Old 09-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #239 Bale of Turtles Planning Hard

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!

Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I haven't exactly been on plan the past couple of days. Still trying to figure out how to deal with my cravings.

Princess yeah I am in college. Decided to have a career change, soon after starting one. LOL. It's is a combination of school and being broke right now.

So it is weigh in day I will see how much damage was done. Everyone have a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning all and happy Sunday to everyone!

DH and I went to Cincinatti for the day yesterday... met his brother and wife and then we all went to Octoberfest - which was a blast! Tons of German food that made my toes curl... LOL. I had a wonderful Potato Pancake and then a big couple of scopes of homemade ice creams from a wonderful parlor there that truly makes it just two gallons at a time... I think they were actually on Oprah "favorite things" one year - the place is called Graeters (sp?) - but - over all - I could have done way worse. We went back to their house where they had planned a party for my BIL for his birthday - stayed for a while then headed on home due to the long drive - Cinci is about 2 hours from us. So it was a long but very nice day. Oh yeah, did I mention all of the German Pastry stands... ugh - brought a couple home with us to nibble on later today.

I will hop back online later on to catch up with everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #4  

Morning Turtles!

I have been MIA for a bit. Trying to get in the flow of things, school starting, soccer and ballet and tap and planning ofr my daughter's birthday party. Theres no way I can catch up with you chatty ladies lol

Last time i was around I was nervous about hopping on the scale with my monthly friend.I was very surprised to see a .2 gain on the scale I expected to see much more.

Well I weighed in this saturday and saw a 3.4 loss!!! I really needed to see that. Honestly the last few days before WI I was pretty sure I wasnt coming in close to hitting my points for the day, terrible.
Last night DH and I went out for dinner and im pretty sure i didnt kill all my points. Either way I need to track them as much as possible.

This wee Im focusing on tracking every BLT drinking my water and trying to get exercise in..ive been having some arch problems in my right foot. It kills So i know im not going to make my 25 miles this month. I will do as much as i can though.

Hope you guys are doing great!!
MrsTH06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Kim - Usually when I roast a chicken I just put 1/2 lemon sliced & onion inside then rub some olive oil on it and pour abit of white wine over top & roast in pan along with some root veggies (sweet potatoe, parsnips, carrots)
Turns out good.

Judy - Like hearing you were down again, nice recovery!

Mrs T - nice to see you chiming in again!

Princess - OMG Octoberfest, I think I gained some just reading your posts.
That food is sooooooooo decilicous.

My cabbage rolls turned out really good (had a taste yesterday) I used grated cauliflower instead of rice for first time and they are really tasty.
Trying to save a few calories where I can. So that is my dinner for tonight - chicken, cabbage rolls and veggies (maybe a baked potatoe)

Ate too much at wedding yesterday but that is easy to do, so have to behave now and have another loss at the scales this week (hopefully)

Lets all have a successful week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Life4evr, good luck with your studies. And super good luck with your weight loss. We all deserve to do the right thing and lose weight. :

MrsTHO6, great weight loss! : Doing so well in spite of your foot is fabulous! I hope your foot heals quickly so you can get in the exercise you want. I'm just back from the podiatrist for whirlpool and ultrasound to help ease inflammation. I'm still walking since I know it helps me------and dh and I love the boardwalk.

Princess, what fun to get to the Octoberfest! So many times those events have turned into a day of eating for me, so I'm so proud of you that you kept the eating restrained. Weigh to go! Good job on eating what you wanted most and not everything. My WW leader always says, "each bite is a choice" and although I really don't like taking responsibility for each food I eat, she is absolutely right! Nothing pops into my mouth because someone else put it there.

Bandit, the cabbage rolls with cauliflower instead of rice is ingenious! Now when I make jambalaya I use brown rice instead of white and I can't taste the difference since there are so many spices. You're doing great---losing weight and keeping up with a great social life. Weigh to go!

Nice weekend----family party at my nephew's to celebrate his It was a really good time and although I ate more than I intended, I didn't do that badly. Yay! And I was able to get right back on track for Sunday. Today is good so far and WI is just a couple of days away. I've got my fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone!
Lin, Lauren----how are you doing?
Cherry, Tessa, KimL and all the gals-----good luck with all you're doing.
Judy
234.6/193/170's by 9/30

Last edited by Itryharder; 09-20-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #7  

Judy- Glad to hear the eating didnt go badly. Thanks for all the encouragement you give everyone.

Bandit-The cabbage rolls sound yummy

Mrs.T- The 3.4 pound loss sounds great. Yay! Sounds like your busy with the kids. Me to.

Princess - Oh i love potato cakes. Proud of you for trying your best to make good choices.

Life4evr- Hope the weigh in went well

Hello to - Kim, Lin, Lauren, Tessa, and hopefully i didnt forget anyone.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

The weight in went fine. I didn't even gain a whole pound. So I am good with that. Apparently all the congestion decided to come up today so I am not feeling to good right now. Hope everyone has a good day.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #9  
Chick

Cherry, good to hear from you! I see you are now down 14#. That is fantastic!!!!! Especially with little ones and moving and all. : and weigh to go!

