my chicken breast and sping mix salad before I arrived and was able to walk right past the junk food when I got there. It's amazing how I had built the popcorn (and the smell of it especially) up in my head. My success lied in having my mind made up before I got there that there would be no popcorn or anything else! I even stuck a couple of pickles and some water in my purse to make sure of it! I felt so accomplished on the ride home! I say all this to encourage anyone who may face a temptation this weekend! Make it a great one
Old 10-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #9  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
I have been on the IP diet for almost 3 solid weeks now. I weighed myself ye sterday then this morning (both in early morning before I ate). I have gained almost a pound!! I don't understand. I have been the poster child for this diet-not eaten one thing that has been illegal-everything within legal limits, cardio every night for 40mins and the balancing ball for 20 minutes. My salt intake is the alotted 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt AND had a hysterectomy 9 years ago, so I don't have the "monthly woes" Anyone else have this happen to them?
Ummmm. Didn't your coach mention the perils of exercise? Just wondering.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
When I tried the jeans on I didn't bother looking at the knees - I was looking at how good I thought my backside looked. Ahhhh vanity.).
This is hilarious. Isn't it great to make fun of yourself, and still feel good?
Old 10-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Sat. Morning!!!

Beautiful Fall day here in Sunny Manitoba, I love Fall with all the beautiful colours.

My NSV for the week...I went to town yesterday and had 4 people stop me to compliment me on how great I looked boy it is soooo good to feel and look great!!! I keep telling myself...just think what you will look like in another 30 lbs gone.... I LOVE IP

Everyone have a wonderful weekend
Old 10-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Clarice41: Check out the exercise thread. When you're doing your cardio make sure you stay in the fat burning zone -which is about 60 -70% of your MHR.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Default Have A Great Ip Week-end

Good Morning My Fellow IPers,
Found some new recipes for my veggies. Plan to go to the gym, then run some errands and pick up some more fresh veggies for my new recipes. If they turn out good, will post on the recipe thread. Have a great IP week-end!!
Old 10-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #14  

Super excited that it is the weekend ! Heading out to the 'big city' soon and am already giggling to myself that one of the highlights will be going to the thrift store to find more clothes. I had success there a few weeks ago and can't wait to go again.

Went for a walk early this morning with the dog and even though there was white frost on all the roofs it sure is a beautiful morning.

Wishing everyone a great weekend full of happiness and success !!

Cheers to all !
Old 10-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #15  

Hi Everybody
I went on the Ideal Protein Diet on May 1 2010 weighed 210 now 167 5'11and I’m about to start phase 4. I try to check in to see how every body’s doing. I don’t post any blogs I just read them. I got my blood work back and every thing is ok. My thyroid went down. But they say my liver enzymes are little high they will test it again in 2 weeks.

Did any body else have problems with their liver enzymes? If so what can I do to lower my enzymes??
Closed Thread