Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

Unhappy 1st day on IP---bleehhh

So I was so excited to get started on IP today and boy was I in for a surprise. I decided to start with the chicken soup for breakfast and I couldn't even take more than 3 tablespoons. I started off with it being a little thicker, then I thinned it out, then I put it down all together. 1 word - disgusting. So I figured I wouldn't be deterred so I decided I would have the rice crisp cereal for breakfast instead. Well since you add it to water and I was in a rush, I figured I could just throw the packet back and eat the cereal dry and just drink water. Low and behold there was all this powder in the packet. Hmmmm, is this normal or were there several crushed crisps in my packet (sigh). I finished the packet but I'm concerned this may be a little more difficult then I initially thought. I also see that I am going to have to plan my meals in advance a little more so that I have time to eat my meals as oppose to trying to eat on the go. Any other suggestions. For my first order I received the gelatin, mushroom & chicken soup, plain pancake, caramel nutbar, choc. pudding, bbq ridges, and omlette. This was supposed to get me through the first month but I'm nervous about the soups now. Any advice or words of encoragement?
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

First of all, Welcome!

Too bad you're first day didn't go so well and yes, I would say you do have to plan at least a little. I am talking with all the experience of one week under my belt.
I just had the cereal for breakfast this morning for the first time and it's pretty good when mixed as instructed. Like rice crispies, but quite sweet. I prefer the cappuccino and have replaced my usual cup of coffee with that most mornings. I haven't tried the chicken soup yet, but I found the leek and mushroom quite good, especially with a few veggies added.
Please take the time to read through this forum. There are so many wonderful tip, ideas, recipes etc. Don't get discouraged! I started last Monday and my scale says I'm down 7 lbs this morning (my WI is not until tomorrow). The first couple of days are a little challenging, but you will feel great by day 3-4.
Yesterday, my sister told me she could tell I'd lost a weight already, but she also said my skin looked great! Added bonus!
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msren10 View Post
So I was so excited to get started on IP today and boy was I in for a surprise. I decided to start with the chicken soup for breakfast and I couldn't even take more than 3 tablespoons. I started off with it being a little thicker, then I thinned it out, then I put it down all together. 1 word - disgusting. So I figured I wouldn't be deterred so I decided I would have the rice crisp cereal for breakfast instead. Well since you add it to water and I was in a rush, I figured I could just throw the packet back and eat the cereal dry and just drink water. Low and behold there was all this powder in the packet. Hmmmm, is this normal or were there several crushed crisps in my packet (sigh). I finished the packet but I'm concerned this may be a little more difficult then I initially thought. I also see that I am going to have to plan my meals in advance a little more so that I have time to eat my meals as oppose to trying to eat on the go. Any other suggestions. For my first order I received the gelatin, mushroom & chicken soup, plain pancake, caramel nutbar, choc. pudding, bbq ridges, and omlette. This was supposed to get me through the first month but I'm nervous about the soups now. Any advice or words of encoragement?

WOW...that is much of a variety of food for a month!! Yes this plan does take some meal planning and prep time. If you are a on-the-go-breakfast kind of gal I would suggest making the choco pudding into a shake. I add about 8oz of ice cold water to a mini blender with the choco pudding and some WF (walden's farm) Choco syrup, blend it up, then add about 6 ice cubes and blend again...makes a nice thick shake!!
I depends on how you make the soup, with IP you are not supposed to heat the stuff up too fast...try it at a lower power in your mic. The cereal mix with ice cold water, some cinnamon and let sit in the fridge for about 10-15min.
If you haven't please check out the Tips for Newbies sticky...lots of good info and hints there
GOOD LUCK with your 1st day!!!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #4  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
my first order I received the gelatin, mushroom & chicken soup, plain pancake, caramel nutbar, choc. pudding, bbq ridges, and omlette. This was supposed to get me through the first month but I'm nervous about the soups now. Any advice or words of encoragement?
I don't know what nincompoop put together your first order, or sold it to you as your "first month" choice, but what you got (and how you ate it) has nothing to do with the I P plan.

Please. Read widely in this forum. Start with the Tips to Newbies and work through the other stickies. Realize, assimilate what the program is all about. Then go back to your purveyor of nonsense, ask for a refund, and find another I P coach or go to IPtoGo.

This is a really worthwhile plan and if you want to make it work for you, you should have an opportunity to do so.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Linden, your order is silly. My coach gave me a whole variety of stuff and only for one week. This was so that I could try different things and come up with what are my favourites. I go shopping again tomorrow when I weigh in for the first time.
I had the omelet yesterday and it was fabulous! I sauteed up some mushroom first, then the omelet mix. Delicious! Not so great if you're really in a hurry, then the drinks are quicker.
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Welcome msren10!!!

The powder in the cereal is powdered milk, when you mix it with cold water the cereal is pretty good but takes some getting used to as it is still not exactly like regular cereal. I like to add a little cinnamon to mine.

When I first started this program I could not stomach a lot of the food. I was used to eating lots of (high fat & calorie laden foods) that actually were not even tasting good to me anymore.

It is an adjustment and my coach was kind enough to exchange the foods I could just not tolerate for foods that I could eat.

