Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 02:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Angel's Better Body Challenge II

Hello Everyone.....

A New Thread!!!! Yeah!!!! I hope we get some new members also!!!!

OK Lets review what this is all about....

We are all doing something a little different but we are here to help, support, and encourage everyone.... We have are ups and our downs.... we try to stay up.....

I think we should start off with an introduction again for all the newcomers.

I am a single (engaged) mother of a 14 & 16 year old.... challenging to say the least. Getting married in seven weeks (UGH!!!), been a single mom for 13 years. I work out of the home although I am on the road alot (in sales). I am very unhappy at the way I look and how little motivation and self discipline that I have had over the past few years. I am looking to change all this.

Name: Ursula.... aka Angel

Short Term Goal: 175-180# (size 12) by 5/3/03 - My Wedding Day

Long Term Goal: 130- 135#

Exercise Routine: (M-F) 15 min cardio warm up,
30 min Circuit (alternate upper & lower)
45 min Cardio
10 min stretch
(Sat) 20 min cardio warm up,
60 min Circuit (both upper & lower)
60 min Cardio
20 min stretch
I am also trying to include walking and yoga in with this.... I am very determined.....

Food Routine: 1400 calories a day

Trying to follow the 90/10 plan by joy bauer. It is where 90% of the calories are from the good stuff and 10% is from the fun stuff.

Water: 8-12 glasses a day

Biggest Weakness: FOOD in the evening.... I graze at night when I am tired.

I know that my goals and plan are pretty well defined and I dont assume that everyone elses is there yet..... I have been really looking at this for awhile.

What I would like to see from everyone else is their starting point.
You can follow what I did above: Name, age, height, weight, size, goals that you have (which dont neccessarily have to be weight related, could be want to walk a mile by the end of January- whatever is important to you). Give us a brief introduction and the we can go from there......Anything else you would like to include do so....

I am so glad that all of you are here to help me, encourage me and support me.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Sandy - WELCOME ABOARD!!!!! I know the challenges of having endo and a hysterectomy..... I had endo for a long long time and did everything I could without having a hysterectomy. Then 3 years ago I found out I had cervical cancer. I ended up having to have a full hysterctomy where they also took out my ovaries.... I gained about 55# in less than 3 months... Hormones so out of whack....

I am so glad to here you have lost 6#'s WAY TO GO..... I know you can do it... especially now that you dont have all that pain...

Beth- You are an inspiration!!!! Way to go on all you weight lose so far.... how much have you lost total so far???? We are very proud of you.... Beth - are the construction guys out yet??? I hope so - that can be so frustrating! And to think you have been losing during this time.

Hey Bev- I understand the whole family taking over thing.... I have had more family in and out of this house since christmas... and will until the wedding.... the week before the wedding I am supposed to have 19 people here.... I have told people they are going to have to find somewhere else to go.... my stress is already going to be at an all time high....

Hey winnie- Glad to see you checking in... hopefully you can get back into this.....

As for me.... my stress level is so high right now that I have had two actual panic attacks... i have never had those before.... and I had quit taking the pills for awhile before they ahppened.... I was/am a little nerous about them even though I only take half of what they recommend.... I havent gained that wegith back but I havent lost any since then either.... I will probably go back on them....

I have lots to say but need to go get my son measured for his tux so I will chat later.....
Old 03-15-2003, 09:21 PM   #2  

Hello All!

Okay here goes.
Name: Beth Age:30 Clothing size 14/16 Starting weight:200
Current Weight:177.25. Goal weight: 125. Short term goal-170 by April 11th. I am going on vacation. Long term 125 and to be as tone as possible. Exercise- I do Leslie Sansones WATP 2 mile and love it! I do it twice a day sometimes its so easy!
Food plan- at least 80 0z of water, and basically moderation. If I feel like I have over done it thats the days I do my tape twice.
Biggest Weakness- Staying motivated. I know how to lose weight and I can do it but its the keeping it up that gets me. I tend to get fed up at some point and quit.

I guess I should also say I have been married for 7 years. I have two kids one boy 4 and one girl 2. They are a real challenge. I work second shift as a house manager with the mentally ill. I like my job but hate my boss! LOL!

The reason why I did this was because I did not want my kids to grow up with a fat mom. I want to be the best role model I can be in all areas. I want them to be proud of me! Also my a lot of my family members are heavy and I didn't want my kids to think this is how it has to be!

I am glad you liked my idea Angel and I am glad to see you back!
Have you thought about joing TOPS in your area? I think it you would find it a great sense of support. I think being accountable to others and in some ways competeing makes you try that much harder! I saw Bev has just recently joined! I am sorry to hear you are having panic attacks. Did you check with your doctor for sure and find out it was not the pills. I heard they can cause heart palpatations ect.. which could feel like a panic attack. I hope you figure this out.

