Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 10:01 AM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#300

WELCOME!

First of all, congratulations to US!
We are now 300 threads strong!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!

Last edited by QueenB; 03-16-2003 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:13 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES !!!!
300 x approximately 30 = 9,000 posts !!!!
That is AWESOME !!!
Old 03-16-2003, 10:41 AM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Wooo Hooo! First of all, let me say that I haven't finished reading thread #299 yet, but I saw that Mary had added the 30th post and didn't start a new one, so that was my perfect chance to hop in and start our 300th thread! I've been secretly wanting to be the one that started it. Please don't hold it against me.

Well girls, I've finally done it. I have cleaned out my closet and got rid of my fat clothes. There is no looking back now. No holding onto items just in case. There will be NO just in case. I want you to know that I filled up 4-30 gallon trash bags with all the clothes I got rid of. Most were way too big, some I wouldn't even wear when I'm finished losing weight, some still had tags and some were just those hideous clothes that my Mom buys me, but I'm too scared to throw them away in case she wants to see them someday. But I got rid of ALL of them. I made major headway in my closet and I felt really good taking them over to Littlefields. Now, I'm sure you probably don't know what "Littlefields" is, so I'll tell you. A long time ago, Reverend Littlefield started up a place where you could drop items off and they would be distributed to those that are less fortunate. Everything I put in those bags were in close to new condition, (I'm not very rough on clothes) and I even thought about taking them to the salvation army, but people that go there have to pay for clothes and at Littlefields, they are just donated, so I felt better about taking them there. I hope they do someone some good....but NOT this girl! All 24's, 26's and 28s are forever gone! All 3x's and some 2x's are not taking up space in my closet anymore! I was very honest with myself and let go of the things that are no longer necessary in my life and along with all the clothing that left my home, some emotional baggage went with them as well. Nope, don't worry....I didn't get rid of dh.

Speaking of dh, got a story for you. After my liberating moment with my closet, we decided to go out and eat. I did the 2 mile WATP AND the 3 mile WATP the day before, so I thought I might just have a little splurge. So, I did eat one plate, ok....no lies here. 2 plates, but they were reasonable. I had some mashed potatos, corn, a little piece of steak, a baked chicken breast and some banana pudding. Keep in mind, I had also only eaten 6 points, so I really didn't do all that bad. Anyways, I had announced when we sat down at the table, that I was going to have a little "splurge". Well, when I came back to the table with my banana pudding, Brian (my 14 year old) looked over at the bowl and said, "Splurge? I can see that." Now, this comes off as being very hateful. I honestly do not think this was his intent, because he is not a nasty person, but this flew all over dh. He didn't say anything at first, but I looked over at him and his face was very red, nearing to purple. I looked over at him and I said, "It's ok." (cause I knew the remark probably made him mad) He said, "No, it's not ok." By this time, Brian (who's in la-la land most of the time anyways since he's hit his teens) realizes that his Dad is mad and said, "What's the matter Dad?" Well, dh looked at him and said through clenched teeth....(I kid you not) "Your mother works her A$$ off to lose weight and she decides to have a decent meal one night and you say something stupid like that." First of all, let me just say that I didn't like him using that language with Brian, but it also startled me because dh doesn't cuss, so for him to say A$$, that means he is either mad, or feels pretty passionately about something and for him to say that regarding me, even though I wasn't happy with his anger towards Brian, I was totally happy that he was taking up for me (or so he thought) and I saw how important and how proud he is of me. Even though he's always telling me how good I look and things like that, to see him react that way to me, made me feel pretty good. Brian apologized all over himself and said he truly didn't mean anything by it, and I believe him...he's just at that stage that no matter what he says, it sounds like a smart remark.

Anyways....that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm at work now and I've been hogging the computer for awhile, so I'm gonna let co-worker have a stab at it. Have a wonderful day and I'll be seeing you later!
Old 03-16-2003, 12:06 PM   #4  

Good Sunday Afternoon girls,
This is a first for me. I had to read almost an entire post to catch up. We had an awesom time at the dinner/dance last night. It was all family and friends. Let me explain~~~winters are long and cold here in Maine and you don't get out much to socialize. Well a couple of the girls in the family decided to do this~~~rent a hall, hire a band, and send invites to family and friends and charge $10.00 per couple to get in the door, and you had to have a date and bring a dish (food)! So, the band was so good, they played a variety of music, we danced about 5 dances (me and hubby) this is a miracle, cause hubby dosnt usually dance, but he had a few beers with his brothers and well he got a little loose This man drinks maybe 2 times a year, so it does not take much. We ended up staying till the very end and the band was tearing down. I also danced a few dances with the girls!!! You know how girls can be, so we were all out ther bopping around in all our glory. I did good with the food too, which I was so worried about, but I saved almost all of my points for lastnight just in case. I ended up having a small pc of Lasagna, a spoon full of spaggetti of some sorts, 2 small meatballs, a spoonful of bbq pork, and a chicken wing(I pulled the skin off) well thats what I put on the plate, but ate about 1/2 and then proceeded to throw the plate in the garbage so I would not pick! Then later we did have a few Nacho chips with somekind of spinich dip...it was good, but I did not go overboard, so I ended up being so proud of myself!!!