Hopefully you will find some favorites in your starter pack. Some people just have a few foods that they like and they eat them everyday. My taste buds have changed after 3 months on the program but it was very difficult for me at first.

There is a lot of info. here and when you have time to read through some of it --- you will learn lots !!!
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I don't know what nincompoop put together your first order, or sold it to you as your "first month" choice, but what you got (and how you ate it) has nothing to do with the I P plan.

Please. Read widely in this forum. Start with the Tips to Newbies and work through the other stickies. Realize, assimilate what the program is all about. Then go back to your purveyor of nonsense, ask for a refund, and find another I P coach or go to IPtoGo.

This is a really worthwhile plan and if you want to make it work for you, you should have an opportunity to do so.
I have to admit that the nincompoop is me. The closest center is an hour away so I decided to do idealtogo. They don't have a starter kit for sale online so I just bought several of the foods I thought I would enjoy with a max of 4 restricted boxes(the only advice given from company rep aka my" coach"). I really don't want to feel alone and after your responses I'm nervous about my" coach" so this board is critical to my success. I put the soup in the fridge. Can I reheat and try it with veggies or is it no good (nutritional value) once heated? Thanks girls! It's almost lunch time and I feel fine other than feeling silly about throwing back powdered milk LOL!!!
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #8  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Default Shifting focus

I think you've just had a "fast forward" experience that a lot of us took a week or more to get to--if you choose to pursue weight loss and eventual successful maintenance through IP it means making significant changes to your life and how you focus on food.

Here is what I learned: what I've been doing so far didn't work so well--if it did I would not be fat. So, I had to open my mind to the idea I needed to do something differently, and significantly differently--and for the REST OF MY LIFE, not just for the time it would take to get the pounds off. Like you, I am an "eat on the go" person. And IP takes a pretty large amount of planning. As you will see when you read through the forum, prepping vegetables to take to sports events, pre-packing hard boiled eggs and salad dressings when you travel, and carrying RTD shakes in your bag at all times are just a few of the things you will learn. Because being prepared is what it's all about--if you are caught off guard (and suddenly hungry, or just craving) THAT is when you will make bad choices.

So, for me it was a huge cultural change--I had to set aside time to do the prep so I could be in control of what I was eating, and do it on my time. This wasn't easy, but I can tell you, it has changed my current and future life. I lost 40 pounds without being hungry. And I am 4 weeks into maintenance having lost another 3 pounds. I feel great, I don't crave carbs, and I have completely changed the way I look at and think about food. And that is what makes IP work.

The first week is the hardest, and I hope you stick with it. We are all here to support you! Best of luck
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #9  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Luckily, I've been on all liquid Opti-Fast in my history of dieting so I think IP is wayyyy better and more satisfying than the all liquid crap I was drinking to lost 30 lbs.
RhondaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #10  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

today was my 14th day and I am down 14.5 pounds. I love the chicken soup, creamy salty yummy. I love the chocolate and vanilla drink mixes, the omlette, and the jello. That about sums up what I eat. The bars and chips are restricted and shouldn't be eaten for awhile (I am going to wait two months). I also like the cappicino drink. I look forward to my meat and veggies every night. I feel awesome and I tell myself I need food to live and to derive pleasure out of the experiences in my life instead of food (that keeps me going). So far, best diet I have ever done....but I have followed it to the letter. Good luck...I recommend making the drive to that center (mine is 35 minutes away).
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
I have to admit that the nincompoop is me. The closest center is an hour away so I decided to do idealtogo. They don't have a starter kit for sale online so I just bought several of the foods I thought I would enjoy with a max of 4 restricted boxes(the only advice given from company rep aka my" coach"). I really don't want to feel alone and after your responses I'm nervous about my" coach" so this board is critical to my success. I put the soup in the fridge. Can I reheat and try it with veggies or is it no good (nutritional value) once heated? Thanks girls! It's almost lunch time and I feel fine other than feeling silly about throwing back powdered milk LOL!!!
HI. Welcome to IP I also started this month - I'm on week three. The food isn't gourmet - but face it - it's diet food and it is what WILL do the job. I lost 5.6 lbs the first week and I've never heard of another diet that could do that!
There will be some sacrifice regarding figuring out what IP foods you love, can tolerate and strongly dislike. (I have made the strawberry pudding, cappucino and orange/banana drink and had to throw it away because I just couldn't eat/drink anymore.) But now I have found the things I really enjoy (like the chocolate shake, the chocolate pudding - both as pudding and as a shake). The bars (though restricted one a day items) are so good too.
You can do this and be successful with your weight loss goal! Just take a look at all the people on this forum who have had AMAZING success with it. It will take willpower, but keep looking towards your end result and goal. YOU CAN DO THIS! Keep pushing forward, you will NOT regret it!! Everyone is so great about supporting one another and giving great ideas and tips.
Here's one tip: For dinner, I sauteed chicken with mushrooms then mixed the mushroom soup up (a little on the thicker side) and poured it over the chicken and baked it for 10 mins. It was so yum! (I bet you could use the chicken soup also and maybe substitute the mushrooms for broccoli.) I also thought of doing the mush soup thing with lean pork chops.
Good Luck!!
navy mom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote