Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thurs 30 Sep 2010

New to Ideal Protein or to 3fatchicks Ideal Protein forum? Please start here -- post your introduction, read this post and ask your questions in this thread.

Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Well today is WI today. I feel way better today!! Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Well today is WI today. I feel way better today!! Hope you all have a great day!!
Glad you feel better!! Good luck at your weigh in.

I am off to Phoenix for a week, I still fell kinda yukky. Hopefully it will go away soon!!! I have my packets all ready to go. Have a great Thursday everyone! Thanks tcswain for the compliment, greatly appreciated.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

OK, I've made it through a month, dropped 12 good lbs as hopefully my Monday it will be 16/17 b/c of TOM. Dropped 19 inches which is almost unbelievable since I'm now getting out of clothes that I've had for 10 years + cause they are just too big. Finally fitting in boutique stuff which I am enjoying shopping for. Don't want to buy too much hoping I can get even smaller than 1 size down. Have read lots on here and it's helped so much. Been up and down in whether this will work and all I have to do is look at my WW records from last year and say look and see how long it took to drop those 12 lbs. Told a complete stranger about IP yesterday that I overheard she wanted to start it. That always pumps me up. Hope all have another cheat free weekend as I really need to do the water thing full force.

Last edited by LAShutterbug; 09-30-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

MINI-GOAL #1 : Weigh less than my husband. - -> Reached TODAY!!!!!!

I'm so happy! Today I weight 1 pound less than my husband and that has not happened in 15 years!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post

I'm so happy! Today I weight 1 pound less than my husband and that has not happened in 15 years!!!!
Congratulations! That's one of my mini-goals too! I've got about 15 lbs to go.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #7  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
Finally fitting in boutique stuff which I am enjoying shopping for. Don't want to buy too much hoping I can get even smaller than 1 size down.
This is what I cannot wait for! To be a size 14 and know that I can walk into just about any shop or boutique and know that something will fit me. I do not even enjoy shopping at this weight. All my girlfriends & family do (I'm the fattest person out of all my friends and family). I tend to sit at home with the guys while they go out shopping. This weight is making me lose my feminity --- ahhhhhhh! HELPPPP!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #8  
just Rhonda please!

Quote:

Definitely one of my goals too but I have about 30-40 lbs. to go.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #9  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Good morning all! Great losses everyone!( group cheer! where's MotherDuck's chant?)

Sngn4God- welcome!!!! This is my first BLOG as well. I actually found this forum after much prayer. I Know The Holy Spirit led me to this diet and this group.. Great group here. Informative/supportative and loving. We are connected by the same challenge, more fat on out bodies than we need. It's as simple as that. Each of us have our own individual stresses of how we got this way, but how beautiful we met here, supporting each other with the proper dietary knowledge now to get us to where we need to be which is a HEALTHY WEIGHT. The joy of weight loss is wonderful But the rediscovering of one's true self is awesome!!! The journey is incredible...just take it one meal at a time..

( Ok, I hope I didn't sound corny.. )
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #10  
sheila

ok considering I had three cheats last week I lost a pound but up 2 inches coach said it may be because of my bra but yesterday was awesome and today will be the same. You all are awesome!!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #11  
just Rhonda please!

Okay, I've encountered my first naysayer. I wanted to shout "SHUT UP ALREADY!!!" She's my best friend and is taking courses to be a certified Personal Trainer. I'm getting so sick of her acting like she knows every fricken' thing about the body when just a year ago she was selling electricity.

Thanks for letting me VENT!!

I'm going to do what I need to do for myself.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

melaniestf Congrats on reaching mini goal #1....that is great...I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago (weigh less than my husband), had to work at it as he was loosing too but now I do!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

OK just had to post something to show off my siggie. Been waiting to get that running. LOL
Old 09-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
Okay, I've encountered my first naysayer. I wanted to shout "SHUT UP ALREADY!!!" She's my best friend and is taking courses to be a certified Personal Trainer. I'm getting so sick of her acting like she knows every fricken' thing about the body when just a year ago she was selling electricity.

Thanks for letting me VENT!!

I'm going to do what I need to do for myself.
I've met a couple of negative nellies too. I just tell them that I was skeptical at first too, but googled Ideal Protein, and when I couldn't find a single negative thing, I figured, well, this must be okay.
But I think the final proof will be when they 'see my steadily shrinking backside' as Dave says. That's what really did it for me as well. I was convinced to look into this diet when I saw that my hairdresser had lost over 30 lbs in 6 weeks. Previously I'd 'poopooed' a diet where you have to buy the food, but when I saw her, I had to sit up and take notice.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #15  
sheila

RhondaLynn you just made me laugh! My good friend who has been on WW for 5 years is the same way, needless to say we don't discuss diets at all anymore!!
Closed Thread