Okay enough about me!!

Tina, my son too says things sometimes without a thought to what he is really saying and my dh gets really upset with him and on his butt about it. It is nice to know that dh cares so much though isnt it? Keep up the good work.

Love and Hugs,
Sandy
Old 03-16-2003, 01:57 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Default 300, huh?

That means I've been here for 184 threads! Good grief. You want to know the scary thing? I was 2 lbs heavier than I am now, when I started, . And that doesn't mean I've only lost 2# in 1 year and 2 months and 16 days...I had managed to GAIN 12 lbs in that time and then lose 14.

Now...the old me would spend a day eating just to wallow in depression and self pity and self hate...and I did get a few flashes of those feelings. But, what the heck good would it do me? Besides...at least I'm not HEAVIER than I was then!

Chat was fun last night...I did pay for it at work though. 45 minutes of sleep is simply NOT ENOUGH! I got my sleep in this morning...and no work tonight, so I'm okay.

My food choices have been great. We went out to eat with another couple last night. I had salad from the salad bar...one of those monstrosities that has everything under the sun on it, half of which is NOT very healthy. I chose vegetables only and ordered grilled salmon which came with a choice of potato, one of them being "Saratoga Chips." I thought the waiter said they were roasted sweet potato chunks, so I ordered that...it was just plain ol' roasted potatoes...so I didn't eat them. I love potatoes of any kind, but I've been limiting carbs, so when it wasn't what I wanted, I passed. I am very proud of that. It's a big step for me.

Oh yeah...and someone at work last night asked me if I have lost weight. I told her , "yes, 14 lbs." She made a big deal of it, how noticeable it was and all...it felt good. Great motivation to keep going.

I want to reply to everybody, but it's 65 degrees outside...what the heck am I doing in here???

I'll be back...
Old 03-16-2003, 02:50 PM   #6  

Well it looks like I have alot of catching up to do! I haven't been online much. Things are great for me, and it looks like everyone else is doing great too! 2cute: congrats on the loss! We are a bunch of losers here!! As far as the walking, no not yet
, but I have been moving much more. Each day that eat right I feel better and my house gets cleaner and cleaner. Before I started WW I did nothing, I am being totally honest here and it kills me to admit it but maybe it will help. I was the remote queen. I would get up with my kids in the morning and when they left for school, I would go back to bed and sleep till noon then get up and move it to the couch for a couple of hours and just before they returned from school I would go shower and maybe load the dishwasher. And then take my place on the couch again until the hubby got home and then maybe get dinner on. Meanwhile eating the whole time I am sitting. Well these days I am a new person. No more morning naps, I get up and do dishes and then continue with the housework through out the day, no more couch! Now this might seem like regular daily chores to some of you , as it should be, but for me it was a hard thing for me to do. I believe I also battle depression at times. But the better I eat, the better I feel and the more I do the less I feel depressed. So it is a vicious cycle, and I am trying to turn it in the right direction. Anyway, there is more of my story. Thanks for listening.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:48 PM   #7  

Good afternoon all. Just peeking in. We are going to grill outside this evening and having company so I can't stay. Just had to tell Kat I am proud of you for losing those 14lbs !!! A lot of us seemed to have been in a holding pattern ... but we are on a roll now to LOSE.
I am beginning to wish I came to chat instead.
It sounds like you guys were up all night having FUN.
Michelle... you can fill me in on all I missed via email or PM.

Tina... I am soooo proud of you for getting rid of those larger clothes. You are NEVER going to need them again. They say that is one of the best gifts you can give yourself.

Sandy... sounds like you had a great time the other night.
I miss having FUN like that. Maybe someday soon I will be planning a dinner dance myself.
In fact... if you guys would all come to OKLA I would throw us one heck of a shing ding.

Deon... I am especially proud of YOU !!! I have been where you were more times than I care to admit. Now my downfall is this darn computer instead of the tv. LOL Bad behavior brews more bad behavior. BUT on the other side of that coin... good behavior breeds more good behavior too. WAY TO GO GIRL !!!

I think Donna comes back tonight doesn't she? She will have lots of good stories to tell us I am sure.
Okay... I have to run. time to get those charcoals heated up.
bye bye
Old 03-16-2003, 05:55 PM   #8  

Where is everyone?