Thanks for the congrads! I have lost 23lbs to date! Yeah! I actually wore a pair of jeans today that I could not even get on to weeks ago! I was so glad I found them because the others were getting so big!

Bev where are you from in NC? My dh is from Hendersonville. We are going there in April.

Well I need to run! I hope you all find us soon!

Beth
Old 03-15-2003, 09:53 PM   #3  

Hey Beth, Glad to see you also.... i dont have a tops in my area... do have a WW and have joined and dropped out a few times... thinking about going back....

7 WEEKS TILL THE WEDDING!!!!!!!

As for the panic attacks I actually went to the doctor friday... and he said he didnt think it was the pills because I had been off of them for several days when it happened.... he thinks it is the amount of stress that I have been under along with the fact that I have only made it to the gym twice in a week..... he thinks that me gong to the gym as much as I have has been keeping hte stress undercontrol.... and that when I wasnt going as much it came back in a bad way..... this wedding is going to kill me I know..... I told him I would get back to the gym and he told me that if I had more attacks after that that he woudl prescribe me something to take until this wedding is over.... i showed him my pills that I had been taking and he said that while he doesnt recommend them that in the doses that I am taking he didnt think they would be bad for me.... he didnt want me to take the full dose at all though.... I havent started taking them again yet.... but think I may in a few days.... he was encouraged with the weight lose that I had since he knows how much I have been doing....

I am starting to get either the flu or a cold.... and it has made me feel very tired.... so it is 10:00 on a saturday night and I am such an exciting creature that I am heading to bed.... boy I know how to party dont I??????

see everyone soon....
Old 03-15-2003, 09:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Howdy Everyone.

Well here it is. Sandy, 36 years young, Starting weight 214 could still make it in some of my 18s. Weight is down to 208. Long term goal is to be into a size 12-14 comfortably(hey I guess that I am being realistic here I have a large bone structure). Short term goal is to be at 199 by April 15th and to get outside more. As for exercise I do a 10 min ab workout twice a day and in time will increasr my exercise but just being 5 wks post op I am still leary about doin too much, oh yeah I guess that I could count work as a workout. I am in groc mgnt and am on my feet for 8 plus hrs a day goin nonstop. I am married(2nd) and have one son(6). As far as my food plan I have mainly concentrated on eating more healthy foods and only letting myself have the good stuff only twice a week. So far so good.

Beth way to go on the 23 lbs. Right now I am the opposite I am in search of jeans that are not too tight. When I lost 40 a few years ago I got rid of all but a few pairs and now kinda wish that I had them. At least they wouldnt be cutting off the circulation.

Angel, have you got your hormones right yet? I have already switched pills twice and so far so good. I was just wondering how did you know they was out of whack. I think that this is something that I might need for future reference.

Oh yea, I decided to do this so that I could be able to be there for my son and all the things that he loves to do.

sandy

Old 03-15-2003, 10:48 PM   #5  

I am new to this site. My name is Janice, and I am a working Mom with three kids (7,10, & 12). I live in NC and I am about to turn 41 (!!). I have fought the weight battle since my first child was born almost 13 years ago. I lose a little, gain a little, and so on!

I am 5'10", size 18, currently at 220. Goal weight is 185, which means I could wear size 12 again. Short term goal is 215 by my birthday (April 6th).

I lift weights 3 times a week and do cardio (walk, bike, or swim) 4-5 times a week. I have been back on the weight loss/exercise plan for the last two weeks and can already see a difference in the way my clothes fit!! It is just really tough to find the time to exercise and eat right - fast food is just so convenient!! It is also tough to stop using food as an emotional crutch...

I am trying to cut back on portions and eat more fruits, veggies, and low-fat meats and dairy. Nothing is off-limits, but I am trying to keep the junk foods to a minimum and drink LOTS of water. When eating out, I order whatever I want and eat half of the entree along with a salad and lots of water. Exercise is also a must for me!

My 7 year-old daughter is my biggest motivation for getting back on track. I want her to grow up and be healthy and strong with good eating and exercise habits. How can I possibly help her achieve that goal if I don't set the example myself?? I also coach her soccer and basketball teams, and I want to be in better shape so I can be a better coach!

I am excited about finding this site. I need all the support I can get...
Old 03-16-2003, 09:12 AM   #6  

WildMOM (Janice) - Welcome.... you look like you are doing great.... I can honestly say that when I workout I feel better... I havent been working out like a religion (like normal) for the past two weeks and boy can I tell a difference.... so think of working out as something you have to do for yourself.... because if you dont take care of yourself you cant take care of anyone else...

Fast food is a hard, hard thing to deal with.... I am in sales and have to take clients out to eat all the time.... and that is so hard because (1) most are guys and dont want to know that I am on a diet and (2) it is eating out!!!! I have been dong that eating half thing also and trying to select the right thing but sometimes salads are even bad....

