Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 08:03 AM   #1  
Andrew

Default Weekend Thread

Jayne-those old WW recipes were a scream-I had tears in my eyes after I got done reading them. I am going to send that to every WW person I know. Thanks for sharing. Here's the address again for anyone who missed it.

http://www.poundy.com/wwcards.html

This is my weekend off so I probably won't post agin but I just wanted to tell you how funny that website was. Have a good weekend everyone.

PS-Here's something funny my uncle sent me, you need speakers for it.

http://www.smilebug.com/scratch-sniff.shtml

Last edited by momofoneson; 03-15-2003 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:32 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello!

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't make it in to post on Friday, I had some stuff going on at work that I needed to be working on. It's Saturday night around 1:15 a.m., and I'm at work. We're doing some thing that they need some people to do extra hours and I'm one of the lucky ones who was asked to work. That would be fine with me, except they stuck me working Saturday from 1800 to 0600. To make things worse, I'm sort of feeling like maybe I'm coming down with the cold I just got rid of.

I'm starting to get to the tired point, but if I remember correctly, the worst part is the 3 a.m. period, so when 2:30-3 hits, I'm going to grab my watch, set the timer on it and walk laps for an hour around the building...

For those of you who read this post, you'll probably hear me whining again on Monday's thread about the following problem:

I now weigh more than I did when I started WW this year. I started at 167.6 and now weigh 167.8. Yes, it's .2 lbs which is pretty minimal, but it's also been 6 meetings and I should be losing. Here's what my problem is: It's been down, up, down, up and I know what my problem is. If I'm down one week, I'll use that as an excuse to say for example, go out to lunch and order whatever I want. That one meal turns into two, which turns into the entire week and it all turns into a full-fledged pig-out-athon, so of course I'm up the next week. So the next week, I behave myself and show a loss at WI. Which starts the whole thing over again... Why do I keep doing this to myself and after one "naughty" meal, why can't I stop myself?

I've been doing some thinking on this whole dilemma... Here's the conclusion I've come to: all those WW tools that they're always talking about seemed stupid to me before, when the weight came off easy and I didn't have a lifestyle where I was frequently tempted with choices I couldn't say no to. I always thought that all those tools were kind of redundant, but now that I'm struggling so much, I think maybe it's time to re-evaluate the usefulness of those tools. And, since I'm here at work until 6 a.m. with nothing much to do, I'm going to take a little time and do just that.

Sorry to unload on you guys, but it's really been kind of bogging me down, even though I've been really good about exercise this week, yay!!

I hope all of you are having wonderful, exciting weekends and I can't wait to see you on Monday!!

Old 03-16-2003, 09:31 AM   #3  
Andrew

Good Morning.
Jess-I'm with you. Going out to eat gets me every time. I need to stay away from resteraunts. That week I gained 4 lbs I went out to eat a few times and ordered whatever I wanted and then said the **** with it. Last night I went out to dinner and I figured I would use it as my high point day (on that Wendy plan you can have a 37 point day for my point category). We were going to Applebees but it was so crowded so we looked for another place. My 11 year old wanted to go to Denny's because he loves having breakfast for dinner. So we went over there and I ordered French Toast and sausage and I had 3 buffallo wings. If I am figuring it correctly (I looked up the points for Denny's) I ate 67 points for dinner!!! Can you believe that!? I also had 3 Bud Lights-2 points each. They don't serve that at Denny's but it is my Saturday night off so I had one before we left and then came home and got into my jammies and soaked my feet in hot water and peppermint soap and had two more.But anyway, I am not going to say the **** with it this week. I am just going to eat my low points for the rest of the week. What else can I do? I am also going to walk today. It is beautiful and is supposed to get to 40 or 50 degrees today. Isn't it amazing that you can eat 67 points in one sitting. I've been doing that for years too. If we had went to Applebees I would have really gone over because I planned on having a Mucho Margarita-how many points must that be? I'm off to my son's basketball game today. I love to watch him play. Have a good rest of the weekend.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:24 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Hey all,

Sorry I have been MIA, but I have been having severe internet issues (my network card is busted, but my BF has lent me his old one).

Also, my BFs mom died and I have been pretty much with him from Wednesday night until yesterday afternoon. I went home yesterday and did some stuff here. I called to see how he was last night, but I think overall he needed to be alone for a while. I told him to call me if he needs me for anything (even help buying a suit). I just hope I ain't being too smothering or clingy. He doesn't have the big family that I do or anything and his relatives have only just been coming into town. I'll probably call him tonight to see how he is though. He told me he'll need me most when all his relatives are gone. It's just strange at the same time, since our relationship is still new, but regardless he needed someone, so I volunteered.

Take care!

Ali
Closed Thread