Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 02:28 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Christian Encouragers #168

Welcome to a wonderful group of Christians who encourage each other each and every day. If you need a friend or some encouragment for your diet plan, you have come to the right place.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:52 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi

I am still a bit new around here so just getting acquainted... but just wanted to wish everyone a blessed weekend... I just said a prayer for all of you! Hang in there and keep your hope and trust in the Lord!

Sue
Old 03-16-2003, 08:26 AM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello friends ~

Just a quick note on this beautiful and "sonny" Sunday morning

Hope you all have a blessed day
Old 03-16-2003, 10:45 AM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry SUNDAY MORNING

GOOD MORNING LADIES---

It is another day here in California. We are at our normal level of rain for a change-- we have had been in drought conditions for quite sometime. I didn't go to church last night because it was soooo rainy-- planned on going this morning-- then my brother called and wanted to work on my room with me today-- I am missing church now--- not getting my priorities straight this week-end.

My hamburger vegetable soup was pretty good MICHELE . Yes I would like your recipe-- my mom makes a low cal chili using green beans that is pretty darn good too. I always have liked to have some "alone" time-- I assume everyone does-- but for the reasons you had it I am very sorry-- I went through a divorce that I didn't want 14 years ago-- I was alone alot there too-- she wasn't with anyone else JUST NOT WITH ME-- we are close, as parents of our kids, and see each other all the time-- it has worked out WONDERFULLY in my life-- with the relationship I have with my kids and my wife-- her life has not been so fortunate for her --- I think she is still lonely-- They make their choices though don't they!! Good luck to you-- you are such a sweetie-- I know the right guy that you deserve is coming soon!!!

ZOE Where in the heck are you leading us?

danceforJoy Good to hear from you Sue-- keep checking in when you can.

HI-- to everyone else-- my brother is here so gotta go-- can't pass up FREE help

IN CHRIST-Gary
Old 03-16-2003, 11:13 AM   #5  

Thanks for the welcome, Gary! This is a great forum, and I was really happy to find a Christian group here!

I'm doing great today so far... went to the gym for a mini workout (30 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes strength training) before early church. One thing that is nice about getting into exercise... when I woke up this morning I thought... "Oh... this body needs to MOVE." I've only been back into my health/fitness program about a month after a year or more of messing up... so here I go again!!

BTW my html code is always off when I come into the forum so I can't do smilies unless I go through all kinds of rigamarole... sure wish I could find the fix for this.

Sue
Old 03-16-2003, 11:33 AM   #6  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

oh, BTW, Sue, WELCOME ~ (sorry I didn't say that earlier) Hope to hear alot from ya.

In Christ's Love,
Me <><
Old 03-16-2003, 11:41 AM   #7  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning everyone!

I've been struggling with the flu this weekend. Not sick enough to stay in bed but feeling lousy enough to not do too much. I did get my curtains washed yesterday. Spring is coming! We've lost a lot of snow already but there's still too much in the yard to see the grass. Soon!!

How did everyone do this week with their weight loss? I actually lost 1 lb. I guess even something as simple as changing to frozen yogurt can help. I eat well otherwise but the ice cream was getting the better of me.

I hope everyone has a great day today. DH is coming home tonight after being away since Wed. Looking forward to it.

Have a peaceful day!
Old 03-17-2003, 08:55 AM   #8  

Default Monday

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Just popped in to say hello for a minute. I'm really busy these days and haven't had the opportunity to drop by. It's been absolutely beautiful here in Texas and I have been taking advantage of it and trying to get my yard back in shape. We are building new flower beds and changing things and getting ready to do some "tire" gardening. That is a way of gardening probably only seen in the south. You use tires and fill them with soil and plant your veggies inside. It cuts down on the weeds and it helps hold the moisture. So, my backyard is a tire yard now. We love fresh veggies but don't have enough time to have a reg large garden. This way, we still get tomatoes, squash, okra, peppers, cucumbers, etc...

And I read an article about taking a long, planter about 6-8 wide by however long and planting leaf lettuce in it and putting it on the patio, away from the rabbits. So, it's really easy to just step out and pick a little salad anytime. Yum!!! Anyway, it's an exciting but exhausting time for us. But I love getting my yard and flower beds ready to plant. We are planning on having lots of color and types of flowers both perennials and annuals.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!! I'll try to check back in later.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:55 PM   #9  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi CEers,

It's been a long day, worked all day at the billing place and when I got home they called me into work at the gym, one of the girls wasn't feeling well. So i cam e in and i was able to work out, but when I got done i had a heart palpitation which lasted about 14 minutes. I've had them before. I have a guy friend who's a paramedic, whom i called, he had me take my pulse and see when it stopped (the palpitation, not my pulse ) . I don't like them...... they kind of scare me but it went away. Then i went to the library and grocery shopping.

Gary, I hope you are right that my guy is just around the corner. Sometimes I truly feel that, actually I feel that I have met him, he's the one in WA but we'll see what God has in store for me. I sure hope it happens sometime soon, i'm getting tired of waiting....

Sherry, the tire garden sounds like a great idea! I'm jealous, we have to wait until about May to plant around here. Maybe we'll have an early season and I love the idea of the planter box with lettuce. I like to plant different lettuces by seed. They are so easy to grow and you can pick them and most come back again and again. Oooh, I can't wait.