Hi Sandy - so glad to see you here - as for my homrones... i have been on all kinds.... unfortunately for me my body doesnt like the foreign substances.... i was down to doing shots once a week and the first set they gave me was doing great... lost 17#s in 4 weeks - then I started getting migraines and they said my progesterine was spiking and they changed them, since then I have gained all that weight back and havent been able to lose anything.... which is so frustrating - you probably wont have all the problems that I have had - i am unusual one and the bain of my doctors.... I noticed right away when my hormones werent working.... incredibly tired no matter how much or how little I slept... weepy..... cranky.... mood swings..... immediate weight gain....

At 6 weeks post op do start everything slowly.... I dont know if you had yours as a c-section operation but I did and I proceeded to rip my incision twice for trying to get going too soon... so i would recommend the walking.... light weights for the upper arms and go real slow on the abs.... I am so glad that you are already losing the weight.... i know how exciting that can be.... Keep up the good work....

Well as for the wedding - yesterday firmed up the flowers and the cakes, today we are firming up the details on the reception site and the catering.... we finally fired the invitation guy... i had ordered them Jan 6th and they still havent arrived.... I have a friend that does custom invites and I just told her to do something... i didnt care anymore... Keith's custom made ring came in a size to small and takes 6 weeks to make a new one.... UGH!!!! I am looking forward to having all the little things taking care of....

I hope everyone is doing well..... lets make this a great week.... I need one of those real bad.....
Old 03-16-2003, 08:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Hiya

Hi I think I like this thread can I join in also??
Name: Jenifer
Work: Receiving Clerk (office job) at Major Home Improvement Store
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 212
Clothing Size: 14/16
Short Term Goal: onEdErLaNd (in the 100's)
Long Term Goal: 165-175

Exercise Routine: Try to run 1 mile and walk each day during the week! Check my Journal out! I am doing good real good! WHoohoo!

Currently I was just getting the exercise in and now as of tomorow 3-17-03 I want to keep track of my points with Weight Watchers on my own at home.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:53 AM   #8  

hey,
I'm still here,so don't think I'm gone.It's been very hard for me this past week,I haven't been to the gym.I hope I will tomorrow,drinking water for me is not a problem,so that's a plus.
Angel:girl I'm with you 100% so keep going 7 weeks are still enough.So give it your best okay!
For the rest of the girls:we need to stay in this,some of us don't post often and need to stay focus!I really want to do this and woun't turn back.
Happy sant patrick's day to all of you!!for me is more than special,because is my sister's birthday!
well I have to go,see you all soon!!!
Winnie
Old 03-17-2003, 08:08 AM   #9  

Hello Everyone!!!!

Welcome JustSecretGirl!!!!! We have a good upbeat group of ladies here and we would love to have you on board.... You look like your exercising is going in the right direction.... YEAH!!!!!!

Winnie Hopefully you can get back on a normal routine....Tell your sister Happy Birthday from us!!!!

As for me... I have the crud real bad... woke up more tired than i went to bed.... keith told me I have a pretty rough fever.... so I didnt go to the gym this am but I did get up a clean the house because it was so awful and I felt like I should do something.... besides cleaning house does burn calories right???? I want to climb back in bed but I have several meetings lined up for today so I cant....

I hope everyone else has a happy st patricks day.... we have got the luck of the irish on our side so we can do this!!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 12:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hi everyone! Welcome Just and Wild. I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend. This was the last weekend that I will have off for a while I go back to work full time today(yuck). Took my son out for a day of fun on Sat. and ended up eating way too much. I know that there isn't no use on obessing about it it is done and over with. Sun went very well on the food and so-so on the exercise front. I guess that they only thing that I don't have trouble with is the water.

Just sounds as if you are doing great with your exercise. I know that you will do a great job with the WW points. Wish that I could get motivated to go out and run but hey I know my day will come soon.

Wild you are doin so good you are an insperation to me. Keep up the wonderful work.

Winnie, sorry that you have had such an awful week. I pray that this one will be much better for you. I agree I think that we all need to try to keep on postin. I know that this really helps me stay focused. Espically now seein how I am an emotional eater as well and with all that is goin on right now(possible war)I am a basket case.

Angel, hang in there girl. So sorry to hear that you have the creapin crud but hang in there stay tuff it will be gone soon. Glad that you got your invites straightened out. My hyst was done LAVH and it was a breeze. I didn't start the ab workout til 3 wks post op. I asked my doctor if I could and he told me to go ahead do anything I wanted but watch the lifting and to have "creative sex". DH really got a kick out of that. When I went back 5 wks post op he told me that I was doin great and go out and enjoy life. Thurs will be 6 wks post op and so far I am doin wonderful, Last night was the first flare up of endo that I have had since the surgery. Still have some on my bladder. Thanks so much for the info about the hormones.

