Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 06:45 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Monday 9/27/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone, hope everyone has a great week!! Down to 182.8 this morning... come on 170s! So close! Was thinking about the Halloween challenge and not sure if I'm going to make it since I started two weeks late, but I was calculating what I need to lose to get there, and I realized if I made it, I would only have 0.2 to go to be in phase 2! 15.8 lbs until phase 2! I'm excited and nervous!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #3  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning everyone, hope everyone has a great week!! Down to 182.8 this morning... come on 170s! So close! Was thinking about the Halloween challenge and not sure if I'm going to make it since I started two weeks late, but I was calculating what I need to lose to get there, and I realized if I made it, I would only have 0.2 to go to be in phase 2! 15.8 lbs until phase 2! I'm excited and nervous!
Congratulations! I think you are doing great! I had about a two week period of no loss and was happy to be down two lbs in the last two days. I think I was retaining water. I forget to drink enough on some days!
I will be traveling to Austrailia soon and wonder if anyone knows if there are EAS advantage or those types of shakes available there. Also if there are any protein bars sold over there that would work with IP principles? Thanks!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #4  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

It's Monday everyone! Did we all stick to our no cheat weekend pledge?

A big cheer to all that did and a cheer to all of those who made it through just one day of no cheating. It helped me stay on track by pledging not to cheat. I kept thinking of all of you out there doing the exact same thing as me. Strange how we don't know each other, but are supporting and encouraging each other to achieve our goals. How wonderful is that!

Here's to another day of no cheating!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Top of the Mornin'-made it through the no cheat weekend!!

Good Monday morning Everyone!!
Had a great weekend all round...we finished our harvest yesterday!!! Yeah!!!

20 lbs by Hallowe'en Challenge Don't forget to post your weights!!! Everyone is doing great!!!

Welcome to all the Newbies This is a great eating program and you will have a wonderful journey with us all!!!

NSV for all the NSV this weekend...they are the little things that mean so much and keep us pumped up!!!

OK everyone...here's to another great IP week

Last edited by Journeysend; 09-27-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #6  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hello everyone

I did not stick to my challenge and it was mostly due to feeling really down so I will have to work on that. My son worked all weekend my daughter was with her father and i felt really lonely I guess. Crazy
Old 09-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Hello everyone

I did not stick to my challenge and it was mostly due to feeling really down so I will have to work on that. My son worked all weekend my daughter was with her father and i felt really lonely I guess. Crazy

Sheila Today is a new day, so don't put yourself down about the weekend!!! You can do it we are here for you!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Start of week 2

Good morning everyone!
This is the start of week 2 for me and I feel great!
I have to say again how great it is to be able to come here to learn and be inspired.
My WI is not until tomorrow evening and I can hardly wait. My scale says down 7 lbs. I am going to California November 19th to visit some good friends for a long weekend and I really want to be in 'onederland' by then! I'm sure I can do it.
Hope everyone has a happy Monday.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone ! Just finished Week 17 and am down 74.8 pounds !! All I can say is WOW !! Couldn't have even imagined this number 17 weeks ago.

Was away for the weekend and meals out were awesome - am so learning how to do this....all you have to do is ask. This plan works and works well !!

Have a great day everyone !
Old 09-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Good morning everyone ! Just finished Week 17 and am down 74.8 pounds !! All I can say is WOW !!

Wow?
she asked, ironically. Can't you think of something stronger?

Well, I can't either. WOW!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 201.5/171.5/140?

Height: 5'8"

So I haven't been able to read the forums much over the last week, but yesterday I reached 30 lbs lost. Sometimes it feels like 'yay me', and sometimes it's hard to believe. I've never succeded at losing weight before so it's kind of a new thing. Sometimes I even though I know it's a great thing that I've lost 30 lbs, and I can see that I look better, I can't help seeing and thinking about how much more weight/fat I want gone. Anyways, enough babblling, mostly I'm very happy I got to 30 lbs gone.

Hope you all have a great week!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

Well, Congratz to all of you who managed a weekend without cheats! I on the other hand did not make it through.... I take comfort in the fact that I only cheated with IP products and not junk food. Saturday I had 4 IP packets but 3 of those were restricted . It's still better than the choc. chip cookies and rice crispy squares that my hubby made!!!

Today is a big day for me. As of this morning, I am half way through! I am now confident to make my goal and maybe more before Christmas! I started with a goal of 150 but really....I would love to get down to 140 or 135! I'm just scared to write that one down.

I'm thinking of going all the way to 150 on phase 1, then switching to phase 2 and lose the rest...I don't know if that is the right way to do it...
Old 09-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Good Monday Morning Everyone!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!! I was very busy, with company still here. We also attended a wedding and Ididn't cheat. Yeah! You know it wasn't hard at all. I did start phase 2 and my scale seems to be going down every day wow. Amazing! I did go out to our business, haven't been there for a while. It was great, people were amazed at my new shape. I can't believe my new shape either!

To all you newbies!! This is the coolest thing, IP, I have ever done!! I don't like to call it a diet because I don't feel it is. It is life changing and a new life for so many of us that have fought being overweight our entire lives!!! I feel so good, energetic, and not tired ever. Better then I have ever felt in my life. So keep it up and don't give up.

Good job to everyone that had good success on weight loss and no cheating over the weekend.

Help - I went to the sticky that tells you how to change your ticker but I still can't do it right. Can someone explain it to me, please? thanks

Have a great Monday!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #14  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post

Today is a big day for me. As of this morning, I am half way through! I am now confident to make my goal and maybe more before Christmas! I started with a goal of 150 but really....I would love to get down to 140 or 135! I'm just scared to write that one down.

I'm thinking of going all the way to 150 on phase 1, then switching to phase 2 and lose the rest...I don't know if that is the right way to do it...
Well, given your perseverance I'd say just go for it! And more.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #15  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Congrats to all the scale and NSV vicotories over the weekend

Well this is almost the end of my second week and so far so good. I am finding new veggies eat that I thought I wouldn't like. Today is a long day for me scratch that this week will be a long week, test and so many appt. with childrens extra cricular activities, wish me luck in making sure I get all my water and packets in sometimes it is hard to plan around these events. But I know that planning is the key.

Everyone have a great start to your week and keep up the good work.
Closed Thread