Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 06:32 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - 1 October 2010

New to Ideal Protein or to 3fatchicks Ideal Protein forum? Please start here -- post your introduction, read this post and ask your questions in this thread.

Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:34 AM   #2  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

*yawn* Good Morning! I'm on the board a lot looking for words of encouragement before I go in the kitchen to have something I shouldn't have.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #3  

Default Linden

Linden thanks for the compliment in yesterday's post about my avatar..No need to apologize about just noticing, i only put it up a few days ago and I don't post too often. I must say, I cringe when I look at the before photo...but it's good therapy to remind me of where I came from. Have a great I.P. Friday.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #4  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
*yawn* Good Morning! I'm on the board a lot looking for words of encouragement before I go in the kitchen to have something I shouldn't have.
Bite you tongue.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #5  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Good morning! This is the day we have been waiting for all week - Friday! I hope everyone has a great weekend. When I started IP in April, I made a decision then, that this was going to be a new way of life for me. It wasn't an option to follow it on some days and not on others. If I did that it would be like all of the other diets I have been on in my life. There are time that I want and crave something so badly, but I know that it would be more than just eating the "thing". It would be breaking a promise to myself about wanting a new way of life, and about getting it.

I talk about this because I find the chat changing from when I first came to the boards in July. There was a lot of encouragement all around and if you wanted to talk about cheating, you went to the thread about "cheating" and discussed it there. I think as people that have been committed to this protocol, it is important to role model the positive behaviors for the new people that are starting every day. Cheating is not an option! We shouldn't need cheat free weekends, our week should naturally include not eating off of protocol. Things happen and sometimes people do slip, but you get back up and start again. We don't hope that it is not going to happen tomorrow. We commit to ourselves and the people on this board that it is not happening - not any more.

When we let ourselves down, we lose self esteem, lose belief that we can be successful, fail at other things in our lives, and remain unhappy. Please don't give up on yourselves. Determine what it is that you can live with and go for it. Recommit to yourselves that the Ideal Protein Diet Plan can work for you.

I love you all and want everyone to be successful - Thanks for being there.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: a:411/306/230 105 lbs lost

Height: 5'11"

Hang in there RhondaLynn... it's FRIDAY!!!

Linden~ your tongue bitting reply made me smile... thanks!

Have a Fantastic IP Friday everyone!
Old 10-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Good morning! This is the day we have been waiting for all week - Friday! I hope everyone has a great weekend. When I started IP in April, I made a decision then, that this was going to be a new way of life for me. It wasn't an option to follow it on some days and not on others. If I did that it would be like all of the other diets I have been on in my life. There are time that I want and crave something so badly, but I know that it would be more than just eating the "thing". It would be breaking a promise to myself about wanting a new way of life, and about getting it.

I talk about this because I find the chat changing from when I first came to the boards in July. There was a lot of encouragement all around and if you wanted to talk about cheating, you went to the thread about "cheating" and discussed it there. I think as people that have been committed to this protocol, it is important to role model the positive behaviors for the new people that are starting every day. Cheating is not an option! We shouldn't need cheat free weekends, our week should naturally include not eating off of protocol. Things happen and sometimes people do slip, but you get back up and start again. We don't hope that it is not going to happen tomorrow. We commit to ourselves and the people on this board that it is not happening - not any more.

When we let ourselves down, we lose self esteem, lose belief that we can be successful, fail at other things in our lives, and remain unhappy. Please don't give up on yourselves. Determine what it is that you can live with and go for it. Recommit to yourselves that the Ideal Protein Diet Plan can work for you.

I'm with you. All the way.

Last edited by Linden; 10-01-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/153/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I know I don't post often, but I do read the daily thread everyday as it keep me motivated! So thank you all for all the great information and encouragement!

This is my 7th week on IP and I'm so excited and worried today as I just broke through to the 160's; (169.7!LOL); but the scary part is this is the weight I've gotten to many times and then just quit?! I'm not going to do that this time; but it's seriously scary to me that I might someday even be back in the 150's I still can't quiet belive it? Most days I love this diet...somedays of course I want to just quit, but I haven't, and won't!

Have a great IP day everyone~
Old 10-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: a:411/306/230 105 lbs lost

Height: 5'11"

Default Rosemary~

Quote:

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt message of encouragement!!! I feel more motivated than ever. Have a great weekend!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:

At the risk of getting flamed, may I add to that. Staying on the IP protocol will take you a relatively few months to loose your excess weight (believe me, I've been on every diet ever invented). If you are honestly not capable of staying on the protocol 99%+ of the time, you should consider finding another diet program that allows for cheats. You will be missing the whole point of this program by cheating.

Ditto with the love and successful wishes,
Mary
Old 10-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #11  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:

YOU said it BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!!!

and DODOMOMMY- you should change your name to HOT MOMMY!! wow you look great! love the hair change too!!

Good morning all- today I am treating myself and my daughter to the spa! We are both having a massage!! When I started IP in July, I knew I needed to have a "treat" to keep me strong, and decided on a monthly massage.

Now 'old me" would have felt quilty and written a list of why I deserve it. I don't drink, or smoke, or spend any money on myself that I earn, it's all for the kids...I volunteer at my Catholic church, care for my terminal brother, I'm flying to Fla to care for aging mom and step dad who aren't feeling well, etc etc.. This "old Me" wore herself out and stuffed down her anxieties and frustrations....The "NEW ME" still loves them all and cares for them but with a priority of putting herself at the top of the list, and Her health and mental well being as #1...
Today is the FEAST Day of my favorite saint- St Theresa (also known as little flower) may her graces from heaven shower on all of you!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptswife View Post
Good morning! I know I don't post often, but I do read the daily thread everyday as it keep me motivated! So thank you all for all the great information and encouragement!

This is my 7th week on IP and I'm so excited and worried today as I just broke through to the 160's; (169.7!LOL); but the scary part is this is the weight I've gotten to many times and then just quit?! I'm not going to do that this time; but it's seriously scary to me that I might someday even be back in the 150's I still can't quiet belive it? Most days I love this diet...somedays of course I want to just quit, but I haven't, and won't!

Have a great IP day everyone~
DON'T QUIT!! I have never, ever weighed in the 140's until now on IP. YOU CAN DO THIS! Really--it's only a couple more months--you CAN. Just imagine all the cute clothes you can buy. Imagine people calling you "skinny." Yes, they will! And they'll mean it. Imagine being healthy. Yes, you CAN.

Mary
Old 10-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #13  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptswife View Post
I have no idea whether or not this will help, or even make sense. But I'm going to give it a try.

Here's what I tell my writing students (repeatedly!). Use transition to smooth out your writing.

Translated? Use transition to smooth out your life: Well, I was that before, but now I'm. . . .

Or, When I was. . . . But now I'm actually beginning to like myself. The imperative here is BUT. It's a word that implies subtraction -- something we all think about on this eating plan. I can't say just do such-and-such; or just thing so-and-so. But I do believe that you can say BUT to what you were and AND to what you are becoming, and what you want to be. Does that make sense?

Last edited by Linden; 10-01-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #14  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I have no idea whether or not this will help, or even make sense. But I'm going to give it a try.

Here's what I tell my writing students (repeatedly!). Use transition to smooth out your writing.

Translated? Use transition to smooth out your life: Well, I was that before, but now I'm. . . .

Or, When I was. . . . But now I'm actually beginning to like myself. The imperative here is BUT. It's a word that implies subtraction -- something we all think about on this eating plan. I can't say just do such-and-such; or just thing so-and-so. But I do believe that you can say BUT to what you were and AND to what you are becoming, and what you want to be. Does that make sense?
It makes perfect sense to me,, and I love the way you explained it.. do you teach at a high school? college?
Old 10-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #15  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
It makes perfect sense to me,, and I love the way you explained it.. do you teach at a high school? college?
I'm retired. But I teach 1 course a term -- university level.

And the principle is universal, I think. I hope.

Last edited by Linden; 10-01-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Closed Thread