South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 05:49 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Beach Chatter

Good Morning

I'm ready for a list today.
1. coffee
2. putzing, cleaning and organizing
3. bike ride
4. undecided

What's on your list? Stop and chat before heading out!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:03 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Debbie!

If I start out with a list today I'll get discouraged and go back to bed. It's one of THOSE kind of Fridays, and it's raining again, too. But, sooner or later I'll get everything finished and my weekend will start.

But, on the bright side, I'm down another pound this morning, I've got yummy leftovers to take with me for lunch and my class has earned an extra choice time (play time) this afternoon. I need to get busy though, the rain means the kids will be coming into the classrooms early this morning.

Have a great Friday, friends.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Debbie & Heidi!

I don't have a to-do list for today, as I like to play it by ear. Most schools are cancelled today because of flooding, and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to make it to the farm. The drive home late last night wasn't too bad, although there was a lot of debris on the road and downed tree limbs. I'll make it out there one way or another, though. It's still raining heavy, but it's supposed to be letting up by noon.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Heidi, congrats on another pound down! Sorry about the rain. I hope there is a chance for a better weekend!

Linda, ditto on the rain...as Lindsay has said, we could sure use it here. I hope you are able to make it to the farm and that you make it home safely, too.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning There's an incredible sunrise coming up over the trees. It's gone from purple to glowing peach that bathes everything in the yard in gold. SO lovely.

Debbie - good morning! I'm working on my list but it should be a very manageable day around here.

Heidi - Congratulations on scale movement! Looks like it's going to be a perfect fall weekend once the work week leaves and takes the rain with it.

Cottage - Eek, good luck with the drive, hope it's a safe one.

Fridays will remain office days for awhile. Next week is my last week on payroll at the old job but I will continue as a consultant one day a week for awhile. It's a nice time of year to make a little extra money with the holidays around the corner.

Tonight DW is involved with an opening at gallery walk so we will be there for awhile and have dinner in town. Gallery Walk is a lot of fun but also a lot of people so we don't go very often. It will be nice to have dinner together, not a lot of that happening right now.

I'm looking forward to a perfect, crisp fall weekend with apple picking and time at home!

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-01-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi, Cyndi! Thanks for the link....looks like a great event. Friday evening gallery events are one of the things I miss about Alaska. I'm glad to hear your day is manageable!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Talking

A Beautiful clear day in NC. I'm having my coffee/computer time now, then off to Jazzercise at the Senior Center. I love my Jazzercise, and watching the old folks kicking it up with Lady GaGa.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi 4xcharm! Thanks for piping in on our daily chat. to the beach!

My projects are really a pain today. My Ma is a "collector" and sometimes the only way to move it out of her garage is to say I'll use it....I can't just pitch stuff, so it's recycle, freecycle...then she brings more home. I also decided to take my 8'8" drapes down to be cleaned, then the big bay window needed to be cleaned...I'm thinking I must have been doing something else last Spring! (probably bike riding!)

Natasha, what a day you had yesterday! Thanks for the link on Thursdays thread.

Lindsay, I had given you my cell # and email in the PM. Oh, well. Sounds like you're having a hectic week but at least you've crossed those vacation pounds off your list!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-01-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

I don't have a to do list other than my meeting list at work today hehe.

This weekend is Homecoming so rather hectic week I have had, but lots of fun, well be super busy tomorrow. DD2 has cheerleading pictures at 8:30 a.m and then Cheering at game at 9:30 a.m. We are missing soccer game as they are scheduled at same time. DD1 has hair appointment at 11:45 a.m. and then from there it will a swirl of getting ready and then going place to place to get pictures. DS will be going as well as his girlfriend is still in HS. By tomorrow night I will be very tired and will not want to do anything but veg.

Cottage- hope you make it safely to the farm and back- drive safely

Heidi- congratulations on another lb lost.

Debbie- You have so much energy always makes me smile

Cindy- a little extra money always helps around the holidays that's for sure

4xcharm- Thanks for the visual brought a smile.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Take care everyone! I am doing my hair this weekend.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Pearlrose, I always think you're the one with all the energy. Hope you have a fun weekend with all the goings on.

Okie, Who is doing your hair? And what are you going to do? I sure need a hair fix these days!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

A neighbor right down the street will prettify me and I'm gonna get extensions most likely. Watch Oprah today everyone, if u love Harry Potter! She's got JK Rowling on there!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 10-01-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

just made the pumpkin pecan bread into mini muffins and topped it with the orange cream cheese to make little cupcakes. we're having a party on sunday to watch the football game, celebrate DH's birthday and celebrate a friend's return to school. I'm making a decadent cake for DH, but made these as well for something a bit more on plan. I piped the cream cheese mixture on in little swirls, they look so cute and professional!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

ooh...mini muffins...good idea! I'm not a huge muffin eater, once I make it through half of one, I'm pretty much over it. Time for a mini muffin pan!! How long did you bake the mini's for zeffryn?

I made the pumpkin pecan muffins too...mmmm...quite tasty!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies...I'm awful late to this thread today. It was back to work for me today...and for the rest of the weekend. I had Wednesday off, but I was out on the training scenario for 9 hours yesterday. Today is going to be my sleep in day, though. Yay!!!

Lexxiss - Hope you had a good day and got what you needed to get done done. Oh man, I didn't tell yall about it yesterday, but the poor firefighter that pulled on scene first didn't know it was a scenario. He was really shaken up b/c he pulled on scene and sees his fellow firefighter walk out and get shot in the back 3 times. Poor guy!!!

Heidi - Congratulations on another pound done...woot woot!!!

Cottage - Be careful driving out there in that weather. YUCK!!!

Cyndi - Sounds like a beautiful sunset...I think I'm jealous!!!

4xcharm - I am giggling at the thought of old folks rocking out to some GaGa. Then again, my mom loves her. *shrugs* Not that she's old...she's only 60 and damn sure don't look it. Welcome to our little group!!!

Pearlrose - Sounds like you've got a really busy weekend coming up. When in the world did schools start having homecoming so frigging early, anyway??? Our schools started 4 weeks ago!!!

FoodObsessed - Hope your hair turns out exactly how you like it!!! You should post a picture for us!!! On the other forum I'm on we have a Girl's Room and we have a "new hairdo/hair color" thread. It's great!!!

zeffryn - The muffins sound YUMMY!!! I love a good pumpkin bread. Is it a SB friendly recipe??? And, if so, is it listed on the forum??? Nevermind...I see from jyoyo's post that it must be posted, LOL

jyoyo - Welcome to the chat!!! I apologize if you're a regular...I just don't remember seeing you around before.

22 more minutes at work and then I'm off to the gym. Goodnight, ladies!!!
Closed Thread