I see 2 cute popped her head in to peek and gave me and deon a little to read. Can anyone else come out and play?
Old 03-16-2003, 07:00 PM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here cooking dinner, Cornish hens and wild rice.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:42 PM   #10  

Would you believe I'm 33 and never had or tried cornish hen. I have seen it in the store and often thought of buying it but havnt yet. Is it good? And do you buy 1 per person or what is the deal? Maybe 1 per 2 people?

We had boiled dinner again, lots of veggies and turkey ham slices....fills you up real good.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:45 PM   #11  

and I have another question, inquiring minds need to know. How can you tell what number post we are on? Like 320 or 30? Just wondering....gotta know everything you know.
Old 03-16-2003, 08:02 PM   #12  
I'm on my way!

I am sooo exhausted but I need to get crackin' on the books when I finally get off of here.

Sandy, when you are at the support thread and you are searching for the 300+ thread if you notice the box at the top that says replies...that tells you how many people replied in this thread, so when it says 29 then we start another thread because #30 will show up on the second page. As far as the #300 thread we just go from #300 to #301 as we start a new one...its just consecutive threads...does that make sense?

Well today we took Andrew out in his battery operated 4 wheel drive truck and the kid just loved the heck out of the darn thing. He knows how to push the lever up and down to make it go forward or backward and how to step on the gas but he needs practice steering...I don't think he makes the connection with the steering wheel just yet! He is a smartie so I am sure it won't take him long! He laughed like crazy every time he backed into the patio or the slab the shed sits on....Crash Jr.

We also put together his little tykes jungle climber. If you ever need to put those plastic toys together that just don''t snap in where they are suppose to...try using cooking spray on the parts that fit together...for some reason it helps them slide and snap right into place!! Who would have known???

2Cute...you'll just have to stay in suspense...you should have been there last night!! My guts were flowing!!

Sandy...cornish hens are good....men tend to need a whole one if they are big eaters...women can share one with the kids or have leftovers! I usually stuff mine with the wild rice.

Deon...baby steps! One change at a time and once it becomes routine go on to the next step..makes life so much less stressful! Any progress is progess....keep up the good work!

Tina....you are doing a great job on your weightloss...and I'm sure your son did not mean anything by his comments...remember...he is male and males don't think like females...they don't get things sometimes...and don't think that what they are saying is hurtful...you have a great husband there sticking by you too! Can you clone him and send him my way? I'm looking for a HUSBAND!!

Lucky where the heck are you today???

Kat...14 lbs is a ten pound bag of potatoes and 4 lbs of butter...imagine carrying that around in your arms all day long!!

Ok now that I came out of hiding the rest of you better 'git here now too!

Gotta hit the books...I'll check back before I go to bed!

TTFN Michelle
Old 03-16-2003, 08:31 PM   #13  

Okay, do I feel stupid??? I knew the answer to that post question. I guess I just wasn't thinking cause I get the things in my email to tell me someone has posted so I hardly ever go to the page that tells the number of replies and stuff (does that make sence?)

I think I will have to try cornish hen. Does it taste just like chicken? HUMMMMM, I love chicken and even my 11 year old is getting to the point when he asks whats for supper and I say chicken he says "AGAIN"....oh well, if you don't like it you know where the baloney is!!!!

Our kids had those battery operated things too Michelle and they are a hoot arnt they, the kids feel like big shots in them. Evan had a dump truck (Big Jake) and Lexi a three wheeler one. Thanks for the heads up about the cooking spray, they have a little tykes boat sandbox/wadding pool thing that you take apart for the winter and put back together and I am always struggeling to get that thing snapped back together.

Hugs and Kisses,
~~Sandy~~

PS) I'm jelous I missed chat too!!! But did have a blast at the party.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Boy weren't you all chatty this weekend. I was stuck at work. 12 hours on Saturday and 8 hours today. And on top of that, my MIL is in the hospital. They think she had a heart attack, but have to run more tests. I read all your posts, but I am too tired for any replies. So I'll be back tomorrow after a good nights sleep.
Steph
Old 03-16-2003, 09:33 PM   #15  

Michelle... for some reason I KNEW you were going to say that about missing chat. Grrrrr
As much as I HATE being left out... and even though I was spending HOURS in here posting for all of you to have something to read when you returned from chat .... (remember I posted 2 longgggggg posts for you) ...even though ALL OF THAT ... I guess I don't get to know your inner most feelings.

Hi Steph... I appreciate you stopping in just to let us know you are fine. Have a good nights sleep.

Sandy.. You were off having FUN during chat.... POOR ME was in here slaving all alone... by herself ... to give those chatters something to read when they returned from their fun.

mary.... throw one of those cornish hens for me too.
I can eat a whole one by myself .... I guess I have a mans appetite. LOL

Okay... I snuck in here while running to the bathroom. I have to get back to company. bye bye
Closed Thread