Life4evr, wow!!!!! that was great that the weight gain wasn't anywhere as high as you suspected. You know, I've been thinking this over because so many of us are thinking we had a "really bad week" and it turns out that we're up less than 2# almost all the time. I am sure that I'm stating the obvious, but we are getting so good at making decent choices, tweaking what we eat, making foods that are filling and lower in points and getting in more exercise that when we think we've "blown it" we haven't. Good for us!

I've had a good day./ Right now I've got eggplant that I dipped in a little eggwhite and a tiny amount of bread crumbs baking in the oven along with some butternut squash. I intend to make a healthy eggplant parm for my dinner (dh works tonight) and I'll have the squash cooked for when I decide to do something with it. LOL. In any case, dh and I are still walking almost daily on the boardwalk. It's anywhere from 1 1/2miles to 2miles and it's doing us good.

Best wishes to all!
Judy
234.6/193/170's by 9/30
Old 09-21-2010, 08:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone... I actually got online at work... not sure if this will post or not but it is worth a try.

Doctor has me on different meds now... went for a chest xray yesterday and am still waiting for the results. The meds are super strong and have huge side-effects, no exercising allowed on these as it can lead to all sorts of unpleasent damage... ugh. To be honest I am not up for exercise anyway so no harm done.

Sounds like everyone is doing well... I have to get off of here and get to a meeting but will check back later on if I can.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #11  

Morning, turtles:

CHerry - nice job on your weight loss, you are doing great!

Life - a tiny gain will be gone in no time, just keep on track.

Judy - YOur eggplant sounds delicious, I love trying new things & lots of time new things become my favourite. I am feeling a veggie pie craving coming on - you know, that is one of my favourites thanks to you.

Princess - nice to see you posting and hope you are feeling better and get off those meds soon.

I am chugging along on my weight loss journey, staying OP and drinking my water. Have a big salad today for my lunch and had oatmeal for breakfast.

Biggest Loser tonight - YAH! So looking forward to a new season of that.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #12  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Good morning everyone! WTG on all the positives that everyone is sharing!

The title of the thread is apt - I've started thinking about Thanksgiving (only 2 weeks away here in Canada) and how I can prepare my Thanksgiving meal in a more WW friendly way. If anyone has any Thanksgiving recipes they could share, I sure would appreciate it!

I feel like I'm gaining momentum on the plan now. I feel more confident about making good food choices, I've learned so much about portion sizes and the "filling foods" to feel full while eating on plan. I'm starting to tinker with some family favourite recipes to make them more WW friendly now that I know more about the food options.

I might watch Biggest Loser this season. I watched most of the very first season and enjoyed it.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #13  
Returnee

Happy Turtle Tuesday!

: Did it. I done did it! Did it with a few tenths to spare... "under the deuce" as my friends all like to say. Of course I'll feel a little better the more distance I get between it and me - but it did feel pretty darn good. Unfortunately this is usually where I sabotage myself and think "cool, done! where are the browinies?" - this time I haven't felt that way - which is new (and nice). So I'm just carrying on, doing more of the same and looking forward to seeing the 180's next.

Zumba poundage (ok yeah, my eating habits have helped, but...) 9.8 pounds in 4 weeks after starting classes. Before? Maybe half that.

Judy and Peanutt, totally can't wait for The Biggest Loser too! Always so motivating (tho keeping in mind they work out 6+ hours a day and have no external distractions!). Love watching the tranformations. I actually have Tara, Shay and Michael on Facebook and keep track of how they're doing still.

Princess, your post was making me drool.... Mondo congrats on the loss!!! The meds do sound nasty - no doubt it's smart to just hang in there for now.

Kim, yup, I'd be wanting to kill my sibling for that too. Smart move getting it out of the house!

Cherry, even with the move you're doing great! Hope things are settled soon and the new place feels like home!

MrsT - I'm a firm believer in the phantom poundage. No doubt that's what you saw and it vanished before there could be any proof of its existence. Congrats on the loss!!!

life4evr - Not even a pound... your congestion alone may be accounting for what the scale shows (or I'm sure it feels like it!).

Ok, must away to more work... One of my employees told me today that another employee told him I was mean. Which, actually, made me chuckle.... I'm not mean, I just want them to do what I have faith they're capable of doing. But, if you need it.... ()

Toodles Turtles,

Tes

Last edited by Clever Tessa; 09-21-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Clever Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #14  

Hey Tes - I know I have lost a few pounds, but doesn't make me invisible.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #15  
Returnee

Wow.... I'm going to hope that you don't think I did that on purpose because your post kinda made my stomach drop...

SORRY!!!!!! Don't take it that I don't care or didn't notice. I usually keep a list of things I want to comment on and it must've gotten skipped. Because I'm here at work it usually takes about an hour to actually finish and post something.
Just dug through and found my note- and there was a note about your loss (well done, well done) and Zumba.

You know I'm happy for ya, and for everyone's success.

Tes

Last edited by Clever Tessa; 09-21-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Clever Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote