South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chatter

Good morning. My body got up at 4:30 but my brain has been dozing until now. Coffee is helping a bit.

I've done online check-in and have printed my boarding passes. Now I guess I should pack ... once my laundry dries! We will be on our way by noon so I have a few things to get done before then. This time tomorrow, I'll be making pasta for lunch in the palazzo and still struggling to learn Italian. I think "non parlo italiano" will be my most used phrase. I'll be on the lookout for SBD-type recipes.

Have a great week or so. I'll be back late on the 8th although I may pop in if I have access to a computer over there.

See y'all. Stay on track!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:43 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Have a wonderful trip Ruth!
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers while you're away.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Have a wonderful time Ruth!

Heidi - good morning How's the long week going?

I survived yesterday, actually it wasn't too bad. I was able to stop home for lunch so that really helped. Everything went smoothly though, of course, I wish I'd been able to get more done.

I seem to be in a run of unfortunate incidences though. Last night I broke a window opening the storm window ( very old house with old fashioned and rusted storm windows). Luckily just a tiny cut and the glass was contained. Then this morning my personal computer refused to go online (I think my wireless card died) so I'm using the work laptop. Hope that's the end of the little annoyances!

Today is just an on the road day visiting lots of providers. I love doing that so it will be fun. Then this afternoon I'm meeting some of my coworkers from the soon to be past job for drinks on the deck. I'm so tired it might just be iced coffee for me but it will be really fun to spend some relaxing time with them.

I'm looking forward to a weekend of house cleaning, apple picking and drying, and reading
Old 09-30-2010, 06:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have a wonderful trip, Ruth, and Godspeed.

Heidi, how's your week going? I think this storm we're getting right now is headed your way, so keep your raingear out!

Cyndi, I'm relieved to hear your day wasn't too awful, and glad you didn't get cut bad when the window broke. I hope you have a restful weekend planned. Enjoy your evening on the deck with your soon-to-be-X co-workers, and I hope it doesn't rain on you!

It's a very soggy morning here for the last day of September. It's coming down in buckets and supposed to be pretty stormy all day. I'll be able to get out to the farm but may have to stay there overnight if the creek floods.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning lovely ladies

Ruth - I hope you have an amazingly fabulous trip!! Ciao.

This college app stuff with my son is so stressing me out. I gnashed my teeth on too much bread last night as a result. So I am cutting that out again for a while. Me and bread. Sigh. My eating just has not been good for too long now. At least my exercise is going well. Niggles and errands today.

Have a great one all.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

I stayed up late last night and so got up way past my usual time. Unfortunately, it looks as if I've missed the chance to say Buon viaggio! to Ruth!

I'm glad to hear your cut wasn't too bad, Cyndi!

Take care everyone! I've got to get some stuff done here as I think my Sis will be showing up soon. I don't know what's in store for the day, I'll just go with the flow and eat OP.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/197/160

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies!

Have fun Ruth! I just got back from my vacation and I already want another one!

Good Morning Heidi.

Karen: On our trip to Maine we had some delicious brioche that was buttered an warm-I had one piece, then another and then I had my dinner come which included another yummy piece. I was in bread heaven! I got back on the wagon on Monday though-bye bye yummy bread!

Cottage: I would give anything for a rainy day here! We have hardly seen any rain in over a month and the heat continues to be in the 80s and 90s.

Cyndi: Vermont is my favorite state this time of year. I used to go apple picking up there with my family each fall. Have fun doing that!

Debbie: I cant read PM on my work computer, not sure why.

I managed to lose the 5 or 6 pounds I gained on my vacation. It is really hard to stay OP when you are on an island and at the mercy of the three food suppliers that are there. I have also lost an additional pound so I am feeling pretty good about that! I even got two of my friends motivated to start Phase 1 this week, I hope they keep it up!

Lots of stress this week and unfortunate happenings. I am trying to find ways to turn my free time into new hobbies as to stay positive. I am thinking of taking an art class or a laughing yoga class. I also thought it would be fun to get a seasonal job for the holidays at the Anne Taylor Loft that is in our neighborhood-clothes always make me happy!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Hello ladies!!! I'm late coming into the thread today. Got notified around 1030 hrs that I needed to respond to a SWAT callout and didn't get home until 1930 hrs. Ended up being a scenario, which I had never participated in before, so I had a good time. Here's the new's story...http://www.newscentralga.com/news/lo...104115399.html

Ruth - Sorry I missed you...but I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

Heidi - Hope you had a good day.

Cyndi - Glad you didn't cut yourself any worse on the storm window. That could've easily been MUCH uglier!!!

o stop home for lunch so that really helped. Everything went smoothly though, of course, I wish I'd been able to get more done. Hope you get your wireless card problem fixed soon.

Cottage - Hope the creek stayed below flood level for ya!!!

Waisting - Don't beat yourself up too much. Just get back on plan and stay away from the bread for a while. OMG, it's definitely one of my weaknesses, so I try to stay away from it as much as possible. I really like the Arnold's whole wheat sandwich thins b/c I can put them in the oven w/ some non-fat butter spray and garlic powder and it fools me into thinking I'm having two pieces of bread instead of the equivalent of one.

Lexxiss - Hope you had a good day w/ your sister. How long's she staying for??? Sorry if you've already said and I forgot, LOL

Lindsay - Congrats on taking off your vacation pounds. Whoo hoo!!!

Anywho, I went to bed around 0330 hrs and I've been up since 1030 hrs, so I think I'm going to hit the hay soon. Hope you ladies had a good day!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Oh and I forgot to say it was a bad day for me foodwise due to being out on the scenario for 9 hours. I held out as long as I could but I finally had to succumb and eat 1 piece of pizza for lunch and 1 piece of pizza for dinner. I ran up to the store for a few minutes to use the bathroom and had picked up things like Whole Grain cheese crackers and dill pickles, but when I got up to the register I realized I had left my ATM card in my gym bag last night. GRRR!!!
Closed Thread