Well gotta go time to leave for work. Everyone enjoy today. I really don't know how everyone feels but please pray that this awful stink mess won't result in war.

Sandy
moving and now living life to the fullest
Old 03-17-2003, 02:52 PM   #11  

Hello All!
This is great we have to new people! I think starting the thread over did the trick! It sounds like we got to really motivated people to!
I had a fairly good weekend. I did have Dairy Queen but I did not feel bad about it. I had done my 2 mile tape and I had cleaned house all day. I even scrubbed the floor by hand. I was supposed to work on laundry today but I just can't get motivated. I would rather play on the computer!
It has been so nice here and that always makes you feel better. I took my kids to the park two days in a row. Problem is they never want to leave!
Angel I sure hope you feel better soon! To bad you just can't call in sick and let yourself rest. You probably will lose weight this week just from not eating.
Sandy good luck going back to work! What grocery store chain do you work for?
Wild mom where are you from in NC? My dh is from Hendersonville. We are going there in April.
Winnie glad to see you hanging in hear! I know you will do better this week with the weather being so much nicer here in Illinios!
Well it looks like my construction guys will be done today! I can't believe it! Only 10 days off there mark. We have some stuff we have to finish. They did a good job for the most part. I am just glad they will be gone!YEAH!

Catch you later!
Beth
Old 03-17-2003, 08:17 PM   #12  

You guys seem like a pretty motivated group - I like that!! I need all the inspiration I can get...

I had to go out for lunch with some co-workers today and overdid it BUT I just had yogurt for dinner to compensate. Yeah, me!! That is one of the toughest things for me - accepting that sometimes I will slip but that doesn't mean I just give up and go back to the old ways! I also had another co-worker comment that I looked like I had lost some weight. That always makes me feel better! And I walked 2 miles at lunch and spent an hour at soccer practice. Overall, not a bad day!!

Losing - I live in Raleigh, but my college roommate lives in Hendersonville and we have a branch office in Brevard, so I go up that way pretty frequently. It is a beautiful part of the state!!

Oh well, I am off to do laundry and dishes - oh joy!! Have a Happy St Patrick's Day!!

Janice
Old 03-17-2003, 10:01 PM   #13  

Hey Everyone,

Well the crud is upon me full force.... cant breathe, coughing and hacking, eyes are swollen.... YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! They say this lasts seven days.... I am on day 3.... hopefully it wont be long now....

So good to hear from so many people.... YEAH!!!! Keep it up....

I am off to bed.... maybe I can sleep some of this off....
Old 03-18-2003, 05:45 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello Angel... and all

Thanks for the welcome to newbies... guess that would be me!!

I live in the suburbs of beautiful Seattle; am single and work at a biotech lab at a job I just love! I moved back here from Fort Lauderdale a little over a year ago so have had lots of adjustments and unfortunately let all the stress get the best of me and gained back the weight I had lost before... but hey, here we go again! I've recently lost 32.5 pounds and am now on a great plan and routine... it's great to come here and find support and meet others sharing the same struggles.

Name: Sue - aka dance4joy

Height: 5'10"

Starting weight: 286
Current weight: 252.5
Goal: 160
Pounds lost so far 33.5
Still to go: 92.5 (I went under the 100 mark, yay!)

Exercise Routine: 3-4 times a week minimum at gym
Includes 45 min to an hour of cardio (treadmill, cross trainer, bikes); strength training.
Incorporate some walking and stair climbing

Food Routine:
Eat healthful meals... don't "count" calories but I know what is the correct amount. I take Juice Plus Complete supplement daily, eat lots of fish and chicken, and steam fresh veggies; lots of brown rice and couscous with health soup over it. Stay faithful to the plan and don't ever cheat.

Water: Lots of it, often with lemon. This is easy for me as I love water.... but take my water bottle to work and make sure I refill it several times during the day.

Biggest Weakness: Not wanting to go to the gym, although I enjoy it once I get there. I am fortunate in that there is a nice one in my apartment complex so just have to walk up there!

Biggest strength/what I am doing for support: As a Christian, I am in a wonderful Home Group, most of whom are also trying to get or stay fit and healthy. So I have great prayer support and 3D encouragement. Also coming here where I can check in with others and find some people who really understand and we can mutually cheer each other on.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Sue - aka dance4joy

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 03-18-2003 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:48 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hey Janice, sounds as if you are new here too???? It's great to meet you!

Hey, yah, don't let the slip ups get you down... sometimes we all just have to pick ourselves back up and keep going. Maybe you will burn off some calories picking yourself up.

Angel, sorry to hear you are ill... hope you are better soon!

Sue
Closed Thread