That's all for me for now.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:45 AM   #10  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! Just a quick one this morning. It's a bright sunny day and it looks like spring is here. I've been having a couple of good days with WOE. I'm finding energy to get things done too which is great. It sure makes me feel better to be busy.

I want to go check out paint colours and start painting this house. It needs it badly. It'll also be good for me to keep me from snacking.

Have a great day!
Old 03-18-2003, 07:25 PM   #11  

I had to kick DD of the computer so I could stop in and say Hello! It has been nice weather here in Indy. But when I left work it was windy and looks like rain! It is my turn for dinner so were having chicken pie of course I am no cook so mine is from Sam's Club! I did my WI and I stayed the same I am hoping for a loss this Sunday! Things were crazy at work Corp did some upgrades and now nothing prints. I need the Printer to do all my paperwork plus I do a schedule for 350 people and I have to print out the schedule by area in order to edit so I am now two days behind!!!!
Sherry-I had to laugh when you were telling about your tire garden because my neighbor at my old house had the city law inforcement on him because of all the trash and junk he had in his yard. He argued with the law that the tires in his yard were for decoration! He lost and had to remove them or face a 1000.00 fine and court cost!
Dance4joy-Are you on any speical Diet? What will power to work out first thing in the morning! Any hints on how to get started?
Wilma- 1 more lb gone for good! I know it is hard to give up something you like but keep up the good work!
Michele-Gary is right God has someone speical in mind for you. Just keep praying for his will.
Zoe-How is your diet going? I know it was hard getting back OP after you trip. I have been praying for youl

I got to go my DD needs help with homework.
Sami
Old 03-18-2003, 08:28 PM   #12  

Hi Sami -- and others

Thanks for the welcome! And actually I love working out first thing in the morning when I can, which is only on weekends as I leave for work at around 6 AM. It helps that I live in an apt complex with a 24-hour fitness center so don't have to drive anywhere.

For myself personally I don't believe in dieting but just realizing I have to change my lifestyle and eating habits, since I have so much to lose and gain it back so easily! So I just eat healthful meals -- it helps that gradually I have "built up" my kitchen with relatively inexpensive small appliances... George Foreman grill, dehydrator, blender, T-Fal steamer, etc., so that I can cook nutritious meals quickly and easily. I love to go to the bulk food bins in the grocery stores and get all kinds of spices and whatever to try out... very inexpensive that way!

I do take Juice Plus Complete every morning, either in a fruit smoothie or just in juice or whatever. I find that it almost completely eliminates my cravings and I often don't even bother to eat my (nutritious) snacks... wow NOT like me!! It also makes me feel so much better and helps keep my system running smoothly. I'm a firm believer in the stuff!

I also have a Home Group through my church... most of us are trying to stay fit, so we pray for and support one another.

One thing that really helps me is that my best friend was encouraging me to attend a Christian weight loss program at our church... for her it worked GREAT and she lost even more weight than she thought she could... but to ME the program is HORRID and a nightmare of rules and restrictions... yuck! So she got me to promise her that she would give me ONE month on my plan and if I messed up I would go to the program. Well... it turned into a fun thing to help... because I will NOT mess up if I have to go to that!!! So at the end of my month I voluntarily offered another promise to her (which she was quick to take me up on) for another month -- mess up and I land in the program! I KNOW I will NOT eat what I shouldn't because I do NOT want to go there!!

Sue
Old 03-18-2003, 08:53 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry TUESDAY

HI LOSERS

Not much happening here other than work-- have a board of directors meeting at church tonight, so I am making spaghetti-- easy-- cause it is my night to cook also. Whole wheat spaghetti with RAGU and Franesco Rinaldi sauce, and of course a salad.
The rest of the week will be real busy as my daughter has tennis every day-- I will go right from work-- drive 1.5 hours to her matches and then drive home-- should be home around 7 or so each night-- if I am LUCKY-- with California traffic.

dance4joy Keep up the treadmill work-- keep those icons coming.

WILMA Sorry about the flu-- I hope you feel better soon. Take your time painting-- make sure to mask off EVERYTHING!! You can really spice up a house with the right colors.

SHERRY A tire garden huh-- what is next an exhaust pipe lawn

MICHELE Careful girl with that heart!! Good luck with your WA. connection

SAMI Sorry about the printer problems-- How are those girls behaving?

IN CHRIST-Gary
Old 03-19-2003, 01:06 AM   #14  

Thanks Gary! Perhaps if I keep it up someday I will LOOK like the woman on that treadmill in my icon... but it will definitely be a while! One advantage I have is that I actually enjoy the treadmill and also dance and work out with arms too while I am on the treadmill. People think I am crazy... but hey it works and burns extra calories!!!

Sue
Old 03-19-2003, 08:21 AM   #15  

Default Wednesday

Morning all CEer's!!!!!!!

As I write this my heart is heavy for our country, our world. Knowing that things could change today and never be the same again is kinda scary. Our troops, our country, our world, our President are all in my prayers as well as everyone who will be effected by such a move which is pretty much everyone. NOW is the time to get on your knees my friends. Speak your prayers to our Lord you believers and ask for guidance, leadership, perserverence, endurance, protection, etc... My friends just pour your hearts out to our Savior.

Congratulations to all the losers!! I hope all of you have a good day!!!!
Closed Thread