Old 09-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default Body Gospel -- 30 Days of Transformation

Today is Day 1 for me in my journey with the Body Gospel program. The program includes workout videos, nutrition guide with two weeks of menus, and a 30-day Total Transformation Guide. I will be posting each day's suggested topic and accompanying Bible verse and hope that others will join me in considering the topics and joining in a discussion about the topics, any difficulties we are having with that particular issue, etc.

See the Day 1 post below.

Donna D., Hemet, CA
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #2  

Default Day 1: In His Hands

Today's topic is the fear and trepidation we may feel about getting started on a new fitness plan, and turning that fear into excitement about the journey.

For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, Fear not; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13.

I have lots of logical reasons to lose weight, but it's been a long time since I've been motivated to want to do it. I know I need to make big changes to my lifestyle and, frankly, I'm lazy and undisciplined and haven't wanted to do it. But every journey starts with that first step, right? So I've started and I am hoping (praying) that my motivation and committment increase as I go.

Donna D., Hemet, CA
Old 09-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

I haven't heard of this program, but thanks for sharing! I've never really thought about being fearful as I begin a weight loss plan, but that's probably right. I'm always afraid of failure, so maybe I don't approach it with excitement at the change and growth and I can experience through the process, but rather more a dread of having to live like this forever (dieting). You're not alone (lazy/undisciplined!) I did a study once that pointed out how God made our bodies to work and move and He calls us to be self-controlled, so when we get ourselves going and exercise discipline when we eat we are glorifying God in our bodies. I try to remind myself of that

Looking forward to reading your updates. Blessings today! ~Jenny
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Donna! Welcome to our site!

For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, Fear not; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13.

It is just strange I just left a message in our diet thread about fearing God and I think it is wrong to fear him. How can you love someone you fear? I can't, I do not fear him I love him, I have respect for Jesus who has helped me as much as he has. He is AMAZING! I find it a privilege to do his work here on earth, I find it a privilege to love him. He can hold my hand and guide me any time he wants too, I am ready!

I must say though I fear Satan for he is always up to no good! He wants me to fail He wants to turn me against Jesus! He wants to ruin my life! That does not mean I am going to bow down to him and do what he wants me to do, just because I fear him. I fear a snake but I show that snake no mercy same goes for Old Satan.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #5  

The Bible speaks of fearing God which is what she may be talking about.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #6  

Hi Carol! Yes the Bible talks about fearing God all the time, which is one thing I never understood but Rosebud explained it to me in our diet thread. Which really makes a heap of sense. I just don't understand the Bible that well, sorry, sometimes I just need someone to explain it to me like Rosebud did.

How are you doing Carol?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #7  

I'll just share the way I used this concept yesterday.

DH and I were on our way to WalMart. It was about 6:00 and we had not had dinner yet.

On the way, he decided that, since we'd be eating dinner late, he'd like a burger from McDonald's. I told him that was fine but I didn't want anything.

Because of the time of day, there was a long line before we could place our order. I was visualizing God holding my hand and asking for the strength to resist having anything. He orders a burger and fries; do I want anything? No, thank you.

We pull over so he can eat (he was driving.) He comments about my will power and offers to share. I am still visualizing God holding my right hand and smiling a little because while I am totally capable of using my left hand to eat , I am right-handed and would normally reach for the food with my right hand. And while the burger smelled good, the smell of greasy fries was really not appealing to me and I did not feel deprived at all. And when we got out of the car I made sure I threw the bag in the trash so the car wouldn't smell like fast food the next time we got in it.

Did our shopping in record time, came home and fixed a delicious dinner, and I had about 50 calories left over at the end of the day (thanks to my walk.) VICTORY! THANK YOU, GOD!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #8  

Default Day 2: Holy Hope

Today's lesson talks about how hope can carry us through. The guided prayer is O Lord, my hope is in you. Thank you for giving me the courage to use my strength to love you. I have high hopes, Lord, and trust that you will help me carry them through this program.

Let your mercy, O Lord, be on us, according as we hope in you. Psalm 33:22.

Today I'm going to focus on the strength and hope I already possess. I'm going to use my strength to make good choices in order to create the life I believe God wants me to have. I can do all things through Him that strengtheneth me. Sorry, I don't know what verse that is, but it's one of the few that I carry around in my head.

Right now I'm thinking of this like a guided tour: you travel a certain road, stop at certain places, and there are little guideposts that tell you about the place you've stopped and what its significance is. (DH and I love to travel.) So as I take this journey and stop at the suggested places, think on, meditate on, the suggested topics, I will hope I get to where I want to be.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #9  

Default Day 3: A New Creation

Today's topic talks about how committing to a new physical regimen is like becoming a new creation, and how this metamorphosis is scripturally ordained. "It is God's design that we not only become a new creation in our relationship with Christ, but also take that spiritual design and apply it to our physical selves."

Guided prayer: Dear Jesus, I am astounded by your desire to renew me, body and soul. I am honored to be your creation and to use my physical strength to glorify you. Please continue to give me the motivation to actively renew my health and fitness level.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Today's topic really resonates with me. My failing with my past efforts to lose weight has always been loss of motivation. I'll get down to a certain weight, then get tired of being disciplined about my food and exercise, and relapse into old habits and the weight comes back. I haven't really become a new creature.

eta: I'm quite sure I posted this yesterday but now it isn't there! How strange.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #10  

Default Day 4: Strong and Noble

Today's discussion talks about the embarrassment we may feel if we are unable to accomplish a task based on physical limitations. It puts forward the idea that becoming physically fit brings us one step closer to delighting God.

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies ... she girds her loins with strength, and strengthens her arms. Proverbs 31:10,17.

This is a concept I need to explore more. I've often felt embarrassment because of my weight but it was usually connected to my vanity over my appearance. There was a time when I would fly without using my seat belt because I was too embarrassed to ask for the seat belt extender. But the weight creeps on so gradually that it's easy not to realize we've lost physical abilities, too -- unless and until we try to resume them again!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:42 PM   #11  

That was in my marriage ceremony 39 years ago the last day of this year. But much longer.

You know I hear a-lot of people say they are embarrassed to go out and exercise but you know if they would it would encourage more to get out and exercise. I would say way to go! They are a work of God in progress!

You do not have to dress in one of those tiny suits, GEE! Dress comfortable and be ready to move. I had a friend one time that she encouraged me to just walk around the couch as many times as I could when it was bad weather. Move your bode to the music around the house , someday I am going to get caught doing that.

I just thank the Dear Lord I can move again!

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-30-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #12  

Ladtynred, I enjoy your candor and your posts. I haven't heard of the program either, but will gladly follow your postings.

Last edited by editor; 10-01-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: mispelled her name
editor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #13  

Is anyone still doing this one? I just received my set yesterday and am starting it on Monday. I could sure use some support......
fchsfootballmom is offline   Reply With Quote